Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
are you so poor that you eat food for sustenance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Is Xi Jinping thought not enough to sustain you

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
It is said that the Dragon Warrior can survive for months on nothing but the dew of a single ginkgo leaf and the energy of the universe.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.

Wendigee posted:

China is funny to me. They tried to cover up a disease that they designed in their bio warfare lab that got leaked. Thankfully it's not very deadly like Ebola or something. Problem is you can pass it without feeling sick for like a week. So we're all going to get it but only old people and new borns will die.

Opened up this thread for the first time and this being on the first page is quite something. I do not want to know what the following couple hundred pages looked like with the timing.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Yeah, people can be stupid. The idea that COVID is a designed flu is very funny to me.

In other news,
https://twitter.com/DongshengNews/status/1671911086256209920?t=k6mXMRvz-oVvIKjEmETg2g&s=19

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
These mfs bringing back these Great Depression rear end dishes like Xi's about to declare another Four Pests Campaign smdh

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

There was nothing depressing about the Great Leap Forward, comrade.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Except for averaged rates of life expectancy

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Xakura posted:

I assume this is some sort of genetic thing, like Coriander

I've got that genetic thing where cilantro tastes like soap... but mangoes taste fine to me.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

gonna have to recommend avoiding this movie. it’s pretty, but, uh… :stare:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

When you make stone soup you're supposed to take the stone out at the end

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dick Fontaine posted:

looks like a cross between a pixar movie and spirited away. Is it, uh, more?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Okuteru posted:

Yeah, people can be stupid. The idea that COVID is a designed flu is very funny to me.

In other news,
https://twitter.com/DongshengNews/status/1671911086256209920?t=k6mXMRvz-oVvIKjEmETg2g&s=19

Invincible Youth was pretty dope.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Dick Fontaine posted:

So... what's wrong with it?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It's Chinas take on the Little Mermaid.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

My cryptic "recommend avoiding this movie" post has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my post.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Bet she has cancer or some poo poo

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Has anyone listened to the Failure To Launch episode on the origins of the Chinese space program? I’m only halfway done and it’s wild poo poo (plus some great delivery by the hosts and guest).

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Scam Likely posted:

My cryptic "recommend avoiding this movie" post has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my post.

I think the wikipedia articles for the film more than clears things up.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
How's China taking their dictator buddy's recent troubles?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Pretty extensive plot synopsis. Tough to read it in one sitting.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

the whole movie is a neglected child’s hallucination after she falls off a boat. these delusions revolve around the stories the other main character—a clown who jumped into the ocean to save her—is telling to distract her from the fact that they are both adrift and slowly drowning. the clown dies. something like the last twenty minutes of the movie is spent rubbing it in how sad everything is and then it’s over. the girl learns to eat bitterness and we are assured her life is better now as the credits roll

it’s a reasonably fun and rather gorgeous spirited away knock off up until the ending though

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

mobby_6kl posted:

"No comment"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I looked this up when dude posted about the film and lol yeah.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

mobby_6kl posted:

China Daily's front page headline today is about how happy someone was to get a letter from Xi Jinping, so about how you'd expect.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

New favorite wonton brand:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Grand Fromage posted:

China Daily's front page headline today is about how happy someone was to get a letter from Xi Jinping, so about how you'd expect.

Today it's just reiterating support for Russian stability, so same ol' same ol'.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Today it's just reiterating support for Russian stability, so same ol' same ol'.

dude I have no idea who you are but almost half of your rapsheet are bans. lol. so jealous, that's so sick

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
An observation on lingo:

https://twitter.com/MarkSimonHK/status/1674092637522120704

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
(stolen from reddit)

Blizzard: We are a US based company, China does not own us.

Also Blizzard:

https://i.imgur.com/EjT1yLr.mp4

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Shumagorath posted:

(plus some great delivery by the hosts and guest).

Unlike the Chinese space program amirite

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1675811746257281024

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wtf are you doing Gerwig

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
money?

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Anyone want to fill in for those of us who don't have twitter?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Barbie movie banned in Vietnam for containing a map with the 6,000 year old nine dash line.

I don't have twitter it just still works in my country you gotta believe me

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

I can't remember if China basically won't let a movie be shown if it has a map that doesn't contain the dashed line or if including it gains favors and makes it more likely to get shown there.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Didn't Marvel lose a lot of money not being able to show Shang Chi in China because of a [redacted] Square reference on the bus driver's uniform?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the actual proximate cause was prolly the lead dude being a canqdian chinese dude and mouthing off at the party

which, you know, he got good cause

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
allegedly:

Possibly an ingenious attempt to square the circle by having a dashed line ambiguous whether it's the dashed line or a journey marker

(even stylized maps must show dashes according to Beijing, that's not novel, but personally I would have left off Asia altogether. I hear Aquellia is nice this time of the year)

ronya fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 3, 2023