Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Burning the contents of the research data into slices of toast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w7kqcd4Tmg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6v8ccDiTTw

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
gently caress yes

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Sunk Dunk posted:

James Vowels on Williams
Excuse me

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

vlad3217 posted:

In the grandstand at turn 12. Don't have F1TV but thought that might be an option, could always do a week trial for the race if they have that.

That’s where I sat and think it’s a pretty good spot. Be sure to walk around and watch cars go fast from the grass outside turns 2-6. Have fun!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Phwoar a Cosworth :britain:

FakeBlood
Oct 23, 2008

Alive and kicking.

Sunk Dunk posted:

James Vowels on Williams

The magic that Albon can coax out of that thing should improve people's estimation of him, imo.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Pretty sure Adrian Newey's greatest regret was that whilst he could build all conquering race cars, he could never claim as many lives as Colin Chapman. A mere shadow of his idol.

I must say, this season I share his sadness.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

It's really looks like that car is draped with carpaccio

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

So I just started DTS S4 and I have a question that I’m sure is dumb. Why didn’t Mercedes use their car from last year rather than build a lovely new one?

Aren’t they (and I mean all teams really) rapidly approaching the point of refining the design to as good as it can really get?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

It's really looks like that car is draped with carpaccio

🤌 🤌 🤌 🤌 🤌 🤌 🤌 🤌 🤌

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

So I just started DTS S4 and I have a question that I’m sure is dumb. Why didn’t Mercedes use their car from last year rather than build a lovely new one?

Aren’t they (and I mean all teams really) rapidly approaching the point of refining the design to as good as it can really get?

Between 2021 and 2022 there were some pretty fundamental changes in the regulations that meant the cars needed to be rebuilt substantially. Stuff about aero design and the core concepts that keep the car on the road.

So while the car wouldn’t have changed a TON between say 2019 and 2020, their 2021 car would definitely have been illegal in 2022.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

That makes sense. Thanks!

I’m starting to be a Lando enthusiast. I’m actually surprised that there isn’t really anyone I strongly dislike yet. Maybe it’s all in the editing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

That makes sense. Thanks!

I’m starting to be a Lando enthusiast. I’m actually surprised that there isn’t really anyone I strongly dislike yet. Maybe it’s all in the editing.

Having not seen the show its definitely the editing if you didnt hate Nikita Mazepin

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

He’s been on screen for about the same length of time as he was in the race in Bahrain.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'd like to propose this thread do a memorial for those tragic victims of the submarine tragedy just like the time did a memorial for Nicky Hayden even though 80% of the posters had no loving clue who that was. I'll start

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKiBG8y2UsY

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

tony quidtana posted:

I'd like to propose this thread do a memorial for those tragic victims of the submarine tragedy just like the time did a memorial for Nicky Hayden even though 80% of the posters had no loving clue who that was. I'll start

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

tony quidtana posted:

id like to propose the single rock in your head imploded long ago

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

This would require listening to it, can’t make me do that.

I feel the same about Ed Sheeran.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

tony quidtana posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgLZMvnWxRU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

BUTTAS

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

BOATASS

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

tony quidtana posted:

imploded about as quick as that sub did

Dudley posted:

I feel the same about Ed Sheeran.

it's a good way to live

sun's out, buns out

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
No F1 this weekend, but you can watch a bunch of Miatas crash at Watkins Glen: https://www.imsa.com/tvlive/

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Sunk Dunk posted:

James Vowels on Williams

they fuckin' WOT m8?!?! :psypop:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Sam owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3xNSn_8PVI

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1969150/Formula_Bwoah_Online_Multiplayer_Racing/

Which one of you is this?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Alaois posted:

Having not seen the show its definitely the editing if you didnt hate Nikita Mazepin

I assume they didn't get to that yet.
Cause even with the DTS edit lens the Mazepisn didn't come off very well.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
there's one hilarious scene in DTS where they attempt to make mazepin look like a strategic genius for changing tires in the rain

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Sunk Dunk posted:

there's one hilarious scene in DTS where they attempt to make mazepin look like a strategic genius for changing tires in the rain
Russian clouds are different.

The edit of him beating Mick and Latifi was great, both didn't finish the race.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIt20DAVbwI

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Kimi owns, that looks like the poo poo he took when Pele was giving a speech at Interlagos.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Simplex posted:

This is going to make it even funnier when Hulkenberg finishes P15 tomorrow.

Holy poo poo

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

not exactly the prediction of the century with his previous finishes being 15, 12, 7, 17, 15, 17, 15

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

i don't think anything ferarri or mclaren have done in the last 15 years really point the finger at alonso not being helpful

in fact is seems like he is... cause, Aston Martin.?? unless you think lance stroll is a great car development driver

maybe mclaren and ferarri are just poo poo :thunk:

Maybe they entered the year so strong on the back of vettel input the whole of last year :thunk:

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Personal Lucubrant posted:

e: Since he took 4 others with him, it's not quite as hilarious as that flat-earther who turned himself into a crater with a DIY steam-powered rocket. It's still pretty funny, though.

He took 4 people richer than him with him, it owns bones OP this is praxis, a true hero of the left!!!

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

vlad3217 posted:

I'm going to my first race later this year in Austin. Will I want some kind of ear protection for the noise? Also is there some way to listen to team radio from the grandstand? Was hoping to hear Ferrari strategy calls in real time

Austin way too open to need any ear pro. Also the track are fuckers and make you buy special headsets to get any commentary, they black out the local radio broadcast. You can try to listen to a feed on your phone in the f1tv app but cell towers were completely overloaded as was the few places with wifi so I doubt you’ll get anything workable. Austin absolutely set up for maximum dollar extraction from spectators.

Average Lettuce posted:

Oh poo poo, I'm going to Spa this year and was assuming I wouldn't need ear protection. There will be F1, F2, F3 and I think Porsche Cup as well, should I bring ear plugs for that race? (never saw it)

Only F3 and Porsche are loud enough to need ear plugs and for me that was only in Monaco where you get the sound a bit more held in due to the course. If you are in a more open or set back spot you probably won’t need them but I would bring them in case since cheap foamies are small and you might not already have the existing level of hearing loss I have from a decade of working in datacenters unprotected.

TheBacon fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 25, 2023

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Going to a Formula E race was honestly pretty cool. I recommend it to anyone if there's a race near you in the future.

They sound like spaceships whizzing by and it's adorable.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

TheBacon posted:

Austin way too open to need any ear pro. Also the track are fuckers and make you buy special headsets to get any commentary, they black out the local radio broadcast. You can try to listen to a feed on your phone in the f1tv app but cell towers were completely overloaded as was the few places with wifi so I doubt you’ll get anything workable. Austin absolutely set up for maximum dollar extraction from spectators.

Only F3 and Porsche are loud enough to need ear plugs and for me that was only in Monaco where you get the sound a bit more held in due to the course. If you are in a more open or set back spot you probably won’t need them but I would bring them in case since cheap foamies are small and you might not already have the existing level of hearing loss I have from a decade of working in datacenters unprotected.

WEC at Fuji last year, sitting in the main straight grandstand was way too loud (especially the Porsches and LMP2s), but in more open spaces was better. I'm taking ear plugs with me this year, might get over-ears as well but the race is in early September and that will be warm still.

Would definitely recommend anyone take ear protection, at least ear plugs, because it's better to have and not need than the other way around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

TheBacon posted:

He took 4 people richer than him with him, it owns bones OP this is praxis, a true hero of the left!!!

The true herpes of the left post insane screeds in cspam :colbert: