Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I am not a native English speaker but to me that sounds like a weirdly odd name to market. Bit of a mouthful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Mr. Neutron posted:

I am not a native English speaker but to me that sounds like a weirdly odd name to market. Bit of a mouthful.

It's probably already referred to as an acronym in meetings at Anet, with folks calling it just "Soto"

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

whydirt posted:

Hmmm. I’m betting/hoping this means anet will finally explain:

whoa I'll take this as confirmation that we'll finally see the bird people zone (and maybe even the floating wizard tower)!!!

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Mr. Neutron posted:

It is the most vague title possible. The Stuff of the Things.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Mercury_Storm posted:

whoa I'll take this as confirmation that we'll finally see the bird people zone (and maybe even the floating wizard tower)!!!

It'll be more Cantha bullshit to justify the art asset costs from EoD, with maybe something from Core Tyria so they can re-use those assets. They had a year to develop Gyala Delves. Most of the enemies are re-skins with spooky demon particle effects. So I'm thinking it's 2-3 maps, with 2 in Cantha and 1 somewhere in Core Tyria. Maybe centaur land. We'll get 2 new strikes. The hook will be motorcycles and gw2 subreddit will cum themselves at charr car.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I would buy it for motorcycles TBH :v:

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

we have the unicycle already (beetle)

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I'm honestly just waiting for "and we added an open world legendary set" because you know that's coming.

Veev posted:

It is the most vague title possible. The Stuff of the Things.

I don't know how the people who made Path of Fire and Heart of Thorns and End of Dragons could do this.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Mailer posted:

I'm honestly just waiting for "and we added an open world legendary set" because you know that's coming.

I hope so. I don't want to grind multiple WvW or PvP sets, and I'm not a fan of raids. I don't even want the PvE skins, just the stat swapping.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

i finished my 1st raid set.

knocking out 10 LI a week or so it took a while.

Next set needs 300 LI......

Ring needs 150 LI

I still need the chest and legs for me WvW set, which i think i may never do. Its a job just to finish wood teir..

So i still need 1 full heavy set, and chest and legs for light.

Im not a fan of raids either, but it is really the easiest set to get.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

tbh even though it's probably the weakest so far the expansion name, as always, is really whatever. Nobody cares about expansion names after the intinal title drop and we all just abbreviate them anyway. they could call it Scrungly of Boingus and we'd all just call it SoB forever.

AmbientParadox posted:

It'll be more Cantha bullshit to justify the art asset costs from EoD, with maybe something from Core Tyria so they can re-use those assets. They had a year to develop Gyala Delves. Most of the enemies are re-skins with spooky demon particle effects. So I'm thinking it's 2-3 maps, with 2 in Cantha and 1 somewhere in Core Tyria. Maybe centaur land. We'll get 2 new strikes. The hook will be motorcycles and gw2 subreddit will cum themselves at charr car.

they should be re-using assets more often. It undoubtedly hurts the pace of new content coming out as well as overtly taxes the artists to keep introducing new everything, and properly done asset re-use is barely noticeable at all.

but yeah i'm expecting more cantha, not because of justifying the art costs or anything, but because it's almost certain the expansion was just re-worked plans for another living world season.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

gandlethorpe posted:

I hope so. I don't want to grind multiple WvW or PvP sets, and I'm not a fan of raids. I don't even want the PvE skins, just the stat swapping.

Mostly I fear that they'll introduce it, tie it to something like DE, and that'll still be too high of a hurdle for the general population so we'll get more toxic bullshit.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i expect nothing and i'll still be disappointed

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I just recently uninstalled the game after having it on my drives continuously from launch in 2012.

If they add Dominion or Wizard's tower I will be tempted to reinstall. But if it's gonna be even more Commander PTSD with canthan NPC 's then no thanks.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

TeaJay posted:

If they add Dominion or Wizard's tower I will be tempted to reinstall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2o83bCx8kk

lmao

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
What is wizards tower?

kooshkaboose
May 18, 2023

by Pragmatica
love me sky cities That Were Always There.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

This trailer actually had my jaw drop, and half of the reason was the date

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

AmbientParadox posted:

2 maps ~*~somewhere~*~
1 core tyria map
2 new strikes
1 new fractal
new skyscale path

I think it was Saraiguma who said they'd introduce a pve legendary armor set and sure enough, there's that.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

drat it *reinstalls*

Honestly, as someone who also played GW1 from 2005 or so, can I really skip Wizard's Tower no matter how much it would suck to actually see it for real and not just a mirage? Even if it's a fractal or something and not a playable map I gotta see it (please tell me it's a playable map)

PVE legendary armor does sound sweet, though. Never did enough PvP to get it from there and I never did any raiding in GW2 having burnt out in it a lot while playing LoTRO.

Although the release date clashes with Blasphemous 2 (just like EoD clashed with Elden Ring) so it'll give me time to see what it's about first.

tarbrush posted:

What is wizards tower?

It's a famous landmark all the way from the days of GW1, with no real purpose except some mild lore. I guess they decided to use it now.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wizard%27s_Tower

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jun 27, 2023

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
I think the wizard's tower is supposed to be a base of operations for the expansion or something.

Open world legendaries will no doubt be a horrific grind, as they all are, but it's nice that the more casual players have an option now.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Any details on the combat changes? It looks like there's a virtuoso with an axe, but nothing looks off about the asura next to him (sc/f elementalist?)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
as someone who did a lot of casual and high end raiding in ff14, gw2 somehow manages to miss both marks.

they're fun dungeons, but they're not something i'd want to do 10+ times or however many is needed for the legendary poo poo, i'd rather spend more time in drizzlewood or whatever. open world legendary is good news. hopefully the skin doesn't suck

otoh the primary reason i have for wanting it is because i'm running low on skin change charges so i guess it's not that important lol

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

Any details on the combat changes? It looks like there's a virtuoso with an axe, but nothing looks off about the asura next to him (sc/f elementalist?)

Elite spec weapons will be unlockable for the base class. I don't think there's any detail on how yet.

e: vvv actually looks like they'll just be unlocked

..btt fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 27, 2023

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender

gandlethorpe posted:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/combat-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=news&utm_campaign=rss

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

gandlethorpe posted:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/combat-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

Elite spec weapons without having to equip the traitline/spec itself, through "Weaponmaster Training" which they don't describe at all. Plus a few new skills to cover cases where mechanics are mutually exclusive.

Also, runes are going to just have stats and the special effects will be on a new "relic" slot so you can get cool effects without being tied to lovely stats.

Also they will be introducing new weapons without a full spec in a later patch:

Guardian: Pistol (main and off hand)
Revenant: Scepter (main hand)
Warrior: Staff
Engineer: Short bow
Ranger: Mace (main and off hand)
Thief: Axe (main hand)
Elementalist: Pistol (main hand)
Mesmer: Rifle
Necromancer: Sword (main and off hand)

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
I guess this is how they're attempting to refresh PvP without adding new elite specs

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Deformed Church posted:

Elementalist: Pistol (main hand)

:hellyeah:

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
is that zojja in the main art for the expansion announcement?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Runes being changed to just stat bonuses and having a new equipment slot for the old 6-piece bonus. I like.

Super hyped for the weapon stuff, but I hope it's more than just giving access to the normal skill bar. Some of those weapons are highly tied to the way their specs work. Like wtf are weaver hammer dual skills gonna look like?

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
They've said they're updating skills as required where they do spec-specific things. Also, there's going to be a beta of the initial weapon changes this weekend.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Well that is certainly an announcement when the doom and gloom was at it's height.

Also lol

TeaJay posted:

I just recently uninstalled the game after having it on my drives continuously from launch in 2012.

If they add Dominion or Wizard's tower I will be tempted to reinstall. But if it's gonna be even more Commander PTSD with canthan NPC 's then no thanks.

and lmao

TeaJay posted:

drat it *reinstalls*

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

They'll still gently caress it up and make it a melee weapon somehow

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Idk bruv, riding around on a dinosaur dressed up like a luchador while drunk and only stopping to pistol whip asura could keep me entertained for a while.

What a game!

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
holy poo poo the asura rear end really did predict the wizard tower :O

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Being able to use short bow as a ranged option for all my Rev specs will be great. I've always hated hammer and bow feels soooo much better.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

kooshkaboose posted:

love me sky cities That Were Always There.

I can't wait for the Tears of the Kingdom comparisons.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Was not expecting them to be launching it this soon :stare: even the most optimistic streamers were thinking November or so.

quote:

As you complete objectives you’ll earn Astral Acclaim, a new account-wide currency, which can be exchanged for rewards of your choosing, such as new weapons and armor skins, a small selection of items previously exclusive to the gem store, crafting materials, gold, mystic coins, legendary crafting starter kits, and more. Those rewards will refresh on a quarterly basis—but fear not! As new items cycle in, any Wizard’s Vault–exclusive rewards will simply move into a legacy section of the vault, where they’ll remain available for the same type of currency indefinitely. Our goal is for Wizard’s Vault rewards are meant to be attainable through regular, normal play; there are no paid upgrades or progression skips, and the legacy section exists to take the time pressure off and allow players to catch up if they take a break.

A battle pass that does not suck/is not p2w. Pretty cool.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Humerus posted:

They'll still gently caress it up and make it a melee weapon somehow

In order to provide a simpler elementalist experience, every skill is pistol whip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cZqRzHnI8s