Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Here's three magic words: stop singing that

"You should buy the kind that isn't full of maggots and disease
And the butcher hasn't rubbed it on his chest."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Mister Kingdom posted:

Here's three magic words: stop singing that

"You should buy the kind that isn't full of maggots and disease
And the butcher hasn't rubbed it on his chest."

PORK RULES!!! :rock:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I'm still sad that Weird Al would not sign my poster with "Quality, Freshness, Flavor" last year, but seeing his utter confusion and then the moment where he realized what I was talking about was worth it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I'm still sad that Weird Al would not sign my poster with "Quality, Freshness, Flavor" last year, but seeing his utter confusion and then the moment where he realized what I was talking about was worth it.

I was startled at his vehemence during the Xmas shorts live show. How much of that was an act? But he did a little ditty during the birthday message at the Return of Swamp Thing live show, so hopefully they're all buddies?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

I brought my Drake posted:

I was startled at his vehemence during the Xmas shorts live show. How much of that was an act? But he did a little ditty during the birthday message at the Return of Swamp Thing live show, so hopefully they're all buddies?

Oh yeah it was all an act. He's the nicest human being on the planet and is pretty good friends with the guys (hence why they use his music during the slideshows before the live shows).

When was the last time they brought in a celebrity guest riffer?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Didn't Mike do a Just the Jokes with Al on Jurassic Park? That was a long time ago, but I also don't think there's any beef. Imagine beefing with Al. Or RiffTrax for that matter.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Not Rifftrax-related, but Tim and Eric had him on their Adult Swim show (as "Uncle Muscles") a whole bunch, and they agreed that he was just an absolute sweetheart to work with and be around.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Dawgstar posted:

Didn't Mike do a Just the Jokes with Al on Jurassic Park? That was a long time ago, but I also don't think there's any beef. Imagine beefing with Al. Or RiffTrax for that matter.

Yup, the original Jurassic Park which I think predated the xmas live show. It was back in the era where it was just Mike + random celebrity: Joel McHale for Red Dawn, Richard Cheese for Ocean's Eleven, NPH for Willy Wonka.......Lowtax for Troll 2 :barf:

I think they just stopped bringing in random celebrities and that's the only reason he hasn't done more.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Yup, the original Jurassic Park which I think predated the xmas live show. It was back in the era where it was just Mike + random celebrity: Joel McHale for Red Dawn, Richard Cheese for Ocean's Eleven, NPH for Willy Wonka.......Lowtax for Troll 2 :barf:

To their credit they took off the Troll 2 riff from the Twitch channel, but every now and then you get people complaining about Troll 2 not being shown anymore but I'd rather not have it on.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Dawgstar posted:

To their credit they took off the Troll 2 riff from the Twitch channel, but every now and then you get people complaining about Troll 2 not being shown anymore but I'd rather not have it on.

I hope they redo it at some point.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
The celeb stuff was in the early period where it wasn't an automatic given that Bill and Kevin were in Rifftrax.

I remember buying the riff for Star Trek V and being thrilled that Kevin was joining him! And then once they did one with all three together, it was unbelievable.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I remember buying the riff for the Ben Affleck Daredevil movie and turning it off because the movie was unwatchable.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I'm shocked they haven't done it with Bill and Kevin yet. Lowtax objectively loving sucked as a riffer and I thought that even before the :yikeseroo:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

BaronVonVaderham posted:

They very well might. The original Road House was just Mike (and solo riff stuff is always weird) but they re-did it with all three.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Dawgstar posted:

They very well might. The original Road House was just Mike (and solo riff stuff is always weird) but they re-did it with all three.

I would have to go back and check, but I believe all of Mike's lines were exactly the same.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Mister Kingdom posted:

I would have to go back and check, but I believe all of Mike's lines were exactly the same.

Yeah I was thinking more like Space Mutiny where they took a completely fresh pass at it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/TheThomason/status/1672334818242342912
I do have to wonder if someone at Rifftrax is mining Best of the Worst episodes because this isn't the first time they've gotten one that was featured on an episode.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

I do have to wonder if someone at Rifftrax is mining Best of the Worst episodes because this isn't the first time they've gotten one that was featured on an episode.

Feels like they go back and forth. Also like one of the commenters I, too, am surprised it's not a Bill Rebane enterprise.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

They're both pulling from the same source. There's a couple of distributors converting old schlock to bluray/digital. BotW is buying the blurays and Rifftrax is taking advantage of new, clear ownership to get digital distribution rights from.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Also Red Letter Media suck and Rifftrax does not.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Googling a bad movie and knowing about doesn't give you exclusive dibs, everyone can find bad movies and talk about them

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tars Tarkas posted:

Googling a bad movie and knowing about doesn't give you exclusive dibs, everyone can find bad movies and talk about them

Case in point: I saw Bog long before those fat pantloads at RLM even thought about their first monkeycheese joke about murdering women.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

:hmmyes:

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Did they milkshake duck themselves or something because I kinda like both

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Quicksilver6 posted:

As far as I know, no, it's just goons being goons and hating on a thing once it becomes popular.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Quicksilver6 posted:

They just suck. They've always sucked.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

They just suck. They've always sucked.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:ok:

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Prequel liker detected

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Quicksilver6 posted:

Prequel liker detected

Or, as Mike would say, pre-kwell

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

My only real interaction with RLM comes from people citing them as gospel which whatever and some RLM fans getting really pissy if you ask if the midwestern guys who make fun of bad movies like the previous generation of midwestern guys who make fun of bad movies which is a logical question as they even live in the same state.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Quicksilver6 posted:

It's kind of funny to use that term since the review that made them popular is just a wee bit racist.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Dawgstar posted:

My only real interaction with RLM comes from people citing them as gospel which whatever and some RLM fans getting really pissy if you ask if the midwestern guys who make fun of bad movies like the previous generation of midwestern guys who make fun of bad movies which is a logical question as they even live in the same state.

I don't think they're in the same state, but definitely in the same region (RLM is in Wisconsin, the bulk of the MST3K/Rifftrax guys are or were in Minnesota IIRC).

They also do completely different things (RLM does movie reviews, while MST3K/RT riffs on the movies as they're watching them). About the only thing they have in common is "Midwesterners watching movies", so it's really comparing apples to oranges.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
I just love how savage the guys are to Obadiah Stane in the Iron Man riff. I wish they would riff IM 2 and every other MCU movie.

AvesPKS fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 13, 2023

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Scored this at a flea market today :D

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ooh, a Charlie Chan movie?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I read that Charlie Chan was specifically created to counter the awful Yellow Menace poo poo on popular media, which is good.
Pity they had to make it like this though.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Trace and Frank's YouTube channel is having a Mads Are Back 24/7 Marathon before their third anniversary on Wednesday.

https://www.youtube.com/live/7GuNgrP4_X4

Fezz fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jul 10, 2023

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And Manos is currently on!

The Master approves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
The newest short is "The Tale of Baby Moose." It is identical to "The Tale of Moose Baby" except someone redubbed it so that the title animal is called Baby Moose instead of Moose Baby.

https://www.rifftrax.com/the-tale-of-baby-moose