Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Note: Jerrek died on the way back to his home forest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Randalor posted:

Oh god, if Lana is a dead goose scenario, does this mean Ysengrin is going to burst out of her mouth now?

Other Annie is going to burst out of Annie's mouth, Omega is going to burst out of Kat's mouth, and Boxbot is going to burst out of Robot's mouth.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
If Other Annie somehow shows up again I will be very pleased.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Splicer posted:

Oh my god I just realised we're supposed to be sad about this

I refuse to agree with this.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

ymgve posted:

"You think you can stop Loup? Hah! I killed Loup 35 pages ago!" *turns into Coyote*

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A URL INTO THE ADDRESS BAR. ITS GUNNERKRIGG COURT AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE LAUGHS ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, COYOTE. I DO EVERY LAUGH AND I DO EVERY LAUGH HARD.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Hell yes lovable trickster god.

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020
So I went back to reread Loup's origin chapters out of curiousity, and stumbled upon something.

When Annie is allowed to speak to the remnants of Ysengrin in that first conversation with Loup, Ysengrin claims he wasn't originally just going to go apeshit on the Court, and that he only did that because he saw what the Court was up to and that it was going to take Annie somewhere "far far away."

And, like, now that obviously refers to the Court's scheme to go to space but I'm just like... They aren't going to take her and never were. I would have assumed this means there is more going on in the past, but now I feel like that's just it. Did Ysengrin just freak out because he didn't realize the Court's plan was actually much less interesting and controversial than he thought it was?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Anthony and Llanwellyn were also under the impression that their children were going to benefit from "the program", so it seems to have been a widespread belief amongst very stupid and gullible dads.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
At this point it may also just be possible that Tom changed his mind on the specifics.

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020

Rand Brittain posted:

Anthony and Llanwellyn were also under the impression that their children were going to benefit from "the program", so it seems to have been a widespread belief amongst very stupid and gullible dads.

Yeah that's another thing I was wondering about, since Anthony seemed really worried about Annie being kicked out of the program. If he just meant school I guess I could see him not wanting her to be expelled, but the gravitas of his reaction makes it seem like it must have been the space program he was thinking about.

Too bad Tony stopped existing just before this revelation came about so we haven't seen a shred of his reaction to the fact that Annie, and everyone else he cares about, are being denied by default. If I was feeling more confident in the direction of the story I'd assume that must mean Tony is doing something in the background related to all of this but I'm not sure.

Honestly like I don't even mind the Loup plot in comparison to this whole Court anticlimax. The Court plot just turned into such a huge nothing burger it still startles me sometimes.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Riot Bus posted:

Too bad Tony stopped existing just before this revelation came about

Tony was the person in the memory-repelling suit, but everyone forgot not just who was talking to them at the time, but retroactively about his entire existence.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013

Ditocoaf posted:

Tony was the person in the memory-repelling suit, but everyone forgot not just who was talking to them at the time, but retroactively about his entire existence.

I just went to check and they really don't mention Tony at all after that flashback scene with the lake person...

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020

Ditocoaf posted:

isasphere posted:

I just went to check and they really don't mention Tony at all after that flashback scene with the lake person...

If this is actually related I will give Tom an approving nod of recognition. I wouldn't put it past Tony to assume he was doing Annie a favor by disappearing from her memories, either.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
All the characters forgot how to act like real people because the adults who raised them and taught them how have been erased from their memories, taking those experiences with them. Tom is actually doing a clever bit about how are memories are what make us ourselves. Also, copium now comes in cherry flavor.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Coyote shows up for 2 seconds and the comic is already elevated. Thank you Coyote.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Coyote breaking in on the chapter epilogue is a good bit. Thank you, Coyote, for being you.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Two good pages someone set the counter

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

:allears:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
the first page of the next chapter is going to be annie walking to the forest with someone talking about how wild the last 3 months of "coyote fixing all the stuff loup hosed up" have been

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
So Coyote's on Court territory, does that mean something? I've forgotten a lot of stuff to be honest

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the court doesn't even mean anything

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

the first page of the next chapter is going to be annie walking to the forest with someone talking about how wild the last 3 months of "coyote fixing all the stuff loup hosed up" have been

Annie: It's wild how coyote showed up and did all those crazy things and then disappeared from everyone's memories forever!
Kat: Who?
Annie: What?
~chapter end symbol~

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
normally a smugly omnipotent villain who anticipates every twist in advance would be obnoxious but coyote always makes the reader feel like they're in on the joke

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Fragrag posted:

So Coyote's on Court territory, does that mean something? I've forgotten a lot of stuff to be honest

I was considering that. But I think the deal was that he wouldn't cross the river. Loup took care of that barrier.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm actually gonna be really disappointed if the next chapter isn't actually named "Coyote knew this would happen"

Harvey Birdman
Oct 21, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I'm actually gonna be really disappointed if the next chapter isn't actually named "Coyote knew this would happen"

Same, this is absolutely the spot for a Portal-type "The Part Where He Kills You" joke. please let this landddd

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Coyote? Ugly.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

normally a smugly omnipotent villain who anticipates every twist in advance would be obnoxious but coyote always makes the reader feel like they're in on the joke

Yeah, he is all-powerful, but he never feels superior. He's down in the muck with us, wallowing around and enjoying the gently caress of out everything.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So next chapter is when Lana grabs the knife and stabs Coyote for taking her Jerrek?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Randalor posted:

So next chapter is when Lana grabs the knife and stabs Coyote for taking her Jerrek?

Coyote would probably think this was hilarious. A wonderful jape.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Coyote is actually the protagonist. His design and perfect.

Astribulus
Apr 20, 2004
That's the second largest duck I've ever had in my pants. - Guybrush Threepwood
I hate to rain on everyone's celebration, but this will be Coyote's last appearance ever If he wasn't lying 300 strips ago.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Astribulus posted:

I hate to rain on everyone's celebration, but this will be Coyote's last appearance ever If he wasn't lying 300 strips ago.

Technically what he said is that he would see her one last time. He can go blind, or she can be invisible, or he can show up in front of other people all he wants.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

christmas boots posted:

Technically what he said is that he would see her one last time. He can go blind, or she can be invisible, or he can show up in front of other people all he wants.
Or he could never leave her sight until she dies.

Though if coyote leaves but takes loup and jerrik with him it will be worth it.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Coyote gonna make sure Annie never blinks or sleeps for the entire rest of her life

Alternatively, "Look, Fire Head Girl, I'm your eyelids now!"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

death
death
deaTH
DEATH
DEATH

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

this comic was bad, but now it's good! FOREVER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

you'll all be back on this side of the line again soon enough