Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

cant cook creole bream posted:

Honestly that seems boring but likely. I don't think the guy can take on the country, but he may go down in a blaze of glory.

That and the purges that will follow is going to be doing wonders for the overall morale if even 10% of the stuff mentioned everywhere is something else than rumors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

https://twitter.com/JimLaPorta/status/1672377846524772353

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

TulliusCicero posted:

Ukraine is assaulting Bakhmut hard right now according to NOEL reports

Multiple streets taken, prisoners etc.

If they are Wagner, give them a gun and a magazine and send them east.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Mnoba posted:

If poo poo does get crazy, what are some good humanitarian orgs in Russia to donate to that help displaced people and such?

unless things go full Cool Zone you dont need to worry about that

donate to people in Kherson

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Should judge what's happening by what you see Russia doing. Holding midnight emergency broadcasts about Prigozhin, disabling internet access, mobilizing military units in moscow to lock down streets, and issuing arrest notices along with the two seniormost generals in your army recording a message with weapons in hand telling the mercenary leader to stop moving troops, idk

could all just be a big show, like all these troops gathered on the ukrainian border. surely there wont be an invasion

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

Who is this guy and Why should I care?

Feel free to disagree with him, that's fine. Posting geolocated footage of that supposed 50 km Wagner column would be a great way to prove him wrong.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen
https://twitter.com/KofmanMichael/status/1672378178826825728?t=LNy2OFHhX0Vh5kkZefbpdg&s=19

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mnoba posted:

If poo poo does get crazy, what are some good humanitarian orgs in Russia to donate to that help displaced people and such?

I'm pretty sure all humanitarian orgs in Russia have been banned. So.. Yeah. no.

Also i would not donate to Russia right now regardless. Not until they are out of Ukraine at the very least. That is just me though.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
gonna be a massive, gigantic LOL if prigozhin goes and does his big move and it ends up like jan 6, including tazing himself in the balls

in the bakhmut direction:

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1672378048962854920?s=20

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I gotta be honest I'm actually loving terrified. What is even the best case scenario here.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

khwarezm posted:

I gotta be honest I'm actually loving terrified. What is even the best case scenario here.

best case is putin gets couped and whoever takes over ends the war but lol realistically putin maintains status quo and prigozhin gets to find out what its like to take a long walk off a short pier

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1672378336922722304?s=20

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1672378999006265345?s=20

https://twitter.com/KyivPost/status/1672378552430350336?s=20

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1672380120621801472?s=20

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thomas A. Swift's Electric Russian

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

khwarezm posted:

Chaos while Ukraine takes its territory back. If this over during the weekend, I assume the war resumes. If the infighting prolongs, I don't see how Russia can keep operating any military in Ukraine while this is going on.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

khwarezm posted:

Best case is the Russian authorities forget about Willo who finally saves his balls from another nuclear pummeling.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1672379958314901504?s=20

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1672380672852328449?s=20

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Ape Fist posted:

In this new Russia v. Russia conflict, my money is on Russia.

Whoever wins
Russia loses

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

khwarezm posted:

Russian government semi-implodes but manages to stay afloat enough to call off troops from Ukraine to start purging their own ranks from people who joined Prig or refused to take part.

Even if Wagner actually has any presence behind the lines, and the professional troops refuse to fight, and there are number of army bases having severe smoking-related damage they really cannot pull off a coup unless Rosvgardia decides to back up Prig instead of Shoigu, and to that extent Putin's orders.

And Ukrainian army just walks back to the 1994 borders.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
hell, same

kinda feel bad that clancy isnt around for this tbh.

https://twitter.com/Aviation_Intel/status/1672369589852991488?s=20

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

I wonder if prigozhin is regretting stacking his army with rapists and murderers who have zero allegiance outside of being out of prison.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

So..

<Something happend that is unkwown to us>
The Russian army bombed some Wagner campments
Wagner boss will be arrested
Wagner boss respond doing some militar action against the governement, but they don't look like will suceed.

Anyone can suggest similar events in history, and how they ended?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Wagner is just preparing to mobilize? There are already APCs on the streets of Moscow. This coup is poo poo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Best case, Russia realizes the error of its ways and rededicates itself to the improvement of all mankind and ushering in a glorious, better future and the realistic case is about as far from there as I am from the andromeda galaxy

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

khwarezm posted:

IMO, best case scenario is Wagner is suppressed but does enough damage to force Putin to pull back from Ukraine. I doubt that this scenario is actually possible to be honest, I expect Wagner is gonna get flattened. At the very least we'll have less nazis in the world, so net benefit.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

pro starcraft loser posted:

I wonder if prigozhin is regretting stacking his army with rapists and murderers who have zero allegiance outside of being out of prison.

To be honest, the regular Russian army consists of rapists and murderers as well

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

HonorableTB posted:

best case is putin gets couped and whoever takes over ends the war but lol realistically putin maintains status quo and prigozhin gets to find out what its like to take a long walk off a short pier

Honestly the best case scenario is a long, drawn out civil conflict that ties up a bunch of resources but ultimately fails, since Prigozhin is actually worse than Putin in many ways, after which Russia is on a real backfoot because Ukraine capitalised on the chaos.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Worse case is posters popping in concerned about nuclear holocaust but I say to them now, "Don't worry!" to prevent this.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1672381458072104960?s=20

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Wagner just issued a statement saying they will be entering Rostov and demanding forces there to surrender.

Let's see if things pop off. Russia flew in special forces into Rostov earlier.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Rostov is basically the main staging area for the current Russian operation in Ukraine. If there’s any chaos there resulting from Wagner going at it with the local military, the supply trains into occupied Ukraine are going to be seriously impacted.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gonna threaten to nuke moscow to save moscow

zone
Dec 6, 2016

ryde posted:

IMO, best case scenario is Wagner is suppressed but does enough damage to force Putin to pull back from Ukraine. I doubt that this scenario is actually possible to be honest, I expect Wagner is gonna get flattened. At the very least we'll have less nazis in the world, so net benefit.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

I don't see how any amount of a donation to help Russian civilians will actually get to them in this environment. Even if the org isn't corrupt/fake/co-opted at the core, there are many hands between your money and people who need help and I can't imagine that all of them are going to do the right thing and pass that money along.

Gejnor posted:

I'm pretty sure all humanitarian orgs in Russia have been banned. So.. Yeah. no.

Also this.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

khwarezm posted:

Can I ask what is troubling you so?

Phlegmish posted:

To be honest, the regular Russian army consists of rapists and murderers as well

Well NOW they are, but Wager was recruiting from people who weren't on the front in a barbaric invasion.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Feel like this is a "pics or it didn't happen" scenario.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
We need links to some Rostov live webcams

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Just told my 10yo daughter about #Prigozhin. She had tears in her eyes. And then she did the Wakanda pose and said "#Wagnerkanda forever" -- which is the sort of pop culture cross-over that I can celebrate.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

What’s the relation between that bold guy with nazi regalia inked on his body, who I remember was described as Wagner’s founder, and Prig? What happened to that guy anyhow?

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

khwarezm posted:

Putin uses Prigozhin and Wagner to take out Shoigu and blames him for the misinformation leading to the invasion of Ukraine and sues for peace. That's my hope anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Barudak posted:

Gonna threaten to nuke moscow to save moscow

Gotta nuke somethin'.

Best case scenario: Wagner Federation. Wussia.