Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Barudak posted:

All my collaborators are just out of frame, transitioning power with me too

lol

At least Prigozhin's suicide is getting us some good one-liners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

putin dead yet?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Prigozin needs to post pictures or shut up.

William Bear fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 24, 2023

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Not sure what two streets in Rostov are proving. Pissgoblin said they just entered Russian territory so they could be like 100km away.

the popes toes posted:

Yes Sir, no one knows what is happening inside Russia but we're monitoring it closely. Yes Sir. Well, mostly Twitter and Telegram.
Unfortunately there's no other source of information available to the CIA.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

EasilyConfused posted:

lol

Hopefully gets some opportunities for Ukrainian army as well. The russians must be disorganized right now (more than usual), perfect for a strike or two.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Volguus posted:

Hopefully gets some opportunities for Ukrainian army as well. The russians must be disorganized right now (more than usual), perfect for a strike or two.

Apparently they are taking the opportunity to clean up Bakhmut.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/revishvilig/status/1672386862298677250
This doesn't quite square with the FSB opening criminal proceedings against Pigozhin, somehow

the other hand
Dec 14, 2003

43rd Heavy Artillery Brigade
"Ultima Ratio Liberalium"
Prigozhin is going to come out of this as President and I will lol.

Actual content: Rostov is a big logistics hub, right? Regardless of how this all goes, it’s going to seriously gently caress up Russian supply lines.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Its pretty insane that Putin nabbing Crimea with next to no downsides set in motion a chain of events that led to a Kornilov affair sequel after 10s of thousands have died.

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jun 24, 2023

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

EasilyConfused posted:

lol

I used to be a mercenary like you, but then I took a sledgehammer to the head

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CIA goons sweating tonight because Russians will apparently do their job of attempting a coup with no local support for free.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

zone posted:

This doesn't quite square with the FSB opening criminal proceedings against Pigozhin, somehow

:lol:

If this really is a Ukranian psyop my God it's masterful

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tank enjoyers about to be like

https://im5.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-5-136d410f8b.mp4

just replace the CLG shirt with Russia and the Cloud 9 shirt with Ukraine

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Something's happening going out of Rostov to the north,

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

zone posted:

What is ASTRA? Google doesn't seem to come up with anything relevant.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1672390810455756801
So this happened.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I figure for all the no one's loyal questions, is anyone really loyal to anyone over there? I feel like all you'd have to say is you'll get a cut of the dacha cash and you'd have warboys lining up to go hit the fury road.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Doccers posted:

Something's happening going out of Rostov to the north,

I love how literally no one even in the MIC community knows what the gently caress is actually going on, because Russia just loving lies that much.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Sir John Falstaff posted:

What is ASTRA? Google doesn't seem to come up with anything relevant.

https://t.me/s/astrapress
Russian independent journalists, this is their telegram channel

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I think prigohzin has dirt on Hillary.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

TulliusCicero posted:

I love how literally no one even in the MIC community knows what the gently caress is actually going on, because Russia just loving lies that much.

Seems like a great way to lose a war

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

I figure for all the no one's loyal questions, is anyone really loyal to anyone over there? I feel like all you'd have to say is you'll get a cut of the dacha cash and you'd have warboys lining up to go hit the fury road.

There are a few cases, like Shoigu to Putin, because Shoigu owes him pretty much everything and he's also basically his only friend. But in most cases they're loyal only to money and their own interests.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

There has been several videos and images from tonight in Rostov and Moscow about moving OMON and Rosvgardia gear into the city, some random twitter showing an empty intersection doesn't mean that something is going on.

And that Rostov road blocked towards north has been growing the entire night, something is definitely happening there.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Der Kyhe posted:

There has been several videos and images from tonight in Rostov and Moscow about moving OMON and Rosvgardia gear into the city, some random twitter showing an empty intersection doesn't mean that something is going on.

Russia is on high alert in both cities, and there are many sources for this (including Russian ones). But what we don't have any evidence of is Wagner actually moving/doing anything, beyond Prigozhin's claims.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1672387634813980673

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Don't look at me

DON'T LOOK AT MEEEEE!

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

quick and dirty original

Tankish discords and twitter suddenly like

Buml0r
Sep 15, 2003

WIGGLE HE
Hi, er, I've been offline all day and out with pals all night, so I'm just now at 1am finding out Something Has Gone Stroke Is Going Down. What um... what page do you recommend I skip back to?? Er

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Faytuks/status/1672394018477465600
And here goes.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:fuckoff:

gently caress me even in a coup shelling civilians is "top priority"

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Air defense worked in Dnipro. Explosions heard in Cherkasy.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

TulliusCicero posted:

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1672388055590731777

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

zone posted:

https://t.me/s/astrapress
Russian independent journalists, this is their telegram channel

Thanks, looks like this is the source:

"ASTRA sources" seems extremely vague, but I suppose it would be difficult to get someone on record about something like that. Still seems like it's probably bullshit to me, but who knows, I guess.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

TulliusCicero posted:

Could just be a "everything is normal we promise" move.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

If Ukraine is doing some masterstroke Wagner/ AI generated coup, then just lmao

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

TulliusCicero posted:

The Russian army seems to have a fantastically dysfunctional command structure, as we are now seeing two generals having a private showdown, so these were probably just ordered to happen: The troops doing that are so far that they really don't care how things are going in Rostov or somewhere else, they are just doing what's told or else.

This isn't actually just Russia's thing: Keep in mind that in Catch-22 the bombing squadron got a commendation for missing their target because they weren't told that the town they were supposed to bomb was already taken by allied troops. The book is a work of fiction, but that book and Apocalypse: Now are generally considered to be fairly accurate depictions of the wars they are written to happen in.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

TulliusCicero posted:

If Ukraine is doing some masterstroke Wagner/ AI generated coup, then just lmao

Seriously. This is all just so... so :suspense:

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Sir John Falstaff posted:

Thanks, looks like this is the source:

"ASTRA sources" seems extremely vague, but I suppose it would be difficult to get someone on record about something like that. Still seems like it's probably bullshit to me, but who knows, I guess.

So basically this means that A) this coup thing didn't happen, but an army corps sized unit was just allowed to leave the front because the general is having a hissy fit or B) this is bullshit on top of bullshit on top of bullshit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
If things actually get hot in Russia, is there any prospect that the Ukrainians could leverage this? Like their offensive is still ongoing right?