Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the trajectory the Twitter ads are taking honestly feels like a very good slow-burn comedy bit that Tim Heidecker would write. like you have the A-plot fascism stuff in the foreground and the B-plot collapse of twitter’s functionality and then as a running joke in the background ads just get weirder and weirder

My Big Cups
Rats off to ya! T shirts
Taargus Taargus Commercial Fishing Boat Registration Services

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuek
May 8, 2007

Panfilo posted:

:same:

Pre Musk it was less echo chamber-y so when some chud posted something you'd see a bunch of leftists chime in and get some dunks in, and many more back and forth slapfights. Right wingers were quicker to block you or loudly whine about cancel culture if you posted some zinger in their threads.

Now, it's more one sided as a lot of the witty leftists moved on but also chuds now almost never block people, perhaps banking on simply getting them banned. The progressively weirder ads make the whole place feel like kind of a hillbilly swap meet where you go mainly to gawk at people and eavesdrop on their inane conversations.

Also the blue check boosting you to the top of replies really ruined it, people purchasing blue checks are ideologically motivated to do so, so you see a sea of the worst takes under every post, rather than the best/funniest replies surfacing organically through likes

red19fire
May 26, 2010

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the trajectory the Twitter ads are taking honestly feels like a very good slow-burn comedy bit that Tim Heidecker would write. like you have the A-plot fascism stuff in the foreground and the B-plot collapse of twitter’s functionality and then as a running joke in the background ads just get weirder and weirder

The Subm’arsible by Cinco Brand

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

you are all ADDICTS and make me SI
CK

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
posting on the nazi site ironically

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i'm getting ads for blatantly illegal poo poo that you'd only need if you were planning to mug or rob people.

Tuek
May 8, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

i'm getting ads for blatantly illegal poo poo that you'd only need if you were planning to mug or rob people.

The bots auto responding to the N word to sell you a Glock seems like a bit but it was happening

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

ozmunkeh posted:

posting on the nazi site ironically

if I was worried about the demographics of the websites I post on I would have killed my account here a long time ago. the only time I worry about reading twitter is when I get ads from big services like Disney+, and I haven't seen them in a minute. lets the other idiots piss away their advertising budget.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1672386270302011393

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Lol

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
some weird brags in there

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Consummate Professional posted:

some weird brags in there

Accurate

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol using twitter much? :grin:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/PossumEveryHour/status/1672396590504374272?t=unl92T_CmBzv1zSIs74kdA&s=19

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
150 iq retard strength

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
There's no way Elon doesn't back out of this with some sort of bitchmade excuse while failing to be funny

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

https://twitter.com/LeviFunk_/status/1672024137341063168

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
my"for you" tab is now exclusively babies and small children getting injured. this is a disturbing development.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
Hahaha look at these idiots putting bolts on by hand!! Surely the company that eschewed all safety standards and uses a $15 wireless gamepad to direct their sea coffin would have a machine and very detailed levels of torque when they're locking in the shark bait

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

still kinda lolling that billionaires have so much trust in the society they constantly work to undermine that they were willing to be bolted into a metal coffin by their lessers

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

finally something i agree with musk on he's retarded

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

Hahaha look at these idiots putting bolts on by hand!! Surely the company that eschewed all safety standards and uses a $15 wireless gamepad to direct their sea coffin would have a machine and very detailed levels of torque when they're locking in the shark bait

mad?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Do I want to know what r word strength is?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

WrasslorMonkey posted:

basically the premise of The Waterboy

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

paul di resta talks about it a lot on sky f1

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I knew the answer was gonna be "no"

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I got a temporary ban on Twitter for calling boebert white trash. This is fun, Twitter is fun.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Field Mousepad posted:

I got a temporary ban on Twitter for calling boebert white trash. This is fun, Twitter is fun.

this can't be right. Elon is protecting free speech on Twitter. You must've done something else to trigger the ban.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Does anybody have an elon spore creature saved they'd be willing to share?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

im sure the colors in this tweet are a coincidence

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!
i hope elon is training for the big fight right now

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

tenderjerk posted:

i hope elon is training for the big fight right now

If you mean frantically Googling "John Mcafee magic speed poop sex drug" then yes probably

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
My dearest Peter,

I have recently become engaged in a situation that may see me arriving to fisticuffs with another of the post-humans, that android ZuckerBOT (get it hahahahaha). I was wondering if you would share with me some of your vitality potion? The one you extract from young white males.

Please respond quickly for my very life may be in danger!

Your Glorious Friend,

Elon Muck, King of Mars

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

WrasslorMonkey posted:

in d&d terms think of when int / wis are ur dump stats in favor of high str / con

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

blatman posted:

in d&d terms think of when int / wis are ur dump stats in favor of high str / con

Put it in Savage Worlds terms.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Put it in Savage Worlds terms.

im incapable of further refinements to the joke because int / wis were my dump stats in favor of high str / con

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

blatman posted:

im incapable of further refinements to the joke because int / wis were my dump stats in favor of high str / con

Musk has really low charisma, so that's even more points to put into strength and dexterity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
allow me to explain to the internet how great i am at potentially fighting