Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Kyrosiris posted:

absolutely cannot wait for couch co-op VS with the wife

Bounty of One (if you pc couch coop) has it if you want a vs like with coop while we wait 2 months :)

Really wish more of these games had it, or pc games in general. Usually get shafted on the coop, so glad VS will have it on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Harminoff posted:

Bounty of One (if you pc couch coop) has it if you want a vs like with coop while we wait 2 months :)

Really wish more of these games had it, or pc games in general. Usually get shafted on the coop, so glad VS will have it on PC.

Eh, with the way our PCs are arranged it's not really viable for PC, but it's easy to throw the switch onto the TV and have a time.

That said, I agree, it's good that PC is getting it too, and that they call out Steam Remote Play Together as a workable option too!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
:clint: Still got it.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Harminoff posted:

Vampire Survivors Switch has 4 player coop!

*Please come to PC!!!
They mentioned in Twitter replies that couch co-op will be added to all other platforms on the day the Switch port comes out. Yes, even mobile.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Horde Hunters had a decently weighty Game Flow & Such update:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2178560/view/3684554265875374796

quote:

Hello. This update took a bit longer than usual due to a couple of reasons. Firstly, I took some time off and went on a holiday. Secondly, because there's significant changes made to the game's progression loop which required a lot more testing than usual. The biggest thing you'll notice is that the level up system has been renewed together with new mission rewards to choose from. There's no more blacksmith and in general the flow of the game should feel a lot more fluid. It's almost a whole new experience and I hope you like it!

General
New mission/structure: Black Obelisk - Each one will increase new enemy health by 25%
New structure: Sacrificial Pool - Sacrifice 90% of your health for a reward
Leveling up is faster and the reward system has been renewed
Blacksmith has been removed
Portal consumable now lets you choose any place on the map to jump to
Frequent Buyer Card now gives 15% discount on all weapon upgrades
Charisma stat gives more discounts and better party member hire prices
Missions let you choose a reward after successful completion
Missions won't immediately end when going outside the mission area. Instead, you have 3 seconds to return back to the area
Fire missions will have at least a minimum of 3 water to collect
Total number of active missions are visible on the event log
Elites have a larger icon and the name "Elite" on them for better visibility
Elites will push player away if being in close proximity for too long (to prevent kiting)
Elite "healer" can increase enemy health beyond the previous maximum
Church initial prices are lower but increase every time a service is used
Tower default radius is bigger
Bandit Camp and Library will go on cooldown when leaving the area
Bandit Camp enemy gold worth increased from 10% to 25%
Ranger's Bow starts with 1 piercing, default range increased and range is no longer an upgrade
Warrior's Sword 100% bonus damage changed from 2 to 1
Stun damage upgrade changed from 0.4 to 0.3
Bank max funds changed from 50k to 25k
In-game Character page shows ability information as well
New message above player if trying to use ability when it's blocked by elite
New players receive 10 skulls after their first run. The old system of rewarding skulls for playtime has been removed
Added leaderboard flags for Taiwan, France, Ukraine, Canada, South Africa, Venezuela and Malaysia

Bugs
Enemy portals did not always sync properly in the event log timer
Enemy Portals were not counted towards endless total score
Elites tend to get stuck on towers often
Several calculation issues when game runs over 60 minutes
Game crash on leaderboard if browsing to a map without a user score in it

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Doomykins posted:

:clint: Still got it.

What the--

What's your build??

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

On my first try I went for Big Wizard and made a misplay into a light overwhelm after using a monument, quick death.

Second time I got Bottle Fairy, rushed knights into hero souls into paladins/champions and got two Lords of the Land up by 40k score with a lvl 3 flagbearer and then it was just good dodging baybee. Also didnt use any monuments though they never go away. My other minions didn't matter much by the time I got them. Lvl 2 archer, got a fanatic to try to add more aoe and he got to level 3, picked a pumpkin that got a random upgrade into a big potussy. Producing Lords is incredibly costly. Outside the fairy my relics weren't spectacular, not even offered any dash boosts, got skelly key around 70k.

I did end up with 450+ max HP from an early "40 bones improve max HP", though I don't think I got that many bones that fast. Maybe they updated Dollmaker passives to grant max HP for Lords.

Nothing matters more for Necrotic longevity than timing regular dashes.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Playing on day 1 of the Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor playtest there was the occasional reminder that you could press F1 at any time to give feedback.
The day 2 hotfix noted: "Removed in-game feedback tool as we are completely overwhelmed. Please use Discord feature request and bug report forums"
lmao

I hope not a whole lot of that early feedback is that the game spawns enemies too fast tho. It is definitely a thing early on, where often you end up digging into the walls just to escape the swarm or to funnel them into a situation so you can chip away at the horde and earn some XP. But the meta-progression system (upgrades and items unlocked by meeting certain milestones) really do make a difference after a while, in addition to you just being becoming more experienced at the game. It took me about 6 hours total to defeat the stage 5 boss for the first time, but it has just gotten easier ever since.

That's what makes these sort of games so great: going from walking on a tightrope just to stay alive against the horde of enemies VERSUS one day just tapping the elite mobs on the shoulder and saying: "look at me, I'm the raid boss now".

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jun 22, 2023

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Remedium: Sentinels got a QoL and Betterment Balance update in general:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2244480/view/3654156236912666350

quote:

Hello everyone! Today's update has brought a multitude of small but pleasant and useful changes to the game, both in terms of visuals and gameplay, primarily focusing on balancing various aspects of the game.

Sound Effects Quality and Quantity Improvements: We have enhanced the quality and quantity of sound effects in the game. There are now fewer silent moments, and in some areas, the audio accompaniment has been improved.
Localization Fixes: We have addressed errors in some texts for better localization.
Weapon Balancing: Weapons have undergone significant optimization! To maintain balance, the power of certain weapon types has been reduced, while others have been increased.
Main Menu Button Icons: We have added icons to the buttons in the main menu for improved convenience and usability.
Experience Bar and Timer Visuals: The appearance of the experience bar and timer has been changed.
Leaderboards: A score counter has been added, now displayed in the rush mode! In upcoming updates, we will continue to enhance this feature.

Session Modifiers: Before a battle, you can now choose one of five modifiers: four elemental modifiers (enhancing elemental damage) and one universal modifier (increasing any type of damage).

Balanced Endless Battle Mode: This has significantly increased the average gameplay time! Previously, the average player could survive for about two minutes, but now that time has increased nearly tenfold!

We are continuously evolving the game! Since its release in early access, it has seen significant content growth, and most importantly, the game is constantly being fine-tuned in preparation for its full release!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

not my jam, but Brotato 1.0 is out

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009
oh drat, thanks for reminding me! it was one of my "on hold until 1.0" games

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

victrix posted:

not my jam, but Brotato 1.0 is out

What didn't you like about it?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I finally decided to see what these kind of games were all about and picked up Soulstone Survivors. After 30 minutes I was kinda “eh…” on it, but then I hit a really good run and now I 100% understand the hook. I kind of have a hard time seeing how it continues escalating for the dozens of hours that people play these games but I also feel like it must.

Anyway, great game, can’t wait to play more.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Saoshyant posted:

What didn't you like about it?

Not OP but personally I find the art to be ugly and there is very little metaprogression in terms of unlocks in comparison to a lot of other games in the genre. Also stuff doesn't get absurd due to +500% Size modifiers, +75 Projectiles or w/e

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Azran posted:

Also stuff doesn't get absurd due to +500% Size modifiers, +75 Projectiles or w/e

You definitely didn't play the game long enough, lmao. I mean fair enough if you don't feel it but Brotato allows for some ridiculous stuff, especially when you get the better mid-range characters like "free attack speed for different melee weapons" or "up to 12 weapons at a time." Then there's the inherently ridiculous characters like the ones based on stacking tank stats and health regen so that you're regenerating 20+ HP a second because you NEED to take damage to function or power up. The game also has a bias towards enabling testing out gimmicks since holding a weapon(or 2+ of it) gives better odds of getting more so you can try things like stacking crit and holding 6 ninja stars, etc.

There's an achievement for speed killing the ridiculously thick HP wall bosses, it sure ain't tied to not breaking the system wide open.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Fair, I only did one full run and I actually enjoy the moment to moment gameplay a lot, so good to know I only scratched the surface

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

My favorite ridiculous Brotato strat is that the flamethrower shoots so fast that even at 1 damage a tic on contact it enables crazy bullshit like playing Pacifist for kills if you can get 2+ of them. They also enable practically every character in the game to use life drain for survival for the same reason, 5-10% chance for +1 HP on hit and you're nearly set on a win. :allears:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Doomykins posted:

There's an achievement for speed killing the ridiculously thick HP wall bosses, it sure ain't tied to not breaking the system wide open.

Never managed to get this one until 1.0 when I got it on my first run as the King. Still missing two characters but I've liked the other new ones, Apprentice gets extremely strong if you can keep ahead of the max HP loss every level.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Anno posted:

I finally decided to see what these kind of games were all about and picked up Soulstone Survivors. After 30 minutes I was kinda “eh…” on it, but then I hit a really good run and now I 100% understand the hook. I kind of have a hard time seeing how it continues escalating for the dozens of hours that people play these games but I also feel like it must.

Anyway, great game, can’t wait to play more.

Most of what I get out of the game and most VS games are intrinsic motivations. I just think of some build I wanna do then play and try it out.

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

I've been trying Brotato on and off since "early" early access and just now it's been starting to click with me but I fail miserably around wave 16, managed to get wave 19 a few times.

I feel the difficulty ramps up when ranged enemies start spawning and it's hard for me to clear them while trying to dodge the chunky ones, also I think other games in the genre have spoiled me with the giant arena (endless?) map sizes.

Are armor and health level ups they way to go for most characters/builds?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

It depends on the character but every one needs a way to mitigate damage and recover health because "just don't get hit" is not practical.

*Speed is survivability and highly desirable, enough Speed trivializes many waves and most bosses
*Max HP is always welcome
*5-10 Armor takes the edge off the worst hits, Armor becomes less desirable the more you have, you're mostly getting +20-30% DR before the diminishing returns kick in
*5-10% Life Steal while attacking constantly gives good recovery, 2 Medical Weapons is an enormous survivability boost
*A little Dodge is worthless, more than 30% is incredible
*HP Regen is merely convenient until the critical mass point where it's incredible(you can imitate +20 life regen with 10% lifesteal on most builds)
*Unless you get a gimmick build online for it Consumable healing(trees, random drops, gardens, etc) isn't reliable. It is nice though
*Medical Turrets can't solo heal but contribute significantly, either kite around them or do laps and pass them by when you can
*DPS counts as survivability(you will also almost always die if you can't meet the DPS check the steel-mouth guys enforce by steadily building their speed, their damage is outrageous too), don't assume you can go an entire wave without projectiles spawning if you don't hit the bloated guys(they die automatically after awhile), just obliterating everything if you can set it up is far safer

I almost always shoot for 5 armor, 10% lifesteal, 30% dodge and grabbing big HP/Speed gains at level up(i.e. +6 or more for HP, even +3% speed is good) for well rounded defenses unless the character has a giant neon sign on their passives saying "you can't use this one." This also means you can dumpster a lot of stats for reliable wins unless your character relies on them: range, engineering harvest, luck, elemental, I even pass on crit chance for most characters.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 24, 2023

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009

Azran posted:

Fair, I only did one full run and I actually enjoy the moment to moment gameplay a lot, so good to know I only scratched the surface

I enjoyed the hell out of reading you say all my exact thoughts and everyone else giving extremely reasonable responses, I am going to go play Brotato again now

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007
The better you look the more you see
Brotato is amazing, and very finely tuned. Great sound effects too.
MaxHP is key on most characters, but a mix of other stats does wonders for survivability. Really fun to see what you can make work with each characters strength and weaknesses.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Doomykins posted:

It depends on the character but every one needs a way to mitigate damage and recover health because "just don't get hit" is not practical.

*Speed is survivability and highly desirable, enough Speed trivializes many waves and most bosses
*Max HP is always welcome
*5-10 Armor takes the edge off the worst hits, Armor becomes less desirable the more you have, you're mostly getting +20-30% DR before the diminishing returns kick in
*5-10% Life Steal while attacking constantly gives good recovery, 2 Medical Weapons is an enormous survivability boost
*A little Dodge is worthless, more than 30% is incredible
*HP Regen is merely convenient until the critical mass point where it's incredible(you can imitate +20 life regen with 10% lifesteal on most builds)
*Unless you get a gimmick build online for it Consumable healing(trees, random drops, gardens, etc) isn't reliable. It is nice though
*Medical Turrets can't solo heal but contribute significantly, either kite around them or do laps and pass them by when you can
*DPS counts as survivability(you will also almost always die if you can't meet the DPS check the steel-mouth guys enforce by steadily building their speed, their damage is outrageous too), don't assume you can go an entire wave without projectiles spawning if you don't hit the bloated guys(they die automatically after awhile), just obliterating everything if you can set it up is far safer

I almost always shoot for 5 armor, 10% lifesteal, 30% dodge and grabbing big HP/Speed gains at level up(i.e. +6 or more for HP, even +3% speed is good) for well rounded defenses unless the character has a giant neon sign on their passives saying "you can't use this one." This also means you can dumpster a lot of stats for reliable wins unless your character relies on them: range, engineering harvest, luck, elemental, I even pass on crit chance for most characters.

Thank you for the tips!!

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

Spermanent Record posted:

Which characters are you having trouble with?

Main tips:

Play everything on d3 first to unlock the items and get a feel for the bosses.

Once you've unlocked everything just pretend d5 is the only difficulty and get used to the way it ramps up.

First 2 level ups, luck and harvesting

Levels 1-5 get weapons + economy only.
Get at least 10 speed, 3 armour 50% ATK speed and some regen/life steal before level 10.

Get 10 armour, 50+ dodge before level 18. I like to have at least 20 life steal by the end. Regen got changed in a patch and it isn't so good anymore.

Crit is really good. Dunno why people don't think it is. That said, there is no benefit to overkilling enemies so the main priority is to one shot all mobs before you worry about making huge numbers to murder bosses.

Bosses drop legendary crates which are well worth getting/selling.

Move speed/Attack speed are hard to get from items. Always take it at level up if you can.
Damage is the easiest stat to raise, don't need to prioritise.

Minibosses have pretty easy patterns. That one that charges is easy to avoid just by stepping behind it.

Pacifist is crazy op. If you can get past l10 you will win. Play some of the other damage limited chars as pacifist.

Learn enemies. Stand close to those baby thing's as they spawn, kill them. Run at those brain things and kill them asap as they seem to double or triple enemy health. The bone thing regens enemies, kill. Bait the big chargy boys and step around them. Get some knockback for mummies.

Lock items you want and buy them after you finish the next level.

Spears, slingshots, sticks, shurikens, power fist are all busted.

You'll basically know if you hit the various damage thresholds for each char because you'll die if you don't. Once you get a feel for it, it's not too bad.

Don't worry too much about weapons. You rarely finish with all reds and most of your damage will come from stats. Should have at least all purples though.

If you don't get the weapons you want in the first couple of rounds then just reset. It's like a minute of wasted time, but the way the game snowballs, it makes a difference.

Edit:
You can't play this game by turtling. You have to find a balance between being cautious and hyper-aggressive. Plan a route around the nomap and get into a rhythm of picking up health/trees and diving into large groups of weak enemies that you can life steal.

The game has a steep curve that you can't really manage by playing normally, you need to find a way to break it somehow. +% enemies /XP an easy shortcut to making enough money to deal with later inflation and enemy toughness. (This is why Loud is by far the easiest char).

Edit: Woop!

quote:

The weapon pool doesn't really get diluted because so many of the unlocks are absolutely fantastic, and they're mostly higher end stuff that complement your early game build. You have a very cheap reroll system so it's not hard to get the things you want. Exoskeleton, hoodie, nuclear launcher, power fist, potato, metal detector, tractor, exterminator, baby with a beard, bounce, the one that gives you 5% damage every 5s are all game winners... Some are very char specific and a few like triangle of power are just crap but you don't see them all that often.

Remember that the weapon class you have will affect the weapons that turn up in the shop. If you want a flamethrower it's a good idea to start with taser. Shredders lead to rocket launchers (although shredders may be better).

Slingshot is the best weapon in the game. You can get it from sticks and spears.

Don't forget to lock items before you start the next level. They'll show up again when it you go back to the shop and you save money on rerolls.

Just reposting my effortpost. I love me some Brotato.

Spermanent Record fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 24, 2023

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I've put over a hundred hours into brotato now somehow because I refuse to ever stop playing on danger level 5 after I unlocked it. I've only beaten it with like a third of the characters :argh: and yet I still play it. (I also don't have some unlocked along with missing stat based unlocks)

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Had a good run.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

got my first boneraiser win yesterday. first time even seeing the king. i was on the vampire survivor though which seems like easy mode. i had like 400hp. i also started trying to abuse the super dash more, which seems more important than i thought.

also nearing the end of unlocks in army of ruin. just got the starfish. has to be the best weapon in the game.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Vamp Survivor is pretty good to set up a strong base on normal mode since you've got loads of time to farm before melee becomes too dangerous in most cases, then has interesting high level scaling if you can set up loads of healing for the bonus damage resistance. On your line of thought almost every class has a path to high HP and there's always bee farming. Congratulations!

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Screenshots of Boneraiser made me a bit wary - it seemed really eye-searing - but I eventually picked it up because it was cheap, and it looks a lot better in motion, with some transparencies and character highlights turned on. I've so far gotten to NGF2 on two classes. The first was probably either the default guy or wax puppet guy because I played them a lot, but the most recent was the zombie shaman class. Just bring on the bees any way you can, and those little pips of health will let you overwhelm the meanies with zombies.
Was a little disappointed to see them nerf the coins to max occult health relic by imposing hardcaps on the amount per rank, especially since it's not like you won't still get killed super quick when the game wants you dead.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I bounced off Brotato because the upgrades seemed way too fidldly and the lack of progression made it feel like i was getting nowhere.

I have been playing pickle pete survivors on android though which despite being a pretty blatant rip off of brotato feels a lot more welcoming to new players. Multiple shorter stages with a progresion system feels a lot nicer to me. Its streamlined in a good way.

Only problem is at just 6 stages in it feels like the free to play grind is really setting in, theres an option to pay for the game to remove much of that stuff but its kinda ridiculously expensive and it doesn t feel like it would speed it up that much either.

Maybe i'll give brotato another go after using this mobile cash grab game as a tutorial lol.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

The first five stages of every Brotato run are like 10 seconds each, lol.

Just remember that Brotato greatly rewards focusing on a strength over generalizing so you tend to make a big hammer until you've got breathing room or opportunity to get the rest of what you need to clear the last 25%.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I fell off Brotato when the only think I had left to do were characters with lovely boring gimmicks. I really dislike some of the 'remove all the fun' charactets like the dude who destroys his weapons every stage

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah, Spermanent Record inspired me to go fill my roster out with D5 clears other than Bull(4 total so far) and the thought of forcing a win out of guys like One-Arm, Farmer and Fisherman fills me with dread.

Yes I get how they work, yes I may have it click better this time, no I didn't enjoy getting the D0s on them very much.

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
How do you break Brotato wide open? One of the things I initially disliked but now enjoy is that the margins are much tighter than other games in the genre. A lot of my wins only just make it across the line or would fail if I had rolled another boss type.

Also, how do items stack? If I have 3 items that give me an 8% chance to heal 1hp on xp pickup, is that a 24% chance to heal 1hp? Or 3hp? Or are they rolled separately (I guess additively) like 8-24% chance to heal 1-3xp? My 20 year old stats knowledge is mixing with dice games I've played and messing me up.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

probably the most busted brotato i've played is the "streamer" brotato and i lucked into getting the item that gives you more hp regen the lower your movement speed modifier is. i got it down to -350 or so which gave me a ridiculous amount of armor and regen and then i stacked money plus those items that lower your speed in exchange for giving you more max hp based on your current money

i basically sat in the middle of the arena fully afk until round 39, where incoming damage finally outstripped my regen

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Virtually everything in Brotato stacks additively so even small gains at level up/cheap items are significant. Grabbing 3% speed/dodge leads to 40% by the end. To break Brotato you need to do at least one of two things: put out overwhelming damage or become immortal.

Damage demands focus. If your damage is spread out and weak then about wave 12 on you crash into a wall. The tater with 6 Fists with +30 Melee Damage or six SMG IVs and +20% lifesteal has the game solved. You can't really overdo weapons unless you overdo a painful gimmick like 6x Sniper Rifles(and even then...) A lot of characters teach youo to focus. Tthe shop won't feed you the same weapons nonstop so a little mix up is fine, just have 2-3 core weapons in mind. Some weapon diversity is good tactics. 4 guns and 2 slow, strong melee is the "something got through, kill it/knock it back" set up.

Damage = Kills = Resource = Stronger Build, repeat. You'll only break this loop for weirdos like Pacifist or Farmer. This is also why Loud is easy, just have good AoE.

Defense is more fluid. 60% Dodge is great. You can even get 70-90% on some characters but you'll still die instantly if you walk through a crowd and roll badly 2-3 times in a row. Now with 60% dodge, 10 Armor, 10% lifesteal, 90 HP you're a tater aiming for a win. Sometimes you can get by on pure gimmick such as Masochist and Bull being almost entirely about stacking HP, HP Regen and Armor or you're forced such as Chunky having to use consumables and Golem stacking pure Max HP so he can trigger his benefits at 70/140 instead of 15/30. Etc etc etc. Spread your defenses and try to get them to a dependable point like 30 Dodge, 5-10 Armor, 60+ HP, pick Lifesteal OR Regen and get it to the point where if you take 20+ damage suddenly you can get it back steadily, overlap is fine.

Pick an offensive gimmick and hammer it into the ground. You can do the same with defenses but the more defenses you have the more they synergize. Have a few stats in mind that you use and raise them at the expense of your expendables. Lil Bat gives +2% lifesteal and -2 Harvesting. Most taters that's an easy grab for me. You don't need crit if your base damage is high, so Medal is one of my MVP stat sticks, and so on.

A few stray thoughts on damage focus:

-Blindly stacking Engineering is a great way to win on several characters.
-Some characters are so weird they're difficult. I found Alchemist to be hard to get started, almost a tertiary stat focus character.
-Some are so focused they're free wins. Knight is fool-proof.
-Wildling is pretty boring because you pick sticks II x6 every time. He solves himself immediately.
-Bull is easy to pilot to your first higher Danger wins but if you fall behind on damage you end up in a hilarious game of chicken where you're outrunning the mob to let your HP regen work between contacts. He can't neglect damage, though it's easy to stack.
-One-Arm is one of the hardest characters in the game because of the loss of utility from one-off weapons and the way overlapping attacks help keep you safe.
-Multitasker is my favorite potato but it's incredibly easy to fall behind damage checks because of spreading yourself thin. The scaling potential is wonderful if you can get by the trickiness.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Just got my Brawler D5 win likely thanks to a surprise in the shop: Flamethrower III. Let me lifesteal my way through frequent 20 damage hits on wave 20, even with Armor 8. Had Dodge 46 and 80 HP.

Good example of a curveball. Flamethrower utility is crazy. It and SMG IV can hit 10 attacks per second.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Did Brotato increase the number of spawns?

My Round 1 with Loud on Difficulty 5 would always end up with like 64-ish money, but my first game on 1.0 had me with 70+ money.

Anyways my problem with Brotato is that I almost only play Loud with the money-making daggers and nothing can live up to the power fantasy that it gives you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i got into the deep rock galactic survivors playtest. unfortunately, i don't think it really works in its present state. you are too underpowered, to the extent that i don't think unlocks or metaprogression can change much.