Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

OctaMurk posted:

Putin has a really high approval rating which is why Prigozhin blames everything on generic elites and the MoD

There's also a narrative that Prigozhin is Putin's man, and this is Putin's move against Gerasimov. That seems so weird and improbable I'm giving it a modicum of possibility because Russia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
I really want to know if this will allow Ukraine to make significant strategic advances. I hope we get some good analysis over the weekend; too early to tell now.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

ryde posted:

I really want to know if this will allow Ukraine to make significant strategic advances. I hope we get some good analysis over the weekend; too early to tell now.

It would be insane if Russia didn't recall any troops and just let Wagner gently caress around all over the country in order to cede as little ground to Ukraine as possible.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Wait it's been an hour and they already seized a city???

This is the power of Soviet doctrine, Deep Battle

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

The HQ for the Southern Military District. So maybe?

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Seth Pecksniff posted:

They seized the Ministry of Defense building for the Southern District at least if the video is accurate.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Seth Pecksniff posted:

"Seized" might be stretching the truth.

It's more along the lines of "drove to it with no resistance".

:lol:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

This is just all too rich, man. What a timeline.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1672432993258930176

jesus.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Russia is big and theres another like 500 miles to moscow. Literally 10 hours of driving without stopping, i dont see how Prigozhin ever gets there. Maybe he just sets up shop in rostov? Lol

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The dacha-to-dacha fighting with the other elites is going to be brutal

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I thought you were going to bed.

Someone give this man a 12er so he can get some shut eye.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

OctaMurk posted:

Russia is big and theres another like 500 miles to moscow. Literally 10 hours of driving without stopping, i dont see how Prigozhin ever gets there. Maybe he just sets up shop in rostov? Lol

I don't see why they need to take Moscow.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
#blessed to be living in such a timeline

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

OctaMurk posted:

He's basically doing a childish "MY war now!! :mad:"

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Flyinglemur posted:

I thought you were going to bed.

Someone give this man a 12er so he can get some shut eye.

Probes can't keep me from reading :kheldragar:

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

This is really about the money isn't it?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It doesn't seem there was much of a fight to take it. Only evidence of any fighting was some videos of some machine gun fire and a claimed shot down helicopter.

I wonder how far they could get. There might only be scattered elements of rosgvardia between them and Moscow since they probably weren't expecting some kind of penetrating spear head and might even be intentionally spread out just in case some more guys with humvees decided to gently caress poo poo up again.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Seized is a strong word

More like "bumbled into and the local Rosvgardia looked flabbergasted at what to do"

This is the worst loving coup I've ever seen

Just a parade of dunces this regime

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Seth Pecksniff posted:

#blessed to be living in such a timeline

Whatever weakens the Russian war effort is fine by me

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Mercenary corps codename "Blyatwater"

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Deki posted:

It would be insane if Russia didn't recall any troops and just let Wagner gently caress around all over the country in order to cede as little ground to Ukraine as possible.

They have quite a lot of their military still in Russia so Im not sure they'd need to recall troops.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

OctaMurk posted:

Even if he does that, according to Vindman it basically denies a chunk of both supplies and central command to the war effort in Ukraine, so loving lmao

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
It's interesting how little combat has been reported. A shot down helicopter, maybe, and some gunfire in a park is all anyone has reported.

Are Wagner and MOD waiting for the other to attack first?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

With Rostov seized doesn't that utterly gently caress up Russian logistics for the war?

Lmao

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
Ukraine war: festers quest.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

William Bear posted:

It's interesting how little combat has been reported. A shot down helicopter, maybe, and some gunfire in a park is all anyone has reported.

Are Wagner and MOD each waiting for the other to attack first?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

ryde posted:

They have quite a lot of their military still in Russia so Im not sure they'd need to recall troops.

But how much is mobilized and in position to do anything?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

William Bear posted:

Based on the sheer confusion in that encounter yes

I don't think anyone quite knows what is going on

zone
Dec 6, 2016

William Bear posted:

Reports are two choppers shot down, and some fighting, but surprisingly little else.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
A lot of people are confused so here is my expert analysis of the situation:

lol if Russia pulls their troops from Ukraine back for defense

lmao if they don't

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

OctaMurk posted:

Take it with as much of a grain of salt as anything but apparently Wagner is in the region halfway between Rostov and Moscow:

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1672435352085184517

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

OctaMurk posted:

https://twitter.com/AVindman/status/1672431426829164544

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Lmao, the language of Prigo just feels like the propaganda was turned inward. For all the boomers poisoned by his troll farm, I’m enjoying this too much.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1672435707137196033?s=20

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

William Bear posted:

Imo the government doesnt want the actual appearance of a civil war and doesnt know how to respond while looking strong

Because its impossible to look strong when a mercenary group is declaring a coup and actually takijg over a military hq lol

This is IRL the WerBell path from TNO

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Ukraine's official position: We're lucky they're so stupid.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1672435904613416960?s=20

350km north of Rostov in Voronezh, Wagner moves on Russian forces outside of Pavlovsk

I cannot believe this poo poo lmfao

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1672436176999927808?s=20

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

BLYAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
It's not a civil war, it's a civil special operation