Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1672438826319462401

Welp, if they are admitting this things are about to start getting really loving interesting, even by current standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

We're gonna find out Putin died and this is Prig's push to take the crown or something else extremely 1200 CE

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Оща приятно

понятно

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1672439018225631232?s=20

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1672439902246518785?s=20

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

That building is about to go up in flames, isn't it?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

my friend thinks putin might be dead or hosed up and thats why dickhead thinks he can pull this off.

Barudak posted:

We're gonna find out Putin died and this is Prig's push to take the crown or something else extremely 1200 CE

There was a random telegram post on twitter claiming he was incapacitated in some regard.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Rahu posted:

A lot of people are confused so here is my expert analysis of the situation:

lol if Russia pulls their troops from Ukraine back for defense

lmao if they don't

Russia only used 10% of its strength in Ukraine so that it has more to use locally.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Dapper_Swindler posted:

my friend thinks putin might be dead or hosed up and thats why dickhead thinks he can pull this off.
Yeah, the actual kinetic potential of the Wagner forces is probably not enough to pull things off, but this is very close to a "the emperor has no clothes" moment that'll prompt other ambitious actors to pursue their own goals.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

wilderthanmild posted:

There was a random telegram post on twitter claiming he was incapacitated in some regard.

to be fair putin has been dead/dying/cancer ridden/rear end falling out since the full scale invasion happened. i'll believe it when another russian rear end is in the seat

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1672439458547785729?s=20

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/ItsArtoir/status/1672430165450686470
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :laffo:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1672439888862490624

Personally I would find somewhere else to hang out...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Apparently the secret elite army Russia was holding back in Russia was its first army turning around and going back to Russia

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
after feeding all of NATO's armies into the meatgrinder, NATO is forced to resort to bribing elements of the only operational army remaining in Europe in order to wage their proxy war. we are witnessing the fall of the American empire.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1672439888862490624

Personally I would find somewhere else to hang out...

The survival instinct of some people amazes me. What the hell do you think is going to happen in that immediate area if poo poo kicks off? The machine gunner 10ft from you might draw fire?

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Bone Crimes posted:

I'm leaning towards this being a full rofl, not just a plain lmao

well so far its only just an oopsie daisy

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Ukraine War: gently caress knows what to write here. Life didn’t prepare me for this.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Hughmoris posted:

The survival instinct of some people amazes me. What the hell do you think is going to happen in that immediate area if poo poo kicks off? The machine gunner 10ft from you might draw fire?

Dont get to see a coup everyday, id watch it

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/Kama_Kamilia/status/1672440234838052864?s=20

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
The sun should just be coming up in Moscow. Going to be an interesting day in Russia.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Randarkman posted:

There probably were security forces in and around Rostov, a major supply and command hub for the operations in Ukraine where basically the entire Russian army is. They just let the Wagnerites roll right in. I'm not sure they need to hold out as much as just keep up the momentum and watch Rosgvardia melt away.

i mean if your some lower ranking officer or grunt. are your really gonna die for putin at this point. like the guy sent your brothers off to die in a ill planned poo poo show and doesn't admit anything. "congrats your brother died, here are some discount tickets to loo loo land, have fun". isnt a way to build loyalty from the pratorians when the mercs come for their money and blood.

Cugel the Clever posted:

Yeah, the actual kinetic potential of the Wagner forces is probably not enough to pull things off, but this is very close to a "the emperor has no clothes" moment that'll prompt other ambitious actors to pursue their own goals.

i don't think they do it, but i wouldnt be shocked if they got close and a bunch of republics tried to break away from russia.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ashmole posted:

Lmao that electric scooter picture. So 2023

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Like if you're in Wagner or even the official Russian Armed Forces what is the probability of outcomes, favorable or not:

1) Wagner/official army dudes say "gently caress this" and scatter somewhere into the Russian countryside when nobody is looking and start over
2) People swap sides due to better pay, or more shockingly, trying to talk things down with potential surrenders before you see people dying in the streets in broad daylight now with a lot of AK47 barrels pointing at people
3) Wagner/official army dudes combine forces and march to Moscow, looting and/or burning anything on the way to the Kremlin
4) At least one of Putin's Pals™ falls out of a window, especially Pierogi
5) One faction is violently smothered out of existence, may need to pull troops still in Ukraine for either side to keep it going
6) Ukraine pulls another Autumn offense and takes out about 50% of the remaining nominal Russian occupied territory in Ukraine over the weekend, one of the officers along for the ride cap you to look important and blameless

Yes I know this is all :speculate: and nonsensical guessing but still imagine loving up this badly to make the Wagner siege of Rostov real

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
I’m seeing some valuable lessons here about modern states not relying on outsourced feudal military organizations that operate through personal loyalty to some guy

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/secretsqrl123/status/1672434171652833281?s=20

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Chocobo posted:

Ukraine War: gently caress knows what to write here. Life didn’t prepare me for this.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

comedy option: it's wagner troops in the heavy aircraft en route to moscow

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Chocobo posted:

:mods:

lol we've hit anti terrorist ops

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1672441249188413440?s=20

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Hughmoris posted:

The sun should just be coming up in Moscow. Going to be an interesting day in Russia.

Some people right now thinking about things that could accidentally go on fire I'm sure.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Holy poo poo, that basically means Russian supplies to the front are gutted.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Delthalaz posted:

I’m seeing some valuable lessons here about modern states not relying on outsourced feudal military organizations that operate through personal loyalty to some guy

You literally beat me to it by moments. Yeah, Putin is learning right now what every leader in history eventually learns when they make mercenaries a pillar of their military.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

EorayMel posted:

Like if you're in Wagner or even the official Russian Armed Forces what is the probability of outcomes, favorable or not:

1) Wagner/official army dudes say "gently caress this" and scatter somewhere into the Russian countryside when nobody is looking and start over
2) People swap sides due to better pay, or more shockingly, trying to talk things down with potential surrenders before you see people dying in the streets in broad daylight now with a lot of AK47 barrels pointing at people
3) Wagner/official army dudes combine forces and march to Moscow, looting and/or burning anything on the way to the Kremlin
4) At least one of Putin's Pals™ falls out of a window, especially Pierogi
5) One faction is violently smothered out of existence, may need to pull troops still in Ukraine for either side to keep it going
6) Ukraine pulls another Autumn offense and takes out about 50% of the remaining nominal Russian occupied territory in Ukraine over the weekend, one of the officers along for the ride cap you to look important and blameless

Yes I know this is all :speculate: and nonsensical guessing but still imagine loving up this badly to make the Wagner siege of Rostov real

At this point, I'd think Wagner would pull ALL of their forces off the front lines and bring them to this new mission. Then you have a bunch of battle-hardened Wagner veterans against the local national guard units.

In for a penny, in for a pound.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

If Trump was still US president russia would have never invaded itself

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
7) Putin presses the button

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

wilderthanmild posted:

I've gone from thinking this was an merc oligarch committing suicide by airstrike to wondering if Putin can actually concentrate enough forces between Wagner and Moscow. He probably can, but it might depend on how large these groups are from wagner are. Like if we're talking division sized groups of wagner mercs just making their way to moscow, big yikes for mr putin.

When do the Russians start cruise missiling Wagner, or artillery strikes or air support?

If the reports are remotely true this seems like Prigozhin just kicked the rotten door wide open, and that door flew into a furnace and the entire house us now on fire

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Mayor of Moskva has an important announcement

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

This is a very good example why the Constitution provides for well regulated militias and, well, ok, maybe not in this instance. But you know what I mean.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Hughmoris posted:

This is a country where relatively bloodless palace coups are in living memory, and there's always the knowledge that you get some warning before it kicks off _that_ way.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/revishvilig/status/1672437566723825665
Wankers vs Tiktokers soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
What if Ukraine just took all the US dollars and paid Wagner to do a 180?

That would be very funny lol