Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Didn't that win an oscer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It did.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I don't think it was a actual Oscar it was just a voting thing. Like nobody got given a statue.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Hollismason posted:

I don't think it was a actual Oscar it was just a voting thing. Like nobody got given a statue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zFOdQYmTrk

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

No, it wasn't a regular Oscar like Suicide Squad got.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The funny part is that the online poll Oscars were very obviously meant to be consolation prizes to the whiny MCU fans and then Snyder blew them away effortlessly

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cults do that :v:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Nobody's given a statue, you have to pay for it if you want one

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

RBA Starblade posted:

The Snyder Army Faction at work

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

If anything its better than an Oscar because an Oscar winner is decided by the academy whereas thousands of ordinary working people voted to give Snyder his two Oscars.

A bunch of Hollywood elites pick normal Oscars. Snyder's was given his to him by the people.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Snydercut getting that Oscar was destiny as soon as they added an actor playing the Joker.* Every live action film featuring the Joker that WB has put out from Batman 89 onward has won an Oscar.

*Must be credited as the Joker for this to apply. The Batman doesn't count because the actor was credited as "Unseen Arkham Prisoner."

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 23, 2023

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Spacebump posted:

Snydercut getting that Oscar was destiny as soon as they added an actor playing the Joker.* Every live action film featuring the Joker that WB has put out from Batman 89 onward has won an Oscar.

*Must be credited as the Joker for this to apply. The Batman doesn't count because the actor was credited as "Unseen Arkham Prisoner."

Has Full Metal Jacket won any Oscars?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Grendels Dad posted:

Has Full Metal Jacket won any Oscars?

Too early

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

RBA Starblade posted:

And the Snyder cult beat the MCU cult!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Aum Snyderikyo

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

If there’s one thing I’ve learned from years of playing tabletop Call of Cthulhu its that when two cults are fighting you sneak out the back door and light the place on fire

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

weekly font posted:

If there’s one thing I’ve learned from years of playing tabletop Call of Cthulhu its that when two cults are fighting you sneak out the back door and light the place on fire

Hey, Snyder Sickos! I found another Fire Cult member! Get 'em!!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Academy Award winning director Zack Snyder, the same level of prestige as Academy Award winning director Michael Bay

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Feldegast42 posted:

Academy Award winning director Zack Snyder, the same level of prestige as Academy Award winning director Michael Bay

yeah they both own

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

Feldegast42 posted:

Yeah except Michael Bay made Bad Boys and Pain & Gain so his sins are forgivable. And the artistic quality of the Transformers franchise has always fluctuated wildly so a few bad live action TF movies is less of a cinema crime than loving up several of the most iconic superheroes who have already had certified classic films prior to his involvement.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Lurker Ant posted:

Yeah except Michael Bay made Bad Boys and Pain & Gain so his sins are forgivable. And the artistic quality of the Transformers franchise has always fluctuated wildly so a few bad live action TF movies is less of a cinema crime than loving up several of the most iconic superheroes who have already had certified classic films prior to his involvement.

Which ones did Zack snyder gently caress up?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The MCUlt

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Which ones did Zack snyder gently caress up?

Beavis was pretty bad

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Lurker Ant posted:

Hardcore "not my Optimus" Transfans absolutely hate Bay more than hardcore "not my Batman" DC fans, some of it might be due to the first four Transformers movies being unassailable runaway blockbuster successes that the studio execs were 100% behind until the 5th one bombed, rather than something the execs ran screaming away from after the second film made only 895 million dollars instead of the billion dollars they expected

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

Beavis was pretty bad

Even granting that, lmao at the "sin" of making a "pretty bad" super hero movie. This poo poo where people act like intellectual property is an idol that we must worship and protect needs to be done away with badly.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If you don't suck the cock of Donner/Reeves and Burton/Keaton then ITS BAD.

:lol: Get out of here with that poo poo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vintersorg posted:

I thought Clooney was the new old hotness

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

Ya would have thought that Josstice League and now Flash has taught these assholes how lame this kind of appeal to their nostalgia is, but manchild is going to manchild.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

RBA Starblade posted:

The MCUlt

Beavis was pretty bad

See BvS i liked right as i watched it (although i put myself off watching because i’d heard it was awful) i watched the directors cut and it was great,i imagine if i’d have watched the theatrical cut in cinemas i’d have hated it.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I saw this movie. It was alright. Didn’t like the ending, mostly because I enjoyed Super girl and Keaton Batman and didn’t want bad things to happen to them.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

See BvS i liked right as i watched it (although i put myself off watching because i’d heard it was awful) i watched the directors cut and it was great,i imagine if i’d have watched the theatrical cut in cinemas i’d have hated it.

I watched the theatrical cut knowing it was divisive and while I dug it I'm not sure what I would have thought about it going in blind. It's a film that's entirely dream sequence.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah it’s like a dream in that it sucked and wasn’t that interesting lol

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

More of a nightmare.

I’ve seen worse movies, like one of the recent Godzilla films, but it’s definitely the worst superhero movie I’ve ever watched. Flash is a masterpiece in comparison.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Looking likely to hit a 75% drop in second weekend box office. https://deadline.com/2023/06/box-office-the-flash-no-hard-feelings-jennifer-lawrence-1235422274/

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Ccs posted:

More of a nightmare.

I’ve seen worse movies, like one of the recent Godzilla films, but it’s definitely the worst superhero movie I’ve ever watched. Flash is a masterpiece in comparison.

Here's a guy who has never seen Blade 3, Superman 3, Superman 4,.or X-Men Last.Stand/Dark Phoenix.

Also Godzilla vs. Kong kicks rear end. Godzilla tunnels to the center of the Earth with atomic breath just to holler at Kong. You know who doesn't like that? Dweebs.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Here's a guy who has never seen Blade 3, Superman 3, Superman 4,.or X-Men Last.Stand/Dark Phoenix.

Also Godzilla vs. Kong kicks rear end. Godzilla tunnels to the center of the Earth with atomic breath just to holler at Kong. You know who doesn't like that? Dweebs.

Superman 4 is way worse than 3. 3 is silly and terrible, 4 is almost The Room level bad but not incompetent enough to be interesting and boring at the same time.

Also Supergirl, Halle Berry Catwoman, etc. l

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Ccs posted:

More of a nightmare.

We must punish Snyder for his cinematic sins!!!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Darko posted:

Superman 4 is way worse than 3. 3 is silly and terrible, 4 is almost The Room level bad but not incompetent enough to be interesting and boring at the same time.

Also Supergirl, Halle Berry Catwoman, etc. l

Superman 3 and 4 are hilarious, though. 3 has Superdick Superman and 4 has Gene Hackman selling the poo poo out of Lex Luthor while introducing Nuclear Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTLC4PEzs5w

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
been hearing of so much left on the cutting room floor

#releasetheMuschiettiCut

give me the 4 hour flash movie i deserve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Andy said the theatrical cut is the best one, but I'd be interested in seeing the whole thing.

https://ew.com/movies/the-flash-movie-4-hour-cut/

quote:

"If you see the four-hour version of this movie, which was my first assembly, you will see what I left out," Muschietti said, with producer Barbara Muschietti by his side in a theater on the Warner Bros. lot. When asked if fans would ever get to see the extended cut, similar to how HBO Max dropped the four-hour-long Zack Snyder's Justice League, the filmmaker replied, "Maybe."

"I'm definitely more happy with this version than the four-hour version," he continued. "You get excited and you start improvising with actors, and suddenly you have a scene that has doubled the duration that was timed when they were timing the script. But it happens all the time."

More cuts are good.