Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

playing couch co op d4... there are many suggestions i have for making it not annoying that blizard wont do, but its not too bad as it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

a.lo posted:

people should consider playing it.

There are builds and skills and gear to find and the atmosphere is sick and the gameplay is fun

Yeah, it's a good game. :)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

And that's credits on Void Bastards, fun as hell game I highly recommend. A bit like Hades in how your kit all improves big time the more ship runs you complete regardless of how often you die, so misjudging something and eating poo poo doesn't feel so bad.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ship variety wasn't terribly expansive but it's not really a long enough game for that to really wear thin, instead I spent most of the time on repeat layouts enjoying the fact that I already knew where everything was because that's also the time where you have the tools and knowledge to sprint around the place like Doomguy.

Boarded one ship with Zecs, then never boarded another ship with Zecs again. I could kill them somewhat reliably but not without taking half my health in damage and before you've killed one there's 4 more right behind you and the one you almost killed is now stuck in a wall spamming rockets at you. NO THANKS!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Good games you should try:
- Norland
- Mechabellum
- Project Wingman
- Starship Troopers: Extermination
- Exanima
- Pentiment
- Battle Brothers
- Wasteland 3
- Heaven's Vault
- Aliens: Dark Descent

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Phil got no chill https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1672340301124452357

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Good games you should try:
- Norland
- Mechabellum
- Project Wingman
- Starship Troopers: Extermination
- Exanima
- Pentiment
- Battle Brothers
- Wasteland 3
- Heaven's Vault
- Aliens: Dark Descent

Maybe not starship troopers

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

turn off the TV posted:

Maybe not starship troopers

Nah it's fun

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Have you played it since the last patch

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

40 fps is all you need, oled is o-ver hyped

oled is really nice. i reccomend it when you need a new TV. LG makes the best ones per $ as of now. Get the C2

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

turn off the TV posted:

Have you played it since the last patch

Not yet

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Antonymous posted:

oled is really nice. i reccomend it when you need a new TV. LG makes the best ones per $ as of now. Get the C2

you're too late i got it for my old man for fathers day. time to see how movies look on that mf'er.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Void Bastards was so cool would love a sequel

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

smarxist posted:

Void Bastards was so cool would love a sequel

I regret sleeping on the Rivet gun for so long, but when I came across a ship that was literally just a big box of ammo for it I thought "hmm, game seems to want me to use this" and hooo boy

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

does anyone but paradox make paradox games. you know what i mean

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
is this anything?

Enemies levelling with you in

Diablo 4: :tfrxmas:
FF16: :thanks:

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

yes, but they're also published by paradox. you cannot escape the paradox.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

you're too late i got it for my old man for fathers day. time to see how movies look on that mf'er.

it has a mode called 'filmmaker mode' which turns off all the bullshit and warms the image up back to a natural whitepoint

it's called filmmaker mode because film makers bitched and whined and now most TVs have an option to just show the image exactly as the signal coming off the bluray/streaming service actually describes and not juicing it up

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I know a producer who just won big at Tribeca and when I was at her house to watch a preview cut I asked if I could turn all the bullshit off on her TV and she said 'why I paid for that bullshit leave the bullshit on, why would I not let the TV optimize everything' and so we watched her thing in a simulated 60fps with 8000k white point and sharpening etc

I would rather come over and they have confederate flags up

you spend thousands and thousands of dollars mastering the color on a film, the cinematographer worked hard on getting a specific look and vibe and the TV goes 'no trust me they want it at 60fps and very bright, sharp, and blue'

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

the stupidest part is no one can even see 60fps

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!
gonna throw this one back

croup coughfield has issued a correction as of 06:06 on Jun 24, 2023

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

switching tvs to slightly warm color is a game changer

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

see xbox is pro-gamer

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

if sony had its way everything would just be on one bad platform

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Antonymous posted:

I know a producer who just won big at Tribeca and when I was at her house to watch a preview cut I asked if I could turn all the bullshit off on her TV and she said 'why I paid for that bullshit leave the bullshit on, why would I not let the TV optimize everything' and so we watched her thing in a simulated 60fps with 8000k white point and sharpening etc

I would rather come over and they have confederate flags up

you spend thousands and thousands of dollars mastering the color on a film, the cinematographer worked hard on getting a specific look and vibe and the TV goes 'no trust me they want it at 60fps and very bright, sharp, and blue'

sorry but tvs have to look like poo poo by default because it wows the mouthbreathers walking past them at costco and helps move units

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Onto Into the Breach and I can already tell I'm probably not smart enough to do well at this, but it lets you gently caress up a lot before it swings the scythe, even if those fuckups hang like a lead weight around your neck going forward

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

Onto Into the Breach and I can already tell I'm probably not smart enough to do well at this, but it lets you gently caress up a lot before it swings the scythe, even if those fuckups hang like a lead weight around your neck going forward

its pretty easy once you understand it. you can make it about as hard as you want it to be but the default experience you can probably win within your first 10 runs if you rush the ending after 1-2 islands

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

The fans who make humongous mods.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Into the Breach Master here... keep trying, ur brain will adjust..

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Antonymous posted:

the stupidest part is no one can even see 60fps

i see it just fine

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

no brick, 0/10

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ben Nerevarine posted:

thinking about Plok! reminded me of Trog! for the NES, but I couldn’t remember the exact name, just that it had cartoonish cavemen in it, so I googled “nes caveman games” and not only is Trog! one of several caveman games for the NES, but there was a game for it called Caveman Games

the more you know

play Trog!

Oh hey, I played this. It's an arcade port apparently. Basically Pac-Man but you're a dinosaur who becomes a T-Rex to eat the cavemen.

A Bag of Milk posted:

Trog rocks. Good simultaneous couch coop where you gotta work together to defeat the cavemen but its also a race to finish first. Some neat stage gimmicks as the cavemen begin inventing fire, the wheel, etc

I never realised that was going on with the stage gimmicks but makes sense.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Was already planning to get ff 16 but now I see it is hoot approved and I am hype

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Popy posted:

if sony had its way everything would just be on one bad platform

The correct kind of capitalism

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Thanks to the magic of only needing to target a single platform, FFXVI can manage a mostly stable 60 frames per second at 720p

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

Gonna play some video games by the beach today

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

god I wish that were me

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
i have been trying to play some Wasteland 2 but once again I've burnt out on it. Haven't even made it to the mad monks yet which is the furthest i've been in the game..

Should I just give up and move onto Wasteland 3 or will I be glad I finished 2 first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

i have been trying to play some Wasteland 2 but once again I've burnt out on it. Haven't even made it to the mad monks yet which is the furthest i've been in the game..

Should I just give up and move onto Wasteland 3 or will I be glad I finished 2 first?

I played a significant chunk of 3 and never felt like I was missing context from 2