Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Captain Fargle posted:

Please, please, please don't let the nazis get nukes.

Uh, sir, I was told by a very powerful source that Ukraine already had nukes at one point. Excuse me????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I don't think you stay in power long if you let one of your subordinates dictate terms to you at gunpoint. Putin can't exactly go, "Oh I guess you really meant it. Well, fair enough, we're friends still right?"

Also, I think for some reason Shoigu and Gerasimov are pretty attached to their heads and might not want to give them up without a fight.

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Randarkman posted:

That's a very nice way to frame a complete and utter humiliation and crushing blow to his image and legitimacy.

well I mean I'm comparing and contrasting that to what happens if the entire rest of the russian military is *FORCED* out of Ukraine and Crimea against their will...

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I don't think you stay in power long if you let one of your subordinates dictate terms to you at gunpoint. Putin can't exactly go, "Oh I guess you really meant it. Well, fair enough, we're friends still right?"

What rulebook are you pulling this from? The weirdest poo poo is happening, right now. Like two minutes from now you have no clue what will happen. I'm being the asking questions guy for a minute. This is war driven chaos, people! Anything can happen

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

New vid dropped. Priogi is a true poster
https://twitter.com/Teoyaomiquu/status/1672467500146065408?s=19

Full text of tweet

"Prigozhin took over the southern MoD HQ in Rostov. He claims to have th controls over the airbase as well, and says that he will allow bombing Ukrainians, but not Wagner forces.

He also says that Gerasimov run away before he came.

He also says that if someone will claim it’s their fault for collapsed fronts, it’s a lie. He claims that he lets MoD kills Ukrainians in their standard schedule (not joking)"

Alternate translation of air strike line
'We are controlling the airspace so VVS bombs Ukrainians and not us.'

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

KitConstantine posted:

Also I'm pretty sure the video includes a dispute over formality of address aka pronouns so Russia is woke now whatcha gonna do Tucker????
https://twitter.com/Sasha_Etkind/status/1672466208136863745?t=ggEg4fNB76MLEXTmqd8qow&s=19

вы and ты make a tremendous difference in how what you say will be received by the person you say it to. вы (vy') is the formal "you" that you would use when addressing a superior or in a formal, professional occasion. ты (ty') is the informal "you" that you would use when addressing your friends or subordinates. It's Prigozhin swinging his dick around and getting his way, and in Russian culture/language the choice of address matters in these instances.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

They stare fiercely at each other, then both laugh and embrace, and Putin will wag his finger, "OK, you rascal, but next time you're really going to jail."

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

why's this thread got 1,000 new posts, can someone summarize it for me, a simple man

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

- Invade Kamchatka from Alaska.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

HonorableTB posted:

вы and ты make a tremendous difference in how what you say will be received by the person you say it to

Just like pronouns :colbert:

(I just wanted to make a woke joke I understand other languages have many nuances)

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

KitConstantine posted:

(I just wanted to make a woke joke I understand other languages have many nuances)

Ye! I added some additional context for non-Russian speakers to my post to you so people will have a better understanding of what Prigozhin is doing

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

The chances of him getting nukes are still loving nothing right? Please tell me that's right. I'm legit having a major freak out over here about nazi warlord nuclear threats.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/DAlperovitch/status/1672468979913195520

Completely possible, and likely the only way out for Putin

zone
Dec 6, 2016

smoobles posted:

why's this thread got 1,000 new posts, can someone summarize it for me, a simple man

Russian civil war essentially happened, or is in the process of happening.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

smoobles posted:

Russia might be getting a new goblin Czar. A goblin king if you would.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

KitConstantine posted:

New vid dropped. Priogi is a true poster
https://twitter.com/Teoyaomiquu/status/1672467500146065408?s=19

Full text of tweet

"Prigozhin took over the southern MoD HQ in Rostov. He claims to have th controls over the airbase as well, and says that he will allow bombing Ukrainians, but not Wagner forces.

He also says that Gerasimov run away before he came.

He also says that if someone will claim it’s their fault for collapsed fronts, it’s a lie. He claims that he lets MoD kills Ukrainians in their standard schedule (not joking)"

Alternate translation of air strike line
'We are controlling the airspace so VVS bombs Ukrainians and not us.'

:stonklol:

The Russian Regime is loving grotesque

The only thing keeping them from obliterating each other is the vehement hatred of the enemy

Barudak
May 7, 2007

smoobles posted:

The largest of the friends, Prigozhin, is eating the others

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Captain Fargle posted:

The chances of him getting nukes are still loving nothing right? Please tell me that's right. I'm legit having a major freak out over here about nazi warlord nuclear threats.

The chance of Uncle Fester getting nukes is precisely 0. I can do an effortpost on this if people want to know more, nuclear weaponry is my specialty.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

smoobles posted:

Russia has been invaded by Russians.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

KitConstantine posted:

It's equivalent to "you" and "thou" in older versions of english, "you" is more formal and would always be the one used when wanting to show respect or deference, while "thou" is more informal and familiar and would be inappopriate to use with anyone not considered a friend or relative. In English "thou" just fell out of use all-together but the distinction survives in many Indo-European languages.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

HonorableTB posted:

The chance of Uncle Fester getting nukes is precisely 0. I can do an effortpost on this if people want to know more, nuclear weaponry is my specialty.

Please and thank you

I'm generally not a nuke worrier but oddly enough this makes me a bit edgy what with the armed uprisings and such

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

parthenocarpy posted:

Why does he need Poopin?

Like honestly it's pretty clear atm Moscow is his if he wants it

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Man who would enjoy killing me with a sledgehammer demands I use вы when I address him. Sure, I mean, of course, no problem.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

parthenocarpy posted:

what kind of tyrant "makes a deal" with his most powerful general who has just challenged his rule, and survives the next 24 hours

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I hate living inside history.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I don't think there is any scenario where the PMC with 25k-50k take Moscow. Russia has no shortage of bodies to throw at a given problem.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

HonorableTB posted:

Please do. I've had to get out my higher strength anti-anxiety medication this morning.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

smoobles posted:

Russia has a "not technically our military" military they used when it was convenient to use forces that were technically not the russian military, and things got bad between technically not military military and actual military military, and they tried to take out not military military head guy n now he's invading back at russia and asking russian forces to join him, and they kind of are, so now it's russia vs Ukraine and russia simultaneously and kremlin might be freaking out a bit because literally what army do they have left for domestic defense against this kind of poo poo

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Hughmoris posted:

I don't think there is any scenario where the PMC with 25k-50k take Moscow. Russia has no shortage of bodies to throw at a given problem.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

what kind of tyrant "makes a deal" with his most powerful general who has just challenged his rule, and survives the next 24 hours

One who thinks he would die otherwise but instead might be made a sequestered emperor to the shogun for the rest of his days.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

Why does he need Poopin?

Like honestly it's pretty clear atm Moscow is his if he wants it

You have to look at both what he is doing and not doing

If Moscow is clearly his right now and he knows that and chooses not to take it - could it be reasonably assumed that he doesn't have that desire? I'd lean towards thinking so.

He could have a hostage situation and shut down the war until his demands are met

But he isn't doing that. He has clearly stated goals and seems to be now patiently waiting for a reply. So I guess what he needs Putin for now is to reply?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Hughmoris posted:

Yeah, but how many of those bodies will decide that they've got a better chance standing behind the PMC's guns rather than in front of them?

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

HonorableTB posted:

:justpost:

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Anyway I hope the entire Russian MoD and Wagner burn in loving hell.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Let's go back to rostov but before we do let's talk about raid Shadow Legends

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Space Jam posted:

Anyway I hope the entire Russian MoD and Wagner burn in loving hell.

Ah but friend, they are already in Russia

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Hughmoris posted:

ISIS took Mosul with about 1000 guys against 60,000 Iraqi police and army.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

We have a reaction from the government
https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1672471487326855170?t=INME_QMx1gMuLJDhGVgIeQ&s=19
Weak sauce imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

parthenocarpy posted:

You have to look at both what he is doing and not doing

If Moscow is clearly his right now and he knows that and chooses not to take it - could it be reasonably assumed that he doesn't have that desire? I'd lean towards thinking so.

He could have a hostage situation and shut down the war until his demands are met

But he isn't doing that. He has clearly stated goals and seems to be now patiently waiting for a reply. So I guess what he needs Putin for now is to reply?

What reply from a man known for poisoning his enemies long after they ceased to be a threat could he trust? Anyone who rivals his power he has suicided out a window. Even if he wanted to go back to the front line and be an obedient boyar, how can he, knowing he's the biggest threat to the Czar?