Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

manero posted:

Nancy 1943

Years later, Tommy would be found crushed after a tunnel of old-newspapers collapsed on him as he was making his way to the kitchen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You're a plugger if your insecurities drive you to make the world worse in every way you can, just for the sake of feeling powerful and significant.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Krazy Kat(March 25, 1917)

Little Nemo(August 19, 1906)

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

That's still not a joke!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 6/22/03

Brenda Starr 3/25/51

Smokey Stover 5/29/55

Everyday Movies 7/16/36

"I'm only providing one breeze to each floor so they'll just have to leave their doors open."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 9/21/41

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Very high shell for a turtle. Maybe they found a drowning giant tortoise.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Vargo posted:

That's still not a joke!

The joke is that she is looking slightly upwards and imagining how nice it'd be to slip beneath the waves and return to nature.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Medenmath posted:

In addition to what Kennel posted, here's where Arn explains why his dog is named Sir Gawain... to Sir Gawain.

It's better than I could have ever hoped for. :allears:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

The_Other posted:

Between "Cheese Nobs", "Fart Buddies", "Mud Nuggets", and now "Trash Bags", Bondia has given me some new choice insults to work with.

Also regarding the setting of Curtis, I've heard NYC, Baltimore, or Washington DC as all potential locations for the comic.

I don't know, anything referring to mud when one of the kids is POC is a bit iffy to me? There was an AITA story from Reddit where someone posted about catching mudsharks, and turns out that is a racist term, which I did not know, but common names in general...

I usually love Wallace but the shoes in the harbor thing makes me think of Nate and what an rear end in a top hat he is. Sorry Wallace, don't loving litter.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Okay, dude, you have an excuse, however lovely, for making your girlfriend sneak in and out of the house. But that doesn't man you can't ever take the woman on a date, lamebrain!
I can't even remember what Gunther's mom said. Surely it wasn't no girls over ever, right? I can at least understand not wanting a third person living there for free (let's ignore that Tiffany did this for weeks)

But like I said before: I want to scream at these idiots. poo poo, just go crash at Tiffany's mansion for a week or whatever. She seems pretty keen to have people stay there.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Endless Mike posted:

I can't even remember what Gunther's mom said. Surely it wasn't no girls over ever, right? I can at least understand not wanting a third person living there for free (let's ignore that Tiffany did this for weeks)

But like I said before: I want to scream at these idiots. poo poo, just go crash at Tiffany's mansion for a week or whatever. She seems pretty keen to have people stay there.

Gunther's mom doesn't want her son loving his girlfriend, that's it. She was fine with letting Tiffany stay there after the break-in/injury because that was the boys being nice to someone who needed help.

e: she also seems to dislike this girl and you know what fair she seems liek a poo poo but that's because she was specifically created to be a girl who share's gunther's stereotypical nerd interests and has no real personality besides that

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
A-chan B-ko-chan Expedition Log

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I wanna wedgie the Intelligent Life guy so hard you have NO idea

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I don't really want to be that guy, but maybe a Black woman wouldn't mind a 'less than perfect police response time'.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (July 15, 1935)

Peanuts (June 25, 1976)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (January 26, 1940)

Out Our Way (February 16-18, 1942)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Sure, you didn't get to do what you planned today, but that's also one less day in Cleveland.

Mary Worth

I buy Cheap! Dog Food and drink Rot Gut liquor.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

She heard the bees!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

This dogfighting guy in Mary Worth really looks like a caricature of Michael Richards as Kramer.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Green Intern posted:

This dogfighting guy in Mary Worth really looks like a caricature of Michael Richards as Kramer.

I've been seeing more of a young Lyle Lovett.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

This is probably going to turn into A Very Special Rex Morgan, but honestly, he's probably better off. Four years and hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt for a piece of paper.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

I realize this can be said about nearly everyone in this strip, but wow what an awful friend.

Gil Thorp

Home Free

Please, this is unseemly. You guys are being loving gross.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
You know I can't just spend all week bagging on Mark Trail for the 1-2 panels a day Jules just gave up on and didn't revise a rough draft sketch(todays is Panel 1.) The pacing and writing is also terrible.

Jucika "96 - Jucika And The Nativity"

"97 - Jucika's Own Car"

In the last panel we see Jucika rip a colossal blunt.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

I realize this can be said about nearly everyone in this strip, but wow what an awful friend.

Wasn't Bets explicitly introduced in the same business class as Tiff to be a friend to her? These really are just the most baffling and spiteful robots masquerading as people. Or maybe we're finally due for A Very Special Luann where Gunther is shown the truth of dumping his attractive girlfriend who shares his passions and all of the friction is caused by Gunther.

if you were dating somebody and their family gave off classist and racist vibes along with old-fashioned christian morality vibes about hanky panky before marriage and they sided with that family to the point that you snuck around evading them like a child, would you be in the wrong and/or moody about it

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

I'll bet an arcade token Mom's waiting outside the door she's about to sneak and sprint out of.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

the sneaking is a kink

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Bardiche Hotel

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 12/18-20/50

The idea that a horse hair put into water will turn into a snake is an old rural superstition, probably based on horsehair worms, parasitic critters that hatch in water.

Side meat is, as you might guess, meat that comes from the sides of a pig.

Archie 8/14-16/47

Bonus Dating Tips! Ladies, here's how to pretend to enjoy that dumb ol' football to make your boyfriend happy!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (March 6-8, 1924)

Toonerville Folks (May 12-14, 1921; timg once again out of respect for Aunt Eppie, spoiler for the Usual Reasons (of the background character variety))

Dok's "Looking For A Hookup On The Battlefront" Duck (October 18, 1914)

Little Lefty gives us the sweet taste of victory. (September 26-28, 1938)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Incandescent onions?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

God Even The Safe Parts of Childhood In Hellworld loving Suck

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Peanuts Through the Ages (Apr 11-12, 1956)

Calvin and Hobbes (Aug 23-24, 1993)

Big Nate

Blind Alley

Dunce

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (July 21, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
No way to paint or draw, you say. So the mermaids are an entire civilization that never figured out a way to write underwater, is what you're telling me?

Suddenly using whale farts for currency makes more sense. They must be huffing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:dogbutton: