Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

HonorableTB posted:

The PALs are physical devices that are stored separately from the warheads, which in turn are stored separately from the launch vehicles.

:synpa:

To make it even more difficult to use, you have to freeze or heat them to get the shape memory alloy to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I assumed I was going to wake up this morning to "Prigozhin dead in ditch" not "Prigozhin captures Rostov in hours, commences march on Moscow"

next morning itll probably be putin makes a deal with prigozhin

just lol this whole thing

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I think it's genius that prigohzian is not entering the ministry of defense building but he is negotiating from outside therefore there's no windows to fall out of

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

What the gently caress?!?

What insanity to wake up to

Imagine being the President of the United States of America and having some general wake your rear end up for a front seat newsroom live coverage of this. :lol:

What will your meal/snack be, Mr. President?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

I assumed I was going to wake up this morning to "Prigozhin dead in ditch" not "Prigozhin captures Rostov in hours, commences march on Moscow"

Well the Biggest mistake you can make is to March on Moscow in winter.

The 2nd biggest mistake is committing your land armies to a conflict in Asia.

Prigozhin is yet to do the 2nd. Putin did that one already.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

What does NATO do while it's biggest enemy utterly destabilizes?

Drink? Order tacos?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Meow Tse-tung posted:

:synpa:

To make it even more difficult to use, you have to freeze or heat them to get the shape memory alloy to work

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

yeah Im just gonna stop predicting stuff for a while

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

parthenocarpy posted:

Would he want to accomplish his clearly stated goals and intentions? Well, ya got me. I can't truly say I know. This is chaos, after all

When you start a coup you don’t go in saying “I’m gonna kill the old guy and become dictator”. That’s not a great way to rack up support. You find a grievance that resonates with people you need and gets them to follow you or at least stand aside. His stated goal is to fix the ministry of defense. When they refuse to be fixed, he’s going to have to do it by force and I guess he’s just in charge now because we killed everyone else.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1672476452292263936

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

guess fester is headed to moscow.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1672478515285852167

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1672473961458704385

Tomorrow is going to be very interesting.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Mistle posted:

Imagine being the President of the United States of America and having some general wake your rear end up for a front seat newsroom live coverage of this. :lol:

What will your meal/snack be, Mr. President?

This is clearly a two-cone night for Dark Brandon.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
when this wars over im gonna collect a big whole post of people who laughed at me and told me i was wrong about the war and post it for a big lol

okay not really because thats weird but the point of this post is to maybe take ppl more seriously even if they come off a bit silly sometimes in this thread. theres a lot of knowledgeable people with expertise on the subject but its gbs so we just shitpost and meme primarily :v:

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

how is wagner dealing with helicopters at a faster rate that the ukrainian army, does he have a bunch aa missiles or something

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I don't think Putin's gonna negotiate- it's one thing if the fighting is limited to a border region like Chechnya, it's quite another when your caterer is driving troops right into the heart of your nation, and by all accounts is heading for the capital. These two old farts are in a 'victory or death' scenario, and the best part is that this could have all been avoided if Putin had pulled back his troops or never launched this genocidal invasion in the first place.

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese
https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1672372366641451008

From "Kyiv in 3 days" to "Maybe we can hide in Uruguay"

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

OctaMurk posted:

how is wagner dealing with helicopters at a faster rate that the ukrainian army, does he have a bunch aa missiles or something

They know where the front lines are in Ukraine. This is so fast and fluid that they'll find themselves within MANPAD range before they know what the hell hit them.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

This is happening because the Russian army went woke.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

lol 90% of those vehicles look like they're going down da ocean not an offensive force.

Then again, it's not like Russian forces have shown much better.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

OctaMurk posted:

https://twitter.com/akaclandestine/status/1672426735265038339?s=20

Belrus maybe too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Doccers posted:

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1672372366641451008

From "Kyiv in 3 days" to "Maybe we can hide in Uruguay"

putin probably put a makarov in his mouth and took the shortway out of existence on his bunkers shitter now that festers quest is about to beat his rear end.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

OctaMurk posted:

Dude those pilots probably don’t know wtf is going on, they may not even think they are kill on sight

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

"Well, it seems like this conflict could end if Russia would just leave," examines notes"... Russia."

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1672482025440178178

the new swan lake

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Yeah I think we have to realize that these helicopters might think the areas are secure and then whoopsies.

I mean it's pretty hard to tell and if you're told hey you're going to go and do anti-terrorist operations go fly over rostov and make sure the place is secure you might not be expecting an anti-aircraft missile to blow you the gently caress up.

So it's really dumb that people are saying oh Wagner's more effective in killing helicopters. I mean where do you think these Russian helicopters are operating more carefully Ukraine or russia?

Like why the hell would they be operating safely if they are being told that these are just some rowdy kids playing too much basketball in the yard. I mean in Ukraine they basically know if they fly in certain areas they're going to be instantly blown the gently caress up so they just don't which will reduce the casualty rate but it also reduces the operational areas to very very small areas.

I loving hate the comparisons that are being made right now. I mean what is the Wagner group going to blow up the kuznetskov and then they're going to go oh wow they're more successful than Ukraine is blowing up Russian ships?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I was gonna head to bed but I'll power thru to see what Putin says in 10 minutes

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

3rd strongest in russia

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

his broadcasts usually start late but maybe he'll hustle for this one

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Hughmoris posted:

I was gonna head to bed but I'll power thru to see what Putin says in 10 minutes

What's the source on this happening? Besides putin's always loving late.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Randarkman posted:

What's the source on this happening? Besides putin's always loving late.

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1672481838890209281

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Flavahbeast posted:

his broadcasts usually start late but maybe he'll hustle for this one

What if he's 2 hours late and Wagner's marching on mosciw as
he's doing his speech

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

What if he's 2 hours late and Wagner's marching on mosciw as
he's doing his speech

"And introducing your new president, a close personal friend, Prigozhiiiiiiiiiiin"

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Watch here: https://smotrim.ru/live/21

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Putin fell down and poo poo his pants, Rogozin blew his dick off and mailed it to France like the Ted Kaczynski of damaged dongs, and Prig goes rogue and invades Moscow.

I think I'm going to have to :420: about this for a bit.

:lol:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

:lol: if you don't think there a ton of loyal Wagner people already situated in Moscow waiting for orders.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Sedgr posted:

Putin fell down and poo poo his pants, Rogozin blew his dick off and mailed it to France like the Ted Kaczynski of damaged dongs, and Prig goes rogue and invades Moscow.

I think I'm going to have to :420: about this for a bit.

:lol:

Correction: Rogozin sent the piece of shrapnel that blew his dick off to Macron, not what was left of his dingleberries.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
So are the FSB just going to hold everyone's family hostage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Gonna pull up in Red Square and find the last Putin defender standing outside a single busted down Armata just crying as the smoke lingers in the air.