Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Hey, the Cooper Mannings of the world need to make a living too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Gf was browsing events at Gencon and said she thought she recognized the name of someone who's podcasts I listen to. Of course it's loving Travis, I've seen him there twice (without paying) and I doubt anyone else but Clint would want to go.

Anyway $38 to learn how to be super good at RPGs from someone who super isn't is too steep a price for me.

Edit: lol

Four $42 events to get a selfie and autograph. I got a free selfie in 2017 and a high five on an escalator two years later.

Don't be jealous just because you had to pay $10 to give bad advice.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Don't be jealous just because you had to pay $10 to give bad advice.

I give bad advice all day for free, everyone knows this

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

It's so sad to see Travis still try to force himself into this space. I know he is working on his narcissism, but god drat. That panel had better be him talking about his main-character-syndrome, and how to let go of it. It won't be, and it will be a train wreck, but I can dream.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

TAZ peaked in its first episode. (I don’t actually believe this. The introduction of Jenkins is the actual peak.)

Thank you for giving me a reason to post my favorite TAZ animation involving Jenkins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWPH9JyKCgw

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

The Repo Man posted:

It's so sad to see Travis still try to force himself into this space. I know he is working on his narcissism, but god drat. That panel had better be him talking about his main-character-syndrome, and how to let go of it. It won't be, and it will be a train wreck, but I can dream.

Thank you for giving me a reason to post my favorite TAZ animation involving Jenkins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWPH9JyKCgw

this post is much sadder than anything that could happen to Travis at gencon

like he’s not my favorite either, but lmao at coming into an SA thread on a Friday night to cluck at the “decline” of your least favorite favorite podcaster like you don’t live for this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Repo Man posted:

It's so sad to see Travis still try to force himself into this space. I know he is working on his narcissism, but god drat.

how is he actually working on his narcissism other than acknowledging he's a narcissist

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Thank Travis for Travis

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Shinjobi posted:

Thank Travis for Travis

Alaois posted:

how is he actually working on his narcissism other than acknowledging he's a narcissist

Hasn't he mentioned doing therapy to help manage it? I thought it came up in MBMBaM not too long ago as a passing joke, but I could be wrong.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Repo Man posted:

Hasn't he mentioned doing therapy to help manage it? I thought it came up in MBMBaM not too long ago as a passing joke, but I could be wrong.

he should ask for a refund

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
God imagine if the cum town thread had this many visible losers in it

unfunny Travis bellyaching like it’s your gimmick in 2023 should be a threadban

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ok Comboomer posted:

God imagine if the cum town thread had this many visible losers in it

unfunny Travis bellyaching like it’s your gimmick in 2023 should be a threadban

Pretty sure that's just everyone in a cum town thread, hth

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Doesn't therapy notoriously not work on narcissists

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Pretty sure that's just everyone in a cum town thread, hth

as opposed to what, some MaxFun fans pretending they’re not MaxFun fans?

a bunch of dudes in whose heads Travis McElroy, of all people, appears to live rent free?

like after Year Three of this it comes across less like funny posting and more like lowkey Chris Chan poo poo. If you hate the subject of the thread so much you should probably stop posting in it.

The entire point of starting this particular thread and killing the old one was to stop this kind of circlejerk

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ok Comboomer posted:

a bunch of dudes in whose heads Travis McElroy, of all people, appears to live rent free?

like after Year Three of this it comes across less like funny posting and more like lowkey Chris Chan poo poo. If you hate the subject of the thread so much you should probably stop posting in it.

The entire point of starting this particular thread and killing the old one was to stop this kind of circlejerk

That's a lot of words for something no one gives a poo poo about

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

That's a lot of words for something no one gives a poo poo about

because I like this thread and I liked the old one and I remember why the old one got shut down and also none of you contribute poo poo

like if he does something pertinent to the moment and ppl want to discuss then great, but this vague howling into the void about Bad Pod Man Make Pod Bad is lovely vibes incarnate

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ok Comboomer posted:

because I like this thread and I liked the old one and I remember why the old one got shut down and also none of you contribute poo poo

like if he does something pertinent to the moment and ppl want to discuss then great, but this vague howling into the void about Bad Pod Man Make Pod Bad is lovely vibes incarnate

Travis having events at Gencon is not pertinent to the McElroy podcasts thread, got it. Once they air the episode I was on I'll be sure to post it here so I'm contributing, thanks for the eye opener.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

mad?

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Well, I'm sorry about the thread turning into whatever this is.

I'm only up to the end of the Auction arc in Ethersea, and I hope there are more ship battles. Griffin seemed to put a lot of effort into them, and I really enjoy listening to the ship combat parts.

There are a lot of TAZ side eps I'm looking forward too. Dadlands 2, Dust 2, whatever Abria, Lady of Chaos has in store. I won't hit Steeplechase for a hot second, but it seems the thread is in consensus that it's a good listen.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Honestly I'd assume Gencon would be asking them if they wanna do events and Travis said yes. :shrug:

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

Shut the gently caress up dude!!! God!!!!!!!!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

can this thread be normal for five minutes please

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I think Griffin is the best one, does that help?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We need to go back to the dadlands

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Im always thinking about Travis. Thinking he's bad.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
A.D.I.D.A.T.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Thread is weird about Travis, must be a day that ends in Y

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

flavor.flv posted:

Thread is weird about Travis, must be a day that ends in Y

Don't get ahead of me now.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Live ep was good fun, Travis wasn't too bad as DM?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I don't think it's that odd that people find it odd that Travis is the one who regularly does those kinds of events. The one season he led was a trainwreck, so it's like watching someone who crashed a car go around offering lessons in how to drive.

It's exacerbated by Griffin building the empire that gives them clout in the space, but he's the one who shows up DMing in a castle in Scotland. Can't stress enough: ultimately good for him. Can't knock the hustle. But, also, it's kind of a joke.

Ok Comboomer posted:

Gotta take the good with the bad my bud.

Steeplechase has been great! & Justin had a fun appearance on 'The Worst Idea of All Time' not too long ago.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I'm going to have to binge Steeplechase when it's all done, listening to an actual play podcast is tough when you have a toddler running around and I don't know anything about Blades in the Dark to begin with.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Neither do they. Still worth the listen.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

just saw them in Richmond last night (my first time seeing them live) and Richard Stink was there. the crowd went crazy

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

JoeGlassJAw posted:

just saw them in Richmond last night (my first time seeing them live) and Richard Stink was there. the crowd went crazy

Dang, I wish they could have shows at smaller markets closer to me, I'd love a live show. Understandable that a group so relatively small has to make sure they can get as many attendees as possible though.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Always enjoy when the boys' church background is mined for the show. In another life Justin is definitely a beloved youth pastor

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

You all ever hear of this Travis guy? He seems very popular.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
His Brother, His Brother, And Travis

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Warbird posted:

You all ever hear of this Travis guy? He seems very popular.

We told you not to post here, Mr. McElroy

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

AndrewP posted:

Always enjoy when the boys' church background is mined for the show. In another life Justin is definitely a beloved youth pastor

Every once in a while Instagram will try to show me a clip of the "Christian Cha-cha Slide" and the guy leading it is the spitting image of Griffin.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This weeks Munch Squad was pretty good. Still not sure who paid for that press release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

This weeks Munch Squad was pretty good. Still not sure who paid for that press release

To me it seemed far more like an editor (or whoever makes the decision now-a-days) saying “No you can’t just do an article about a terrible press release. Just do a round up of all the latest things like this.”

Still hilarious though.