Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
in true gbs fashion, right off the heels of my effortpost about russian law i pivot into a shitposting vdv parody because

Tree Bucket posted:

It's a tense situation. I'm sure we can count on the geniuses who brought us the hostomel airport strike and the glorious career of the Moskva to pull through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSzAnNU4u28

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Don't worry Putin has his top men on it

https://i.imgur.com/vEQn3xF.mp4

Huh, apparently this is all it takes for me to abandon all my values and support an evil authoritarian regime.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

My blyat levels are critical.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Putin has been treating the army like poo poo right? If your a soldier no way are you going to want to fight other Russians when you hear stories about people not getting paid, being treated as cannon fodder and their families getting a fish block in compensation when you get turned to mulch. It's amazing Putin has lasted this long after a year of military failure and wrecking the economy.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1672499544443985922?s=20

Lines are being drawn....

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1672512604235808768?s=20

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Last post then bed for me, it's the full translation of Putin's speech:

quote:

"I appeal to the citizens of Russia, to the personnel of the Armed Forces, law enforcement and security services, fighters and commanders currently fighting on their positions, repelling the enemy attacks, doing it heroically.

I spoke to the commanders in all directions last night. I appeal also to those who were deceptively pulled into the criminal adventure, pushed towards a serious crime of an armed mutiny.

Russia today is leading the most difficult war for its future, repelling the aggression of neo-nazis and their handlers. Against us, the whole military, economical and information machines of the West are turned.

We fight for the lives and security of our people. For our sovereignty and independence. The right to remain Russia, a state with 1000 years of history.

It’s a battle where the fate of our people is decided requires uniting of all our forces, unity, consolidation and responsibility. Everything else hat weakens us must be shoved to the side.

Our external enemies are using any arguments to undermine us from within. Thus, actions splitting our unity is a betrayal of our people, our combat brothers who fight now at the frontline. It’s a strike in the back of our country and our people.

Exactly this strike was dealt in 1917 when the country was in WW1, but its victory was stolen. Intrigues, and arguments behind the army’s back turned out to be the greatest catastrophe, destruction of the army and the state, loss of huge territories, resulting in a tragedy and a civil war.

Russians were killing Russians, brothers killing brothers. But the beneficiaries were various political chevaliers of fortune and foreign powers who divided the country, and tore it into parts. We will not let this happen.

We will protect our people and state from any threats, including internal betrayal. What we’re facing is exactly internal betrayal. Extraordinary ambitions and personal interests led to treason. Treason of their own country and people and of the case that fighters of Wagner were dying for alongside our soldiers.

Heroes who liberated Soledar and Artemivsk, towns and cities of the Donbas. They fought and were giving lives to Novorossiya and the unity of the Russian world. Their name and glory were also betrayed by those who are trying to organise the mutiny, pushing the country into anarchy and brother-killing, to a defeat, in the end, and capitulation.

Repeat: any internal mutiny is a deadly threat to our state, to us as a nation. It’s a strike against our nation, our people. And our actions to defend the fatherland from such a threat will be brutal.

Anyone who consciously went on the path of betrayal, who prepared the armed mutiny, went on the path of blackmail and terrorist actions, will take an inevitable punishment.

They will answer to the law and our people. The Armed Forces and other departments were properly instructed. Extra anti-terrorist measures are now being implemented in Moscow, Moscow region, and a number of other regions.

Decisive actions will be taken to stabilise the situation in Rostov-on-Don. It remains difficult. The operation of civilian and military control departments is practically blocked.

As a President of Russia and the Supreme Commander, as a citizen of Russia, I will do everything to defend the country, protect the Constitution, lives and safety, liberty of the citizens.

Those who prepared the military mutiny, who raise weapons against combat brothers, have betrayed Russia, and will pay for this. And those who are being pulled into the crime, I’m asking to not make this crucial, tragic, unrepeatable mistake. Do the one right choice - stop participating in criminal actions.

I believe that we will defend and preserve what’s sacred for us. And together with the motherland, we will overcome all challenges, and become even stronger.

speeches that you have to make when you're winning lol

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

lol that regardless of the outcome, Nazis are gonna die in Russia again.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Almost like letting Nazis and criminals do the heavy lifting for you in a completely unnecessary war was a bad idea.

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022
for once he's not actually lying about fighting against nazis

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Randarkman posted:

There's the much vaunted interior security forces of various stripes. But I think it's fairly likely they're gonna decide that they didn't sign up for this.

This is my (uninformed) take as well.
Every paramil org is gonna let the new strongman walk by, there might be some small shootouts with black Mercedes SUV FSB goons who got nothing left to lose in the streets of Moscow.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Can someone more informed than me explain why Moldova, Georgia, etc, aren't taking advantage of how thinly spread and weak Russia's forces are right now to re-take their stolen territories?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
A lot of stuff happened, while I was sleeping, I guess the guy was being serious.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

sleepy gary posted:

Can someone more informed than me explain why Moldova, Georgia, etc, aren't taking advantage of how thinly spread and weak Russia's forces are right now to re-take their stolen territories?

moldova's military is three guys and a donkey, georgia's not quite as outclassed but it's a very dangerous play still (and the last time they tried to roll over Ossetia the Ossetian militias themselves did a lot of damage and held out long enough for Russian reinforcements to arrive)

also i presume the existing russian peacekeepers in both are still onsite

a pipe smoking dog posted:

The President of Georgia is a billionaire who's entire fortune is tied up in Russian mining concessions.

Moldova doesn't really have an army.

i uh think you might be a bit behind the times unless there's a lot i don't know about madame zourabichvili

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jun 24, 2023

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

sleepy gary posted:

Because like us they have no idea wtf is going on

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

sleepy gary posted:

The President of Georgia is a billionaire who's entire fortune is tied up in Russian mining concessions.

Moldova doesn't really have an army.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

sleepy gary posted:

they just woke up.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen
https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1672515047778668545?t=71Yf7Ss7kHv-7Xvfe0dyAQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1672514780958019591?t=erhBX_czvS2VuCs4fCNFaQ&s=19

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

If we are taking regional conflicts the one to worry about us the Azeris deciding that with the Russians busy they can finish the Armenian genocide.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

sauer kraut posted:

This is my (uninformed) take as well.
Every paramil org is gonna let the new strongman walk by, there might be some small shootouts with black Mercedes SUV FSB goons who got nothing left to lose in the streets of Moscow.

My CIA sponsored training in GTA2 indicates that if you have a tank and the men in black in their armored van try to cut in front of you, you can just keep going over them

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lol, Surovikin had the rifle on his knee in the video to show that he is not being held hostage and doing a forced statement. They were scared shitless from the very beginning. This look like a real coup attempt now

Deflategate Retrospective
Jul 22, 2002
Lmao Russian Guy Fieri is going to control nukes within 4 weeks.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Deflategate Retrospective posted:

Lmao Russian Guy Fieri is going to control nukes within 4 hours.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Come on guys, let's be realistic.

Lmao Russian Guy Fieri is going to control nukes within 4 days.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
what Rosgvardia doing

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Dwesa posted:

what Rosgvardia doing

Surrendering apparently.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Quick and dirty

https://i.imgur.com/wMvBdjn.mp4

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen
Better look at the convoy:

https://twitter.com/TheDeadDistrict/status/1672516670391214082?t=tH0ABudqic4IyGqHRbXcIQ&s=19

I think there's a high probability this is going to get wiped out by an airstrike soon, no?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Pizarro conquered the Incan Empire (one million soldiers) with 198 soldiers.

I don't see that happening here, but is in the cards, 25k angry mercenary veterans having Putin lose power.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dwesa posted:

what Rosgvardia doing

And what about those circus strongmen in uniformswho can blow up rubber bed warmers? How could they let this happen?

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
If Wagner can't penetrate Moscow how long do you think they can keep this going? They'll eventually have to start looting Russia.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

CSM posted:

Better look at the convoy:

https://twitter.com/TheDeadDistrict/status/1672516670391214082?t=tH0ABudqic4IyGqHRbXcIQ&s=19

I think there's a high probability this is going to get wiped out by an airstrike soon, no?

You'd think so but I've learned one thing and only one thing since this whole debacle started last year: :shrug: Who the gently caress knows?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Lmao

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1672517720204517377

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1672517434316582912

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lmao Russian Guy Fieri is going to control nukes within 4 weeks.

someone called him Fester Addams and well

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Naval Spetznaz, the Russian SEAL equivalent

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Hold the avocado queen at all costs men!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

On one hand, I think it's a signifier of Putin's strength over his regime that the war has lasted as long as it has. A weak leader doesn't survive a war like this for as long as he has without a firm grasp over the levers of power.

Vlad Vexler was saying that Putin has used the war to centralize control more, so he has a bigger grasp on power, but at the same time while bigger, his grasp is more fragile, less flexibility and more things can go wrong. I think that makes sense.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

lmfao

spankmeister posted:

Vlad Vexler was saying that Putin has used the war to centralize control more, so he has a bigger grasp on power, but at the same time while bigger, his grasp is more fragile, less flexibility and more things can go wrong. I think that makes sense.

This is true - take a look at some of the laws Putin has signed into effect since the war started. They're all about centralizing power and curtailing rights, it's very very Soviet in feeling. The laws Putin signed into place wouldn't be out of place during the Stalin or Brezhnev years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/minminlowCNA/status/1672509326093860864?s=20

How could America do this?