Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah im gonna listen to that guy sound like he's about to cry for 90 minutes while talking about roman reigns. not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Ronda and Shayna defeated Alba Fyre and Isla Dawn to unify the NXT Women's Tag Titles and Women's Tag titles
With this win Ronda and Shayna join 6 other teams with 1 succesfull defense!

Updated Women's Tag title history
pre:
Champion(s)						Duration	Defenses
	[The Boss 'N' Hug Connection (Bayley & Sasha Banks)	49 days		1
	The IIconics (Billie Kay & Peyton Royce)		120 days	3
	Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross				62 days		3
	The Kabuki Warriors (Asuka & Kairi Sane)		171 days	4
	Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross (2)				62 days		3
	Bayley & Sasha Banks (2)				96 days		4
	Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler				112 days	3
	Asuka & Charlotte Flair					42 days		1
	Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler (2)				103 days	6
	Natalya & Tamina					129 days	2
	Nikki ASH & Rhea Ripley					63 days		1
	Carmella & Queen Zelina					132 days	1
	Naomi & Sasha Banks					47 days		2
	Vacant							101 days
	Aliyah & Raquel Rodriguez				14 days		0
	Damage CTRL (Dakota Kai & IYO SKY)			49 days		1
	Alexa Bliss & Asuka					5 days		0
	Damage CTRL (Dakota Kai & IYO SKY) (2)			114 days	1
	Becky Lynch & Lita					42 days		0
	Liv & Raquel						40 days		2
	Vacant							10 days
	Ronda & Shayna (unified w/ NXT Women's tag titles)	26 days		1

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Digital Jedi posted:

Ronda and Shayna defeated Alba Fyre and Isla Dawn

They all sound like detergents

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Thinking about the build to Bray Wyatt’s return, then the build to his return match, the return match, and then him disappearing

An all time run

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

In this business you either Mountain Dew or Mountain Dont

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Charlotte is ungovernable

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

closet statist posted:

Going back a bit here but my partner walked in the room while I was watching a random dynamite and said 'oh my god is that Mr rear end?'

He recognised him from his appearance on Sabrina The Teenage Witch. On this basis I put forward 'The Bad rear end' Billy Gunn as the most recognisable modern wrestler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If5R9hYV_2c

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Yeah. They cut a triple threat match, and also the Shotzi/Bayley match which had actual major storyline implications.

Also be prepared for Charlotte to win her 15th world title next week. She got laid out this week, and Vince is back in power. And WWE has banned Bianca from ringside during the match, otherwise she loses her opportunity at the title if she interferes.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/jeremylambert88/status/1672418903568334848?t=1yglJevJj6wmCpTuxxnraA&s=19

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

I'm more thrown by Vincent Schiavelli as the reverend/ref

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

xbilkis posted:

Charlotte is ungovernable

code:
BO
  OOOO

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alan_Shore posted:

No post about this awesome video from SuperEyepatchWolf about the Roman Reigns storyline?

Alright, I'll link it: https://youtu.be/UaDAzXVycR4

Now I had stopped watching WWE way before the Bloodline started, and while watching this video I tried to remember what exactly got me to give up on WWE completely. I mean, I suffered throughout the entire Cena era, so what happened?

I honestly think it was Reigns that broke me. Suffering through his matches and promos, which were all terrible, knowing that he was the new Cena and he was going to be shoved down my throat for the next decade, I think that did me in.

Now, some of the stuff in this video which I've never seen looks good. Especially all the stuff with Sami. But it was all a complete accident on WWE's part, let's be honest. It was no delicately planned storyline like Hangman and the Elite, for instance.

Anyway, I highly recommend this video. It's long as gently caress but it's super entertaining and this guy is legit at analysing stuff while remaining humorous and emotionally open

i liked when this dude made a video about some indie rpg with gollum-esque goblin creatures and referred to them as 'african' despite this not being mentioned or implied anywhere in the game

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

i liked when this dude made a video about some indie rpg with gollum-esque goblin creatures and referred to them as 'african' despite this not being mentioned or implied anywhere in the game

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

I can’t stand him

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

Alan_Shore posted:

I honestly think it was Reigns that broke me. Suffering through succotash.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Endorph posted:

He called them indigenous and gave a weird answer about depictions of irish people when called out on twitter

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

ahem

Trying fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jun 24, 2023

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Alaois posted:

yeah im gonna listen to that guy sound like he's about to cry for 90 minutes while talking about roman reigns. not!

Stop doxxing Cody Rhodes

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

adrenaline
in my veins
crying over
roman reigns

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Trying posted:

Stop doxxing Cody Rhodes

lol

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Maybe Cody should call himself Cody Reigns and start hanging out with the Bloodline trying to be their friend.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Maybe Cody should call himself Cody Reigns and start hanging out with the Bloodline trying to be their friend.

He can use the name Cody Reigns if he wants he just chooses not to

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CODY andRoman REIGNS

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

zetamind2000 posted:

He called them indigenous and gave a weird answer about depictions of irish people when called out on twitter

Irish people are disgusting potato-eating freaks and should be mocked.

bartok
May 10, 2006

The KSA deal and bringing back Hulk Hogan is why I quit watching WWE. Roman Reigns is fine in fact before I quit I had finally started to soften on the guy and probably would have dug the Bloodline story if I kept watching.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The eyepatch wolf video going from Roman's cancer is back to covid/heel turn but not even mentioning Moxley leaving is an amazing omission and had to stop watching but than what do you expect from somebody that missed a wide open net on a what went wrong with Bleach video

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I wasn't watching but did Mox leaving affect Roman's story in any way? Unless you mean behind the scenes but from what I remember Seth did an interview where he implied Mox couldn't hack it. Not sure about Roman? So not sure how not mentioning his absence ruined the video

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The eyepatch wolf video going from Roman's cancer is back to covid/heel turn but not even mentioning Moxley leaving is an amazing omission and had to stop watching but than what do you expect from somebody that missed a wide open net on a what went wrong with Bleach video

It's because his story doesn't work if you don't skip "and then Roman came back, lost to Shane McMahon, Baron Corbin threw dog food at him for months and then he had to leave for a bit so his co-workers didn't accidentally kill him with COVID"

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I am generally entertained by his videos but the wrestling ones are so weird. He tends to make up his own stories instead of analyzing what actually happened.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

I wasn't watching but did Mox leaving affect Roman's story in any way? Unless you mean behind the scenes but from what I remember Seth did an interview where he implied Mox couldn't hack it. Not sure about Roman? So not sure how not mentioning his absence ruined the video

One of the theme is how WWE creative let down Roman and not mentioning the guy who was in the same faction as Roman left cause WWE creative pissed him off so much feels like a bit of an oversite

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I remember everyone huffing copium when Moxley left WWE thinking he was only going to take a while off between contracts and do a movie or two lol, seth rollins lost his mind over it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Moxley leaving didn't really affect Roman's heel turn in as much as WWE never actually gave an in-story reason at all for Roman's heel turn.

He was gonna face Goldberg at Wrestlemania (with zero build btw), then the pandemic happened and he was immuno-compromised, so he left. He was just off TV with no explanation, Strowman replaced him in the match, then he came back at the end of SummerSlam as a heel.

But yeah, Moxley had been gone for over a year when Roman turned heel.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Roman going heel was basically the last straw for him creatively, he was going to quit entirely if he didn't get to try it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Alan_Shore posted:

No post about this awesome video from SuperEyepatchWolf about the Roman Reigns storyline?

Anyway, I highly recommend this video. It's long as gently caress

Yeah gently caress that poo poo. You'd have to pay me to watch a long as gently caress video about Roman Reigns.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I really like most of supereyepatch’s output but his wrestling videos are way out of his lane. Theyre like watching wrestling isnt wrestling with less sex pest but also less entertaining visuals and threads

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If im going to watch multi hour discourse videos, they could at least have the courtesy to be about old video games imo

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I don't mind long videos but a lot of them end up long cause people don't know how to edit or just to provide content for the content mill and that never works out well

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Long videos can be great. Folding Ideas' NFT video was legit amazing, but loving hell I don't care enough about Roman to watch WWE programming so I sure as gently caress ain't gonna watch a long as gently caress recap about Roman.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
eyepatch needs to stop trying to attach phony gravitas to everything by ending every sentence.... like.... this....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I get it, I hate Roman (and let the record show I hated him loooong before it was cool here!) and for that reason, I almost didn't watch the vid. But I had a good time and there are some excellent jokes, plus since I had never seen the Bloodline (which looks like it did have some good stuff) then it was much faster watching this vid than 4 years of WWE poo poo. Especially Sami and KO, who I pray every day come to AEW but they love money too much