Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Nix Panicus posted:

lmao that you think 3023 is going to have historians

sure it will, but why would the orcas bother to differentiate between different kinds of man-things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
I wanted to post some things Prigozhin said in an interview with the New York Times during the battle of Bakhmut.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russian-mercenary-chief-sets-out-ambitions-an-army-with-an-ideology-2023-03-12/
"The Wagner private military group must turn from just a private, the best, army in the world which is capable of defending the state, into an army with an ideology. And that ideology is the struggle for justice."

https://en.topwar.ru/212443-vy-za-d...artemovska.html
"But there is a second scenario, which can be described by the formula: you are for democracy, and we are for justice. In Russia, half of the 140 million people are for justice. If these 70 million people suddenly express a desire to join the Wagner PMC, the West will see a 70 millionth military company. And this is also a good prospect."

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/europe/article/3213316/ukraine-war-russias-wagner-chief-sets-out-ambitions-army-ideology
Prigozhin has repeatedly denied harbouring any political ambitions. However in a video message on Saturday he announced he would run in next year’s presidential election “in Ukraine”, against current President Volodymyr Zelensky and his predecessor Petro Poroshenko.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

BearsBearsBears posted:

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/europe/article/3213316/ukraine-war-russias-wagner-chief-sets-out-ambitions-army-ideology
Prigozhin has repeatedly denied harbouring any political ambitions. However in a video message on Saturday he announced he would run in next year’s presidential election “in Ukraine”, against current President Volodymyr Zelensky and his predecessor Petro Poroshenko.

ah so this is all a campaign stunt

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
what i don't get is like... if this is a serious attempt at removing putin from power, then why hasn't the russian military stomped it out? does wagner have support? or if it's some kind of bizarre op and prigozhin's talking mad game, then what's the point of it? but wagner has apparently shot down a few russian helicopters? and while there's clearly footage of them taking control of that govt building, wagner seems pretty casual about it, the tanks have their caps on, and there's those AI-generated images?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

BearsBearsBears posted:

I wanted to post some things Prigozhin said in an interview with the New York Times during the battle of Bakhmut.

putin should just respond with the dancing r

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
and if prigozhin does take power, and apparently gets to fight total war or whatever he wants, then wtf

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Horizon Burning posted:

what i don't get is like... if this is a serious attempt at removing putin from power, then why hasn't the russian military stomped it out? does wagner have support? or if it's some kind of bizarre op and prigozhin's talking mad game, then what's the point of it? but wagner has apparently shot down a few russian helicopters? and while there's clearly footage of them taking control of that govt building, wagner seems pretty casual about it, the tanks have their caps on, and there's those AI-generated images?

Everything is incredibly stupid, op

It's kinda like how the chuds were able to freely storm the capitol on J6, but they didn't actually know what to do beyond smear poop on the walls and then trump decided to eat McDonald's instead of secure the easiest self coup in history.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Donbass Devushka posted:

🇷🇺Ramzan Kadyrov:

Friends, the night turned out to be difficult and the flights did not give time to voice here my position on this vile betrayal!

Everything that happens is a KNIFE IN THE BACK and a real military mutiny!

I have repeatedly warned that war is not the time to voice personal grievances and resolve disputes in our rear. The rear must always be calm and reliable. Imagine how the guys in the trenches feel now, in the face of which there is an enemy, and behind their backs a treacherous adventure. We are talking about stability, about the cohesion of the state, about the security of citizens.

History shows that such actions can lead to bloody consequences. We have few losses in the SMO? We still have to create problems within the country?

We have a Supreme Commander-in-Chief, elected by the people, who knows the whole situation to the smallest detail better than any strategist, and even more so a businessman, calls the commanders "on the ground" himself and fully controls the course of the SMO.…
(from t.me/DDGeopolitics/70636, via tgsa)

A bunch of other governors and generals also declared for Putin too so unless that convoy going up Voronezh achieves something, may as well stick a fork in the mutiny/coup attempt.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Trying desperately to come up with a joke about the PMC professional managerial class Wagner group and failing

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

BearsBearsBears posted:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russian-mercenary-chief-sets-out-ambitions-an-army-with-an-ideology-2023-03-12/
"The Wagner private military group must turn from just a private, the best, army in the world which is capable of defending the state, into an army with an ideology. And that ideology is the struggle for justice."

https://en.topwar.ru/212443-vy-za-d...artemovska.html
"But there is a second scenario, which can be described by the formula: you are for democracy, and we are for justice. In Russia, half of the 140 million people are for justice. If these 70 million people suddenly express a desire to join the Wagner PMC, the West will see a 70 millionth military company. And this is also a good prospect."

Terminal Main Character Syndrome

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Seems like Putin should have killed or arrested Prigozhin like 6 months ago when he started publicly making GBS threads on Russia's MoD and its leaders.

But what do I know, I haven't won even a single war.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

“if my 70 million imaginary soldiers were real I would totally win!!!”

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Danann posted:

A bunch of other governors and generals also declared for Putin too so unless that convoy going up Voronezh achieves something, may as well stick a fork in the mutiny/coup attempt.

Rip in piece this coup

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

what the gently caress is Wagner doing are they gonna start streaming this or not?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Danann posted:

Reuters: RUSSIAN SECURITY SOURCE TELLS REUTERS WAGNER FIGHTERS HAVE TAKEN CONTROL OF ALL MILITARY FACILITIES IN CITY OF VORONEZH ABOUT 500 KM SOUTH OF MOSCOW

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Asproigerosis posted:

Everything is incredibly stupid, op

It's failsons in all directions, on all sides.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Putin quick you must move the bitcoin factories to the urals NOW!!!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i will lmao a lot if putin ends up shot

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

release the ufo documents too

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

lmao that neoliberalsim has rotted out every institution on earth to the point where its just a fascist clown fiesta at all levels of all governments

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

NATO, please offer wagner membership

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
LIVE: Putin executed in red square by the wagner group

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Nix Panicus posted:

lmao that neoliberalsim has rotted out every institution on earth to the point where its just a fascist clown fiesta at all levels of all governments

That’s been the case for a while though.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I get the feeling actually understanding Russian would get a clearer picture of what's actually going on but it seems very difficult to tell either way what any actual motivations and goals are besides empty buzzwords.

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/michaelh992/status/1672497439868084224

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
high on neocryptofascism

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Majorian posted:

That’s been the case for a while though.

Yeah but you have to admit this is a whole new circus

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Order of Lenin to that person.

Nix Panicus posted:

Yeah but you have to admit this is a whole new circus

Yup. It’s new levels of stupid and I’m here for it.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BigRoman posted:

When I pointed out that Russia was using an actual nazi PMC back in the 2022 C-SPAM Ukraine war thread I was asked if my bowtie spun. Then some folks kindly explained to me how all Ukrainians were nazis.

I'm sure there are actual fascists that are cheering this on, as well as idiots who's interest in the war extends only as far as Russia=bad. I know I'm laughing at the irony.

I certainly hope the Russians imprison Prigozhin. I don't see how a guy, whose main complaint with Russian leadership until today, was that they weren't committing enough war crimes in Ukraine to win, can reduce the misery caused by this stupid war.

Good news for Romans just asking questions about how big is Azov and how much influence they have in Ukraine.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3994250&pagenumber=1&perpage=40&userid=80346#post522562267

Serious question. How big do you think the Azov battalion is? How many men? How many fascists do you think make up Ukraine's population of 44 million? It must be a huge proportion, because it seems like they are in every hospital, school, and apartment block that gets blown up by the Russians. It's weird that no one but Putin noticed this before he invaded.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Yossarian-22 posted:

Trying desperately to come up with a joke about the PMC professional managerial class Wagner group and failing

professional mutineer contractor wagner

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
weird that a private military company would just start making its own decisions based on a perceived opportunity enhance its own power

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Bad news for Russia
https://twitter.com/vader_robert/status/1672121651365019649?t=skpBBfPlt2DUTprIWs3-2Q&s=19

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Personally I look forward to Wagner 2 Blackrock Boogaloo.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

this is why america always wins

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

fizzy posted:

Good news for Romans just asking questions about how big is Azov and how much influence they have in Ukraine.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3994250&pagenumber=1&perpage=40&userid=80346#post522562267

Serious question. How big do you think the Azov battalion is? How many men? How many fascists do you think make up Ukraine's population of 44 million? It must be a huge proportion, because it seems like they are in every hospital, school, and apartment block that gets blown up by the Russians. It's weird that no one but Putin noticed this before he invaded.

no u see everyone is fascist, and all the governments are also run by fascists, its just this sub-forum that’s the last line of defense. also those ukrainians had it coming and the poles and baltics are next because they are also fascist

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Honest Thief posted:

twitter spaces is awesome, just a bunch of people falling on top themselves to say the most hottest take
edit: this dude is saying europe is putting the turks on ukraine after the war lol to rebuild and repopulate

It's rightful owners.
Also post the tweets, we could do with a new fuhrer hitler.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Huh, so there's downsides to allowing mercenaries to undermine the state's monopoly on violence?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Mokotow posted:

no u see everyone is fascist, and all the governments are also run by fascists, its just this sub-forum that’s the last line of defense. also those ukrainians had it coming and the poles and baltics are next because they are also fascist

Correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

Orange Devil posted:

Huh, so there's downsides to allowing mercenaries to undermine the state's monopoly on violence?

at least you don't have to fully fund your own coups anymore