Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Omobono posted:

It's not completely impossible they're being greeted as liberators. [/Shitpost]

No seriously what the gently caress is happening :psyduck:
For those who remember, is this how the USSR fall felt?

This is how the armed coup and bombing the parliament felt. But that ended faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Hannibal Rex posted:

Yevgenia Albats is one of the top (still alive) investigative reporters of Russia

Wikipedia page for reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yevgenia_Albats

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1672564599474868224

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Adolf Glitter posted:

Fuckin performative boot licking, ugh

Keeping the army of literal criminals occupying your city on your good side is probably a smart move

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

the holy poopacy posted:

Trying to imagine a U.S. army mutiny driving towards Washington with the stated goal of overthrowing the Pentagon and going 12 hours with only a couple helicopters poking at it one or two at a time.

The full version would be:

- US suddenly decided to invade Mexico.
- Mexico holds it own, turns out US army only has 1/10th working tanks and air.
- US out of soldiers and prisoners, hires Blackwater to go in.
- Blackwater goes in, gets owned by Mexico
- Blackwater requests more ammo and supplies.
- Biden goes 'lol no'
- US Generals finger point Blackwater CEO as reason why Mexico not conquered yet.
- CEO goes 'gently caress it, 180 lads, we're heading to the White House'.
- Biden shits pants. US Generals poo poo pants and ask CEO to play fair on Twitter

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
https://twitter.com/IuliiaMendel/status/1672550303785271296?s=20

quote:

The Kazakh president said that Prigozhin's rebellion was an internal matter in Russia.
Lukashenko is currently in Turkey.

What CSTO doing?

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Man, we went from "this war will last for years" to "digging in around Moscow" in like less than 30h.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
big boom boom in this video

https://twitter.com/JimmySecUK/status/1672544428018348033

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
So then calling this a rebellion or a civil war isn't even close to correct, it's just that Russia is privatizing itself

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
holy loving poo poo that second video

https://twitter.com/CalibreObscura/status/1672560813159198720

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

cant cook creole bream posted:

What's the most ridiculous outcome you can't fully rule out? I'd say Prigoschin reaches Moscow and Putin feels forced to deploy a tactical nuke. He was pretty adamant that he'd use nukes if a war would force him too...

CIA arms Russia to secure nukes.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Vaginaface posted:

So then calling this a rebellion or a civil war isn't even close to correct, it's just that Russia is privatizing itself

It’s the future predicted in Catch-22 where Milo gets hired by the Germans to bomb his own airbase.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

cant cook creole bream posted:

What's the most ridiculous outcome you can't fully rule out? I'd say Prigoschin reaches Moscow and Putin feels forced to deploy a tactical nuke. He was pretty adamant that he'd use nukes if a war would force him too...

Threats to the existence of the sate and nuclear deterrent are the two scenarios where russia always said they'll do a nuclear first strike.

Nobody other than Tom Clancy maybe could've expected to play out like this :tviv:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
jet allegedly seen operating in Voronezh

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1672566738464956417

Medvedev thinks it's important to state he did not fled Moscow (which confirms he did)

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1672566425691586562

Gerkin and his club have a plan!

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1672565261168177154

just some lol

https://twitter.com/KarinaVinnikova/status/1672515789205667840

tiktok forces allegedly coming to Rostov

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1672567609542295555

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I don't want to see stupid loving Elon Musk memes in this thread, personally.

Lifroc
May 8, 2020

Whose side are the Girkin APC fighting for? Their tweet does seem intentionally vague

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lifroc posted:

Whose side are the Girkin APC fighting for? Their tweet does seem intentionally vague

They're for russia, obviously!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Beartaco posted:

what elon musk memes

is this a case of goon prosopagnosia again because the wake up guy is Limmy

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Lifroc posted:

By August, Russia will be fully occupied by Girkin's Novorossiya

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Beartaco posted:

I think that's Limmy, not Musk.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Just so I'm on the right page, are we cheering for the nazi or the dictator in this conflict? I the nazi wins, nazis are back. If the dictator wins, he'll probably have to acknowledge that the Ukraine thing just isn't going to happen? Which is the lesser evil?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Beartaco posted:

???

Dead forum user
Oct 1, 2021

Chocobo posted:

Just so I'm on the right page, are we cheering for the nazi or the dictator in this conflict? I the nazi wins, nazis are back. If the dictator wins, he'll probably have to acknowledge that the Ukraine thing just isn't going to happen? Which is the lesser evil?

Cheer for maximum chaos

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Chocobo posted:

Just so I'm on the right page, are we cheering for the nazi or the dictator in this conflict?

We’re hoping they both lose :cheers:

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

Chocobo posted:

We're cheering for them to destroy each other instead of destroying Ukraine.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
lol my mistake

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Chocobo posted:

The longer this plays out not only are Russian logistics going to be more turbo hosed, troops will get pulled from Ukraine and Russian command will be in complete disarray. So just root for maximum chaos

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Chocobo posted:

Whoever wins, everyobody loses.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
The only way to win is for everyone to lose. Got it.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Chocobo posted:

Or you could just not cheer for either side. Just a thought

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Beartaco posted:

turn on your monitor

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

GABA ghoul posted:

Or you could just not cheer for either side. Just a thought
I dunno, I'm cheering for Ukraine.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

you might be familiar with Limmy as the guy from the "kilogram of steel vs kilogram of feathers" skit

also this business in Russia is pretty disturbing and the best case scenario is that more units get pulled out of Ukraine

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Autisanal Cheese posted:

turn on your monitor

I own Tesla now

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

BigglesSWE posted:

And throughout it all, Glenn Greenwald insists it is actually bad for Biden.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1672380197167874049?s=20

This is GG's last tweet. Other pro-Z scumbags like Aaron Maté and Max Blumenthal are also still figuring out how to spin this. Maybe they didn't get the usual memo from St. Petersburg?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I want to believe there is a non zero chance RUAF and wagner completely obliterate eachother, putin flees to north Korea and zelensky stumbles into russia and unifies the country as Nova Ukraina to stabilize this poo poo show

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Chocobo posted:

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Beartaco posted:

So Wagner is waging civil war against the Putin government, where do they stand on the war in Ukraine?

That's it's not cruel enough. His endgame is probably to seize control of the MoD, conscript a million Russians and march back into the Ukraine.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Chocobo posted:

I'm not cheering for anyone. War is terrible and nothing to cheer at, even if it's Russians fighting Russians.

But I am watching with fascination as our Eastern neighbours start a civil war on Midsummer and hoping that out of this comes Russia's withdrawal from Ukraine and the end of that illegal war as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

TulliusCicero posted:

We saw the best that US separatists/ terrorists could do on January 6th

Within an hour of the order they were neutralized

Lmao at "World Power" Russia

Yea this isnt quite the same thing as a few hundred "MA AMERIKA" slobs waving a flag and walking into a building