Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm not some strategic genius but shouldn't you trigger a coup attempt inside the capital so you depose the head-of-state as quickly as possible?

does them being incompetent raise or lower the odds of cia involvement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

so was this a bigger failure than the turkish coup attempt

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

When you gotta coup, you gotta coup

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

HallelujahLee posted:

The Turkish coup attempt came one F16 pilots' nerve away from blowing up Erdogan. They occupied all the bridges in Istanbul. Draw your own conclusions.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Didjyall know you don’t even use the p on that word unless you are talking about a small car

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/mylordbebo/status/1672572769324728320?s=46

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Just how are his men not shooting him or turning him over to the government? They’re all mercenaries! Against a government!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Egg Moron posted:

Didjyall know you don’t even use the p on that word unless you are talking about a small car

it's so it rhymes with poo

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Anyway according to Dutch news eyewitnesses are saying the column has passed Voronezh.

Also:

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1672557378137468931

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm not some strategic genius but shouldn't you trigger a coup attempt inside the capital so you depose the head-of-state as quickly as possible?

This is why you'll never be the head of a major private military corporation

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

gradenko_2000 posted:

no you want to start as far away as possible so that you can rally the disloyal vassals and their levies during your march to the royal palace

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Egg Moron posted:

When you gotta coup, you gotta coup

Do not coup
Do not coup

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

This is the plot of metal gear rising revengeance I believe

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

John Charity Spring posted:

no you want to start as far away as possible so that you can rally the disloyal vassals and their levies during your march to the royal palace

you need to level up against the low level frontier forces before you tackle the end game content

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
haha the ukranians are having a fun day

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1672560530303614978?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Egg Moron posted:

yes shut the gently caress up

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Getting burgers at the coup thru

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

HallelujahLee posted:

Idk, it's still ongoing. Maybe Wagner has a pact with zombie lenin?

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
Does no one else find it odd that this is all happening on social media, completely out in the open?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Maximo Roboto posted:

Just how are his men not shooting him or turning him over to the government? They’re all mercenaries! Against a government!

Yeah that might be the craziest part. You'd think delivering his head on a spike to the big P would set you and your family up for life.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Orange Devil posted:

The Turkish coup attempt came one F16 pilots' nerve away from blowing up Erdogan. .

i forgot about that

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Organ Fiend posted:

Does no one else find it odd that this is all happening on social media, completely out in the open?

It’s the 90s OP

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1672572380122607618?t=-txx2r1T6eJvFijRvXXmMw&s=19

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1672564599474868224?t=SQ44aiHeaI3grgukr0ugyw&s=19

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Majorian posted:

All right, I did some digging and I don't know if this site is particularly reliable, but it makes a strong argument for why this particular iteration of the symbol is Nazi and similar ones (ie: same colors but without the crowns) aren't.

So objection withdrawn, that's a Nazi symbol, gently caress the Ukrainian courts for saying it doesn't count. My apologies for this derail.

Wikipedia actually has a pretty thorough history of Ruthenian heraldry which makes it clear that the version of the lion surrounded by crowns never existed until specifically created by the Nazis.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruthenian_lion

quote:

During the Second World War, the Ruthenian lion became the emblem of the 14th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS (1st Galician), created in 1943 from Halychynian Ukrainians. This symbol was considered regional, Halychynian, and was chosen because the German authorities officially banned the national Ukrainian symbol – the trident – and did not want to emphasize the Ukrainianness of the formation.[21] In addition to the lion, the divisional coat of arms had additions in the form of three crowns – figures from the coat of arms of the Kingdom of Galicia and Lodomeria during the Austrian Empire (1782–1914).

The three crowns are not of Ukrainian origin. They were introduced as it says above by Austria-Hungary as an arbitrary new heraldic design for the newly invented territory of Galicia-Lodomeria, and according to Polish Wikipedia the crowns came from the heraldric arms of the Archbishopric of Krakow, so the three crowns most likely never saw use by any independent Ukrainian organisation before the Nazis...

https://pl.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herb_Galicji_i_Lodomerii
https://pl.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herb_archidiecezji_krakowskiej

PoontifexMacksimus has issued a correction as of 13:23 on Jun 24, 2023

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Fuckers in camo constantly dig big holes all over the southeastern United States and no one says a drat thing

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

how big is their jan6th convoy

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Regarde Aduck posted:

I don't think trying to coup Belarus, while the Wagner coup is still in the loving around stage, is a good idea.

If Wagner fails and Belarus is revolting then someone in Russia might do something stupid. Why would you set such a huge fire off next to a nuclear armed power? They know that if this escalates beyond control they won't live to see the results right?

Because Ukraine got stopped in their offensive and it seems more and more likely that the West generally and Biden specifically are way more invested in Ukraine than any of us believed.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Nix Panicus posted:

Ukraine is currently winning in slow motion. They got probing attacks where they drive a brigade head first into overwhelming artillery, air superiority, and mines to test the defenses (the defenses are good) and, presumably, will follow up on that probe at some future point. They've liberated like 8 villages where almost a thousand people (total) used to live, they're blowing up bridges into Crimea to isolate Russian supplies and prepare for their big offensive into Crimea over the bridges they just blew up, they're starting an ambitious new conscription of every male between 17 and 60, its just victory after victory for Ukraine

Seems like the time to offer the unstable chef about to lose his private army $6B and see what happens.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Technically speaking this isn't a coup or a a coup attempt[lol]. Prighozin wanted Shoigu removed from his post. Gerasimov too. Pay attention.

However when you have an autocratic state where all the decisions are left to the guy at the top any change requires a major action if he the boss isn't on board.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Intel Slava Z posted:

(Click thumbnail to open video)
🇷🇺⚡ The Akhmat column, several kilometers long, is heading towards Rostov
(from t.me/intelslava/49303, via tgsa)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

Do not coup
Do not coup

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Budzilla posted:

Technically speaking this isn't a coup or a a coup attempt[lol]. Prighozin wanted Shoigu removed from his post. Gerasimov too. Pay attention.

However when you have an autocratic state where all the decisions are left to the guy at the top any change requires a major action if he the boss isn't on board.

In what country do you vote for senior military officials?

e: Maybe

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Frosted Flake posted:

Seems like the time to offer the unstable chef about to lose his private army $6B and see what happens.

Wasn't he already rich?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

does them being incompetent raise or lower the odds of cia involvement

Given the last couple attempts, massively raise

It's all failsons of failsons including the spooks

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Frosted Flake posted:

In what country do you vote for senior military officials?

e: Maybe

Ideally the lovely military officials get kicked out! I am not sure why you are defending Shoigu in keeping his job with the Ukraine disaster?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
lol

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

a sparkling belligerent office seizure maneuver

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

BearsBearsBears posted:

Wasn't he already rich?

How many billionaires do you know that aren't obsessed with money

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Who am I supposed to hug and kiss this morning? Is it still Putin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Critical support for Putin