Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

I would normally want to not bag on a kid who I’m sure loves her dad but holy poo poo the nerve to go after their nerdy looking president

their president is an utter rear end in a top hat who's doing his best to destroy the university tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
My father is not an alcoholic, which is why he agreed to go to rehab? What?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Isn’t a DUI why Huggins got booted from Cincy too?

“My dad’s not an alcoholic, he just has a record of making unfortunate decisions around alcohol”

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

elentar posted:

their president is an utter rear end in a top hat who's doing his best to destroy the university tho

I consider that a credit to him.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

I consider that a credit to him.

You shouldn't.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I’d like to see the university torn brick by brick from this earth.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I’d like to see the university torn brick by brick from this earth.

hope you've got a better reason than sports for wanting something tens of thousands people depend on destroyed, especially in a state that can't really take more hits

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

how dare you imply that my father, who looks like one of those cartoons of a drunk guy from the 1940s with bubbles floating around his head, has an alcohol problem

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

elentar posted:

hope you've got a better reason than sports for wanting something tens of thousands people depend on destroyed, especially in a state that can't really take more hits

they are joking. it is not entirely in seriousness. they are not looking gravely at the Camera imploring all moral citizens to tear WVU down one piece at a time, and render any who seek a job there destitute, homeless, and in despair

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
That’s the oldest excuse in the book…recycling…

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Huggins was clearly punished for trying to clean up Pittsburgh.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

elentar posted:

You can't reason with a Marshall fan, they're already beyond reason.

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
Well, it was fun while it lasted. It sounds like Andy Kennedy is leaving UAB for West Virginia -.-

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Squashy posted:

Well, it was fun while it lasted. It sounds like Andy Kennedy is leaving UAB for West Virginia -.-

Obviously they always deny it before it happens anyway but he is saying it’s not him currently

https://twitter.com/coachak13/status/1671743807820374018?s=46&t=l3BNUY1tDwZOYN9ilB4yAg

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
https://twitter.com/TheDukeNation/status/1672293649743515648?t=OlPgwAqNb9EWWT6iDWnOCQ&s=19

:getin:

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

I would normally want to not bag on a kid who I’m sure loves her dad but holy poo poo the nerve to go after their nerdy looking president

Gordon Gee is a real fucker and has a long history of being a terrible university president.

he's also only in the job in the first place because of Manchin's daughter and her MBA cheating scandal that no one outside of West Virginia has ever heard about or cares about.

e. forgot there was 1 non-disgraced president in between that scandal and Gee but still, gently caress Gee and the Manchin family.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I feel like Gordon Gee sucking and Gordon Gee firing a drunk, racist coach are not related facts.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Probably Magic posted:

I feel like Gordon Gee sucking and Gordon Gee firing a drunk, racist coach are not related facts.

They aren’t. But Gee’s not above a little bit of shame for the way he’s ran the university into the ground, including not just firing Huggins 6 weeks ago when he made another career-ending blunder (yes he doesn’t directly fire Huggins I know but he does have sway over the AD)

WVU has spent a lot of money and time trying to be taken seriously as an academic institution, particularly in research. Acquiescing to the 70 year old basketball coach undercuts that effort. University leadership is lucky that Huggins couldn’t avoid loving himself and gave them another chance

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Did anyone call him Bob Chuggins yet

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Penisaurus Sex posted:

They aren’t. But Gee’s not above a little bit of shame for the way he’s ran the university into the ground, including not just firing Huggins 6 weeks ago when he made another career-ending blunder (yes he doesn’t directly fire Huggins I know but he does have sway over the AD)

WVU has spent a lot of money and time trying to be taken seriously as an academic institution, particularly in research. Acquiescing to the 70 year old basketball coach undercuts that effort. University leadership is lucky that Huggins couldn’t avoid loving himself and gave them another chance

That's a fair point.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1674064314343333888?t=c4ZvVGcu3Wc56vdW83OPDg&s=19

Not as excited by this

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

They all kinda suck, unless there's any with some history I don't know?
https://twitter.com/accmbb/status/1674070168438288393?s=20

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

They all kinda suck, unless there's any with some history I don't know?
https://twitter.com/accmbb/status/1674070168438288393?s=20

'94 certainly counts as history, but 30 years is a bit much.

Still, gently caress Duke.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
They all suck because it's a stupid challenge that isn't Big Ten / ACC

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
bc at vandy lets loving goooooooooo

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Alabama and Clemson is just trolling

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I love whenever random US Sports paraphernalia shows up in KPop videos, and honestly if anyone needed a win this month it’s West Virginia

https://youtu.be/ArmDp-zijuc

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

The saga continues.

https://twitter.com/HoppyKercheval/status/1677853009496113152

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Please reinstate him just to fire him. Letting these guys just resign or retire sucks.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Please reinstate him just to fire him. Letting these guys just resign or retire sucks.

Sadly WVU probably doesn't have the money to do that because of everything else going on in that shitshow of an Athletic Department. If he resigns and they aren't sure they can fire him for cause that's gonna be the easiest thing for them to do.

Still though for Huggins, you apparently need to get your life together. You've got your own problems pretty clearly, you don't need to be doing a lawsuit right now.

e: just for some stuff from the ESPN article about this:

quote:

In his letter, which was obtained by ESPN, David A. Campbell, an attorney representing Huggins, said Huggins' resignation correspondence with the school did not come from him but from his wife, June Huggins. Campbell claims Huggins never gave WVU a "formal" resignation.

"Based on press statements, it appears that WVU is taking the position that Coach Huggins voluntarily resigned and terminated the Employment Agreement in advance of April 30, 2024 (the day his current contract was set to expire)," Campbell wrote. "However, although the press statements purport to have resignation communications directly from Coach Huggins to you and/or the Athletic Director, Coach Huggins has never communicated his resignation to you, the Athletic Director, or anyone at WVU. To the contrary, we understand that the purported 'resignation' is incredibly based on a text message from Coach Huggins' wife."

The university claims that Huggins other lawyers had been working on a resignation agreement with Bob's knowledge up until last Friday, which if they can prove it seems somewhat damning on the 'I didn't resign' part of this. Campbell seems to be completely new and wasn't involved before.

I don't know, draw your own conclusions, but Huggins is never coaching again, at least at WVU.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Jul 9, 2023

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

What an insane flameout.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Probably Magic posted:

What an insane flameout.

he lit up like the many booze filled couches on morgantown lawns

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
it's difficult to overstate just how hosed WVU is financially.

if Huggins manages to win this they don't have the money in the budget to settle and make him go away. He's a belligerent drunk but idk if he's stupid.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I didn't quit, my wife quit for me and you can't trust anything that old witch says

things are going swimmingly for Bob.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/RL_Hoops/status/1677830473601409025

Drooling over here.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Penisaurus Sex posted:

if Huggins manages to win this they don't have the money in the budget to settle and make him go away. He's a belligerent drunk but idk if he's stupid.

they don't have the money to pay him either, even with his homophobia deduction

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I'm sure they have some kind of morals clause they can use to fire him for cause because of the DUI.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

btw WVU now has basically a gag order in place as part a condition of employment to "comply with WVU values" and in particular to "respect the decisions that have been made in the best interest of the university"

https://twitter.com/SCrichlow/status/1676553266602160129

this is in the middle of admin putting fully half of the university units & departments "under review" for slash-and-burn budget cuts

Huggins absolutely knows the school is hosed and is, like every other upper-level admin or employee apparently, just trying to grab his bag out of the fire

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

elentar posted:

btw WVU now has basically a gag order in place as part a condition of employment to "comply with WVU values" and in particular to "respect the decisions that have been made in the best interest of the university"

https://twitter.com/SCrichlow/status/1676553266602160129

this is in the middle of admin putting fully half of the university units & departments "under review" for slash-and-burn budget cuts

Huggins absolutely knows the school is hosed and is, like every other upper-level admin or employee apparently, just trying to grab his bag out of the fire

https://twitter.com/ethanbock_/status/1678542795785502720?s=61&t=p3q_Jh3l7EiiLtw3f9k_8Q

At this point his legal hope is that either WVU is lying about all of this, which is insane because there’s no way a public university’s legal department would say any of this without verifiable proof, or that his wife and former legal counsel were committing fraud and putting his name to poo poo he didn’t agree with, while somehow gaslighting him into going into work and acting like he was quitting

Since both of these are almost certainly not true, I think the only reasonable explanation left is that Huggins is desperately trying for a cash grab now that he knows the bridge is fully burned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
have you considered that he might just still be on the same bender?