Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I get that Americans are self-centred and deeply unintelligent but can you stfu about your politics while this is going on?

Not if youre gonna ask like that

Sorry we're not all as magnanimous and intelligent as the great European countries like Hungary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

:sickos:
https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1672536930725117952?t=rDZAosvzMITMk0g5PTq_4A&s=19

Full tweet text:

A call to overthrow Lukashenko regime:

"Either we take this historic chance, or we will lose everything," Valery Sakhashchyk, founder of the 1st Airmobile Battalion within the Ukrainian Armed Forces and head of the National Security Department within the United Transitional Cabinet of Democratic Forces in Belarus, appealed to the Belarusian military.

Rides Naked
Jun 4, 2006

Program, Whale, Program
Unconfirmed of course

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1672579404147441664

i do like the image of these various paramilitary columns sweeping the BMP cushions for loose rubles to use at the toll plaze

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TEMPO TEMPO TEMPO

Mokotow posted:

Haha

“How stupid can you be? Alina Lipp, a Putin propagandist: YES!”

" So this is a military, um, internal war, you could call it and, um, we've seen a video where Prigozhin is talking to someone from the MoD and, um, it was a civil conversation."

:discourse:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

"I wonder what's happening in the Ukraine thre--..."

:stare:

What the gently caress is going on?!?!?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Reminder that the hornets nest kicking we are seeing has global implications
https://twitter.com/notaterrornerd/status/1672558705026428928?t=XFUr7m7G4HCxgvtxZBcjhw&s=19
https://twitter.com/notaterrornerd/status/1672560298480357383?t=9SBMHgKcrPMhhX8taF4alg&s=19

(Tweeter is someone I've followed for a long time who's had some uhhh interesting travel gigs)

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Haha, I envy you. Enjoy catching up!

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Another slapfight between posting enemies has escaped the thread and now they're couping Moscow.

Mods?!

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

tl;dr is Prigozhin attempting a coup. Has captured Rostov, has been doing stuff north of Rotov for a while. Russia is in chaos. Reportedly government officials are fleeing to St. Petersburg as Moscow has entrenchments and fortifications being built for it.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
update on 3 day SMO - going great

https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1672580674321108995

comment on Wagner's strengths - RU army is too slow

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1672580127807483906

indeed

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1672580007309332480

Peskov confirming Putin fled to Petersburg

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1672581859815960577

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Autisanal Cheese posted:

This must have been months in the preparation.

And nobody in the Kremlin had any loving idea?

lots of people probably suspected something, hell lots of people called prigozhin turning on putin months/a year ago. but the problem with dictatorships is while it seems obvious on the outside, nobody wants to give the dictator bad news and nobody wants to take initiative. so it's sometimes easier to put these kind of plots in motion.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Try to watch without wondering because nobody truly understands what is happening today or what it might mean for the future.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Cops on deck to help set up machine gun positions

https://twitter.com/christogrozev/status/1672577469507837954?t=_E4FxK_6dYo_ZZwR0eGW3g&s=19

Seems bad, I dunno

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lol

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

KitConstantine posted:

Reminder that the hornets nest kicking we are seeing has global implications
https://twitter.com/notaterrornerd/status/1672558705026428928?t=XFUr7m7G4HCxgvtxZBcjhw&s=19
https://twitter.com/notaterrornerd/status/1672560298480357383?t=9SBMHgKcrPMhhX8taF4alg&s=19

(Tweeter is someone I've followed for a long time who's had some uhhh interesting travel gigs)

I assume Candians means Canadians. Which uh, interesting company for us to be lumped with and also, of loving course our loving country is trying our hand at colonialism.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lmao, I will never get tired of this joke

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Don't skip anything

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

GABA ghoul posted:

Lmao, I will never get tired of this joke

It's coming back in a big way

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

NoiseAnnoys posted:

lots of people probably suspected something, hell lots of people called prigozhin turning on putin months/a year ago. but the problem with dictatorships is while it seems obvious on the outside, nobody wants to give the dictator bad news and nobody wants to take initiative. so it's sometimes easier to put these kind of plots in motion.

Prighozin has been all but saying he was thinking of doing something like this for awhile, but I assumed it was just hot air.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Putin confirmed fleeing Moscow is beautiful. That is the defining moment of his life. The moment he could potentially die and his political career is threatened Putin runs like a coward. I hate that scum like Prigozhin has delivered this gift but I'll somehow live with it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is it confirmed though? I've seen some images of a plane that he's allegedly fleeing from Moscow on but thus far it's a rumour afaik.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

It'll probably start having an affect as soon as the army realises there's nobody there to command them. With Putin on the run and Gerasimov maybe out of action, it won't take long.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Is it confirmed though? I've seen some images of a plane that he's allegedly fleeing from Moscow on but thus far it's a rumour afaik.

It’s literally the presidential plane, like AF1, and it’s on publicly available sources shown flying out of Moscow to St. Pete’s. while no one has seen Putin board it, it would be highly unusual for his personal plane to be flying away from where he’s at.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

It's irrelevant if it's true or not if people believe it to be true.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

KitConstantine posted:

It's coming back in a big way

Moscow in 3 days or Moscow in 3 hours. If they're 100km away they could be there in that time in an APC.

How close did the Germans get to it last time?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Also Peskov said he has not left.

Which, you know

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

-Everything- Peskov says has been a lie. That's pretty much all the confirmation I need. Its less taking their word for it and more at this point you expect it's the opposite of what he's saying until absolutely proven otherwise.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Where are all the dumb fucks who said that Russia's nazi problem can't be compared to Ukraine's because their nazis are not at the highest eschelons lmao

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

Prighozin has been all but saying he was thinking of doing something like this for awhile, but I assumed it was just hot air.

it probably was until he spotted weakness and took advantage of it. who knows if he read it correctly?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Terminally Bored posted:

Where are all the dumb fucks who said that Russia's nazi problem can't be compared to Ukraine's because their nazis are not at the highest eschelons lmao

Tbh, for all of Putin's blood and soil rambling and culture war pronouns bullshit, he is basically a nazi already. Hate to break it.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Randarkman posted:

Tbh, for all of Putin's blood and soil rambling and culture war pronouns bullshit, he is basically a nazi already. Hate to break it.

I know. Got probed lotsa times in some other parts of the forums for saying that, too.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

From Meduza:

quote:

Wagner Group veterans have been told to wait for the go-ahead to join the uprising, according to the independent outlet iStories.

“We’re waiting for the official order from [Prigozhin]. The Russian National Guard and the army are refusing to obey orders, and we’ve been ordered to stand by in full combat readiness. There should be an order on further actions closer to lunchtime,” said on former member who fought in Ukraine.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Mokotow posted:

It’s literally the presidential plane, like AF1, and it’s on publicly available sources shown flying out of Moscow to St. Pete’s. while no one has seen Putin board it, it would be highly unusual for his personal plane to be flying away from where he’s at.

You do not send the presidential plane away without you being on it.

He's fled to St Petersburg. When Qaddafi had to flee Tripoli, he's days were numbered.

His only hope is that Russian Aviation can roll a double-6 and get the kill.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Good to see you back, Kit.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Nelson Mandingo posted:

-Everything- Peskov says has been a lie. That's pretty much all the confirmation I need. Its less taking their word for it and more at this point you expect it's the opposite of what he's saying until absolutely proven otherwise.

It's all so hosed up. To watch a nation potentially fall apart is such a bizarre experience given what I've been indoctrinated to believe about nation states.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Comstar posted:

His only hope is that Russian Aviation can roll a double-6 and get the kill.

Even if his troops do put down the rebellion, Putin's still finished, isn't he? After all, for someone who constantly tries to project strength and control, an uprising this bad has to be his death knell, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

i can't speak for all of slavdom, but there's a fair amount of schadenfreude in seeing russia invade itself for once.