Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

MegaZeroX posted:

From Meduza:

that sounds like a really bad plan, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what
That sounds like a cry for help to me.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm trying to think what other major world power could a column of rebel tanks roll right into the capital and not be vaporized the moment they switched directions.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

lol Putin gonna be putin a coffin

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1672583887380180993

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1672585155477684225

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1672589918588092416

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I'm trying to think what other major world power could a column of rebel tanks roll right into the capital and not be vaporized the moment they switched directions.

Inshallah we'll live to find out.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Oryx is a man of focus, commitment, sheer will. :black101:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Isn't there supposed to be a Kadyrov relief column rushing towards Moscow?

Any news on that

Also maximum 'comedy' option. Kadyrov decides 'Welp. Good time to launch my coup attempt'.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

MegaZeroX posted:

From Meduza:

If they can actually make it to Moscow, poo poo is going to go off the rails. Assuming that Wagner truely has thousands of troops, it will take tens of thousands of troops to dislodge them and require major urban warfare in the streets of Moscow.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I'm constantly impressed by the Russian people and how little of a poo poo they give about everything around them.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Deptfordx posted:

Isn't there supposed to be a Kadyrov relief column rushing towards Moscow?

Any news on that

Also maximum 'comedy' option. Kadyrov decides 'Welp. Good time to launch my coup attempt'.

No its going to Rostov. And it is continuing to go, apparently.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Tune out of the news for one day, and it goes from slow gains made by Ukraine in Zaporizhzhia to Wagner potentially fighting in the outskirts of Moscow before the day is through. Wowzers.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

In any world power where the whole army is busy somewhere else.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

confused posted:

If they can actually make it to Moscow, poo poo is going to go off the rails. Assuming that Wagner truely has thousands of troops, it will take tens of thousands of troops to dislodge them and require major urban warfare in the streets of Moscow.

I doubt that's going to happen. Putin's escaped, there's nobody to die for. Moscow will roll over and give up at first contact.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Liveuamap/status/1672590528288792577

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Deptfordx posted:

Kadyrov depends on Putin giving him money. Wagner isn't going to care and will want him gone.

Kadyrov has to go all in or he's going to be getting on a plane to escape his collapsing empire too.

Right now it looks like Wagnar will get to Moscow first before Kadyrov get's to Rostov.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Nowher posted:

The speed at which this is happening is blowing my mind.

What's that quote? "There are years where nothing happens, and there are weeks (days) where decades happen."

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
So P takes Moscow and then...

You really can't necessarily come back from a rebel army taking your capital. It's like a death sentence for any nation

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

Oldsmobile posted:

I doubt that's going to happen. Putin's escaped, there's nobody to die for. Moscow will roll over and give up at first contact.

Yes. I wasn't talking about them taking Moscow, I was talking about what it will take to get them out of Moscow once they do. I don't imagine that they'd leave of their own accord.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

erdogan needs to learn to read the loving room.

also having a really dark chuckle at all the ways that russia tried to hide the war from the moscow/petersburg and now it's all anyone can see.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

MegaZeroX posted:

From Meduza:

Yep, aligns with my theory that there is nothing but scattered and lightly armed forces between Wagner and Moscow and they need to basically mobilize and consolidate a bunch of forces before they can mount any kind of defense.

If Prig is smart he presses as much as he can now.

Oldsmobile posted:

The idea is that if Wagner takes it, Putin will probably want to take it back and would need a TON of force to do so.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Seth Pecksniff posted:

You really can't necessarily come back from a rebel army taking your capital. It's like a death sentence for any nation

yeah man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_of_Washington

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Is Putin planning to let Wagner besiege Moscow, and then counterattack and crush the rebellion later?

That's a loving awful plan. You are letting your capital city fall while you drink wine in Tver?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Chocobo posted:

Just so I'm on the right page, are we cheering for the nazi or the dictator in this conflict? I the nazi wins, nazis are back. If the dictator wins, he'll probably have to acknowledge that the Ukraine thing just isn't going to happen? Which is the lesser evil?

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol: that Joe loving Biden of all people has destroyed Putin's Russia and cowed China into submission without firing a shot, because their own state media gave the entire loving regimes brainstorms about how unstoppable and manipulative the US is.

For gently caress sake guys, we elected Trunp, how smart and powerful do you think we are? :psyduck:

Only Trump could have stopped this from happening.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

wilderthanmild posted:

Yep, aligns with my theory that there is nothing but scattered and lightly armed forces between Wagner and Moscow and they need to basically mobilize and consolidate a bunch of forces before they can mount any kind of defense.

The idea is that if Wagner takes it, Putin will probably want to take it back and would need a TON of force to do so.

Especially since the Russian army can't use their primary form of urban combat, ie, flattening the city with artillery.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Most nations then :mad:

Also technically the British didn't take it, they just burned it :colbert:

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Magyar enjoying every minute of this:

https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1672578245772947456

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Ahahahaha, Ukraine is actually going to have to eventually nvade Russia just to stabilize this mess, aren't they? This rules. Kieven Rus, baby.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Popcorn..... for breakfast??

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Right now the super blown out 10-hour version of Running in the 90s is being blared across all radio lines in the Wagner column as krokodil-head drivers swerve all over the road in fast motion towards Moscow

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Seth Pecksniff posted:

lol if Putin's play is to quickly pass some law that makes St. Petersburg the new capital

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1672557378137468931

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1672591387106111490

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

confused posted:

Yes. I wasn't talking about them taking Moscow, I was talking about what it will take to get them out of Moscow once they do. I don't imagine that they'd leave of their own accord.

Oh, sorry. Yes, agreed. However doubt there'll be anyone to try that even.

wilderthanmild posted:

I'm going to jump ahead here and say Putin was hosed the moment he got on the plane out of Moscow.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hey man, the Romans lost the entire city their society was named after and still lasted another 1,000 years.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Seth Pecksniff posted:

What are you talking about, St. Petersburg is the capital. Always has been. What is this Moscow you are talking about

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

From Meduza:

quote:

A convoy of Wagner Group fighters has been spotted in the village of Krasnoye in Russia’s Lipetsk district (based on video geolocated by Meduza). An eyewitness from the area confirmed having seen people in unmarked camouflage uniforms.

According to Google Maps, Krasnoye is about 400 kilometers (or about 250 miles) from Moscow.

RunningOnEmpty
Nov 1, 2005
Because I work hard for the money...bitch.
woke up this morning, and i didn't think i'd be watching russia invade it self. Just goes to show, huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

NoiseAnnoys posted:

also having a really dark chuckle at all the ways that russia tried to hide the war from the moscow/petersburg and now it's all anyone can see.

Has anyone seen any reports about what ordinary Russians know about all this, or what they likely think about it? I know there's the old trope about Russians being conditioned to be apolitical, but this has got to be making some sort of impression, right?