Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Agile Vector posted:

i still haven't really gone back after doing all the depths lightroots, i'm dreading/excited for the shrines

the shrine quality is a step above botw, I think I've had like one bum shrine out of the ~115 i've done. even the combat shrines are unique and interesting this time around. there's just so loving many

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
doing all the shrines is some insane ubisoft 100% poo poo. they're fine but why would you do like 200 of them or however many of them there are, they basically follow 3 repeating patterns

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Mr. Crow posted:

doing all the shrines is some insane ubisoft 100% poo poo. they're fine but why would you do like 200 of them or however many of them there are, they basically follow 3 repeating patterns

cause the big korok guy gives you a poop trophy and calls you a shut in, which is pretty fulfilling

e: thats for seeds, but the principle stands

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i appreciate it when games give you a really stupid trophy for being a 100% completionist.

i've only done it once, in batman arkham knight. i 100%ed the game and all the DLCs in normal and NG+ on max difficulty and i got a solid gold batsuit.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Armitag3 posted:

cause the big korok guy gives you a poop trophy and calls you a shut in, which is pretty fulfilling

e: thats for seeds, but the principle stands

lmao i gotta look this up

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dioxazine posted:

i don't understand your new av, ait

i think its saying that i should i should be hung for posting cooking comically comics in the cspam pictures thread

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

quiggy posted:

the shrine quality is a step above botw, I think I've had like one bum shrine out of the ~115 i've done. even the combat shrines are unique and interesting this time around. there's just so loving many

its fun to look up how they should be done aand realize you cheesed it because you have 3 bars of stamina and random parts like rockets

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

AnimeIsTrash posted:

its fun to look up how they should be done aand realize you cheesed it because you have 3 bars of stamina and random parts like rockets

the one three rails one everyone seems to have trouble with i cheesed by hopping off and standing accidentally perfectly to walk slowly down one rail spur leaning the stick to the left while being on the right outer edge. I've done several with cheesed solutions but feel like the designers expected it because they didn't stop me from doing them

and I agree, the shrine design is really good in totk. I wasn't even a fan of the combat ones initially, but with more health the challenge becomes more about timing and cleverness and they all became a lot more fun

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

its quite good

i can corroborate this

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

but is it unreal tournament good?

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
the problem with the last 20 or so shrines is that they’re mostly just “walk back this gem” or “wacky cave navigation” that ends with a rauro’s blessing. the fun puzzle shrines are set out where you’ll run across them organically.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

finding a crystal shrine before i got gud was really frustrating lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

haveblue posted:

building rovers in ksp was always fun

too bad I burned out on the game before they added stock dynamic parts
the "problem" i always had with ksp is it being mostly a make-your-own-fun affair. fine if you're into that stuff, but personally I engage better with games that present specific problems for the player to solve

so far Mars First Logistics has got me well-sorted on that mark what with all the awkward loads. and not-so-awkward; never thought it'd be a 2 hour challenge to make a rover to lift a box up onto a head-height shelf, but there I was :v:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

one of the very first shrines i did was the skydiving shrine that's over lanayru, it took me like half an hour to get to it because my only solution method was balloons, sleds, logs, and fire fruit

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i think its saying that i should i should be hung for posting cooking comically comics in the cspam pictures thread
fwiw what you're doing there is pretty funny imo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
ps+ gamepass refreshed with a good bunch of new stuff this past week. rogue legacy 2 is doing it for me currently

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Kenny Logins posted:

ps+ gamepass refreshed with a good bunch of new stuff this past week. rogue legacy 2 is doing it for me currently
been playing that again recently too. i am haaard stuck on the fifth boss atm because i can't cheese it all with valkyrie :cry:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

okay, that's pretty good

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Hurrah to ashes, marines

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

"clumsy" yeah that's about right lol

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Ciaphas posted:

"clumsy" yeah that's about right lol

No trauma is also looking fishy for anyone posting in the 'pos

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i volunteer

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Captain Foo posted:

i volunteer

Sure but you need to start as a private first, its only fair

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i hope kenny will be ok

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Armitag3 posted:

Hurrah to ashes, marines

"no trauma" I wish!!!!!!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Armitag3 posted:

Sure but you need to start as a private first, its only fair

hahaha

also i look enough like kenny’s character except my hair color is light brown and if ballcaps and/or aviators are options i would like them

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

dioxazine posted:

i hope kenny will be ok

I regret to inform that Kenny and Ciaphas just died fighting the alien queen

but because the rest of the squad got killed afterwards trying to save a god damned veterinarian, I have to start the whole mission over, so it's a mulligan for those two

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Kenny Logins posted:

fwiw what you're doing there is pretty funny imo

:cheers:

i laugh everytime i see the comics too

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

how does forbid work with addictions in rimworld? if i forbid flake, will my flake addict still try to use it?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

they'll eventually go into withdrawal and have a break which usually results in a binge

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Armitag3 posted:

I regret to inform that Kenny and Ciaphas just died fighting the alien queen

but because the rest of the squad got killed afterwards trying to save a god damned veterinarian, I have to start the whole mission over, so it's a mulligan for those two

TIME PARADOX

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dioxazine posted:

they'll eventually go into withdrawal and have a break which usually results in a binge

weird, i wonder if i have a stack of flake somewhere that isn't forbidden

is there a way to search for an object in game or will i have to install a mod for that

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm not sure if vanilla has a map search function, but i've been using Allow Tool since b19 to get global selection

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

beach fun with your bro

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rp9inx1LHG1tawt89.mp4

this is why they have the No Diving signs at the shallow end of the pool

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

looks like little jones and i are gonna be at nintendo live in seattle over labor day weekend. we won tickets to sunday. cool.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

NoneMoreNegative posted:

beach fun with your bro

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rp9inx1LHG1tawt89.mp4

this is why they have the No Diving signs at the shallow end of the pool

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dioxazine posted:

i'm not sure if vanilla has a map search function, but i've been using Allow Tool since b19 to get global selection

oh wtf i didnt know allow tool did this

also figured it out, he had a bunch of flake on him lol

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Fanatical have a preorder discount of 19% on STARFIELD right now, normally I would not be buying a Bethesda game at launch, but thats not a bad coupon.

Premium: https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/starfield-premium-edition

Regular: https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/starfield

idk if the Premium is worth the extra, its basically 1 extra story DLC 'when it releases' and a few skins / digital artbook.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Rousing success

Kenny was promoted to MEDIC, since as a Canadian he's more of a lover than a fighter

Ciaphas survived and decided to go back to computer touching

Hey quiggy, you ever been confused for a man?
No, have you?
(gunners have bad rear end smart guns and are alien killing machines)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Armitag3 posted:

Ciaphas survived and decided to go back to computer touching

i just can't stay away from the things, can i :negative: