Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Biplane posted:

My dang 'puters done gotten electrocursed!!!

You's the devil what brought computorized viral shame to our town!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Kevin Bacon posted:

i can tuyope 100 wpom no propblem

This is how I type in Deep Rock Galactic now, it's very upsetting

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

it coworker: oh hey you are back early
me : computer's haunted
it coworker: what?
me: *loading a pistol and heading back out* computer's haunted

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I pranked an old coworker by installing an embedded QNX system over his Windows install. He spent like 3 weeks trying to get it to do anything. He got Proton up and from there was able to bootstrap into a Windows VM and was eventually able to convince my (now ex) wife to move in with him. He did find it funny though!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

quite a lot to unpack there

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

SLOSifl posted:

I pranked an old coworker by installing an embedded QNX system over his Windows install. He spent like 3 weeks trying to get it to do anything. He got Proton up and from there was able to bootstrap into a Windows VM and was eventually able to convince my (now ex) wife to move in with him. He did find it funny though!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

quite a lot to unpack there

>gunzip *.*

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

SLOSifl posted:

Needed a partner for penetration testing eh?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Can y'all please post some pics in with your computer prank chit chat?

:thanks:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

That's the wine that makes you pugilistic.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
No that would have a boxer on it duhdoy

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

do many people itt read text only posts?

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

ChubbyChecker posted:

do many people itt read text only posts?

yours is the first one I've read

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

I'm mostly just mad that it's a mix of parts of speech

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Gra. Ph. IcD. E-Sign. Ismy. P. rear end. Ion.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Layout aside, one of these things is not like the others.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Tyonin - this is some game of thrones poo poo, I think

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

Antigravitas posted:

Someone mildly savvy having a few minutes of access to my work PC unlocked is a nightmare scenario, especially so if my password manager is unlocked.

Like, "everyone gets to change their passwords, all keys revoked" nightmare.

Yeah, me too. With the level of access I have, the wrong person in control of my unlocked PC could do a LOT of damage.

That level of access also means that if they ever decide to fire me or even lay me off, it will be an ambush and they will walk me out immediately. They can’t risk the damage I could cause if I were pissed off enough to not care about the legal consequences.

Azathoth Prime has a new favorite as of 03:12 on Jun 25, 2023

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Azathoth Prime posted:

Yeah, me too. With the level of access I have, the wrong person in control of my unlocked PC could do a LOT of damage.

That level of access also means that if they ever decide to fire me or even lay me off, it will be an ambush and they will walk me out immediately. They can’t risk the damage I could cause if I were pissed off enough to not care about the legal consequences.

At my former hospital, typing the company name as a Windows username with no password got you admin access. It also assigned multiple servers as network drives, letting you know the names of our main file server, production EMR server, print server, etc, all of which were completely open. Everyone had write access. There were PCs everywhere, even in the dining center full of patients.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Can't spell Live Love Laugh without Slaughter! :yayclod:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I want just the sign that says rear end rear end in

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
https://i.imgur.com/PHkKHeA.mp4

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Beve Stuscemi posted:

I want just the sign that says rear end rear end in

Needs one more rear end.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

So that's where he fell from during the intro.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

That's that one quote from Excalibur, right?

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Fors Yard posted:

So that's where he fell from during the intro.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Thinkin' 'bout that sign every time somebody posts one of those "my boyfriend thinks it's gay to wipe after pooping" or "it's normal for chairs to smell like poop" or "why do my boyfriend's underwear have massive brown stains in them?" reddit posts.

"Fellas, is it gay to let your girlfriend push your orgasm button?"

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I missed the keyboard chat but just to close the loop on the thread title

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why's he dressed like the dragon of dojima

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Alucard posted:

I missed the keyboard chat but just to close the loop on the thread title

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Finding out that mavis beacon was a character created to sell software and not some internationally beloved typing legend like john madden to football was devastating

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Finding out that mavis beacon was a character created to sell software and not some internationally beloved typing legend like john madden to football was devastating

Yes. It just happened to me.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder if there was anyone who worked on Beacon and that made them think everyone else with a game series was fake too.

"Tiger Woods? Way too on the nose. Like if we had replaced Beacon with Alicia Keys fer chrissakes."

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/utXfXnL.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Wait until you hear the truth about Carmen Sandiego