Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Harrow posted:

Sounds to me like it’s time to spend an embarrassing amount of consecutive hours playing your Civilization game of choice

OP asked for games that they’d enjoy, not something to hate-play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

Outpost22 posted:

As I'm getting older my sight, reflexes, and tolerance for bullshit has all got to poo poo. What are some games that I probably would enjoy nowadays?

sims 2 or 3

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Outpost22 posted:

As I'm getting older my sight, reflexes, and tolerance for bullshit has all got to poo poo. What are some games that I probably would enjoy nowadays?

Townscaper

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
Mallow is a really good character.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

Battletech is pretty good

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Fighting Elegy posted:

once you get the cymbals he's pretty good

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Fighting Elegy posted:

Mario/Mallow/Toadstool. Always

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Outpost22 posted:

You can be one of those old people who retires, then starts playing an obscure German Simulation game about doing the thing you spent your entire career doing, including dropping tens of thousands of dollars into building a custom simulator rig so that you can never give up the joys of working for hours on end every day

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

LiterallyATomato posted:

Mario/Mallow/Toadstool. Always

gotta get bowser some levels. gently caress Geno

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Outpost22 posted:

Vampire Survivors.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Vampire Survivors.

I’m 54 and I love playing Vampire Survivors. My first video game was Pong on a black and white TV.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Or just keep playing Fallout: New Vegas. You can become king of the wasteland before you leave Primm

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
FF16 owns so much holy poo poo

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

fridge corn posted:

Wrong thread. Go back to the PS5 thread.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Mario/Bowser/Toadstool no room for the crybaby or pantsless OC get lost new guys! Bowser and Mario are teaming up! And they're not hanging with anyone but Toadstool.

fridge corn posted:

I was just going to give it a shot and just realized its a PS5 exclusive. I thought we were over this and PC would get everything now days and just took it for granted. How am I going to spend all my time complaining that new FF games don't live up to my childhood memories?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Nice Van My Man posted:

Mario/Bowser/Toadstool no room for the crybaby or pantsless OC get lost new guys! Bowser and Mario are teaming up! And they're not hanging with anyone but Toadstool.

Bowser has officially completed her transition into Bowsette, she's in a relationship with Mario now

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I watched (don't have a PS5) the FF16 demo and was extremely bored.

Nice Van My Man posted:

I was just going to give it a shot and just realized its a PS5 exclusive. I thought we were over this and PC would get everything now days and just took it for granted. How am I going to spend all my time complaining that new FF games don't live up to my childhood memories?

Give it two years.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Never got people complaining that they couldn’t play games as well as when they were kids since for me it’s the opposite. I absolutely sucked balls as a kid compared to now. I have actual hand eye coordination now.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

itry posted:

Give it two years.

But I want it now!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I was really good at FPS and RTS games in my teens and 20s, now I'm worse at those but better at just about everything else. It's a good tradeoff imo

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

But I want it now!

Play Stranger of Paradise instead.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nice Van My Man posted:

it'll probably be on pc in eighteen months or less.

it'll probably have a brutal memory leak and the official square enix fix will be "please extend your page file to an arbitrarily large multiple of two, maybe 256gb???"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

itry posted:

Play Stranger of Paradise instead.

Nahh. Don't want to

itry
Aug 23, 2019

You can go to bed hungry then.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

itry posted:

You can go to bed hungry then.

remember when that was a real threat?
neither do I

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I will turn this car around, for real.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

itry posted:

I will turn this car around, for real.

That's it! Back to Winnipeg!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Devil May Cry (2013) is the best devil may cry game

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Devil May Cry (2013) is the best devil may cry game

I totally forgot that game existed. Who's bad idea was that game?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

itry posted:

I watched (don't have a PS5) the FF16 demo and was extremely bored.

Give it two years.

Give it a year actually.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Imagine watching a demo.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

galagazombie posted:

Never got people complaining that they couldn’t play games as well as when they were kids since for me it’s the opposite. I absolutely sucked balls as a kid compared to now. I have actual hand eye coordination now.

It's funnier when they say it's because they have kids now. Why blame innocents?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

Imagine watching a demo.

Now don't laugh, but, look at this guy who never had a PlayStation

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Now don't laugh, but, look at this guy who never had a PlayStation

Nothing wrong w/ that. That entire generation was garbage at the time and still is. PC Gaming was way way ahead until the next gen.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
My cousin had a playstation and my dads office got a free subscription to some magazine that had demo discs in it and it was always fun to go over to her house and try out the random game demos. The playable ones. The ones you just sorta watched were the worst we skipped that trap

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

Nothing wrong w/ that. That entire generation was garbage at the time and still is. PC Gaming was way way ahead until the next gen.

whoa. calm down. was just laughing at that you never got a demo disk

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah Gen X sucked poo poo

e: oh yeah the consoles, them too i guess

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

like I can't think of a single PS1 game that I'd want to play today. N64 sucked rear end too, just universally terrible trash games

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
:shrug: never owned a PS1 or a N64, I played the PC ports of Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy 7. I regret nothing :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The best games on PSX/N64 were the 2D ones