Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mikojan posted:

what about the tiktok brigade?

They just rolled up for a chance to look tough and then just thumbed their phones for a few hours on the sideline?

Made some sick new videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Biden called and told them the heat was off Hunter so they could stop fighting now.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

They're turning around now? Has anyone contacted Hunter to see if he approves?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

What in the hell has been going on in the background during the day.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
If Prigozhin got the concessions he wanted, it means he's the de facto leader of Russia. He has a veto over all military policy.

I have no loving idea what that means for Ukraine. Or Russia. I'm guessing it's bad.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Putin's daughter to be kept in residence for future Wagner Chiefs to claim legitimacy from, blessed by the holy relics of the the russian state the T-34, an AK-47, and a bottle of vodka.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Barudak posted:

I cannot fathom this isn't a tacit or explicit "Prig is the Putin Successor"

Aren't they like, the same age?

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

CommissarMega posted:

Isn't this still a clear victory for Prigozhin? Sure, he's not the new tsar, but he still got what he wanted, right?

Really seems like all he's done is give Putin time to organize a response on a timeline of his choosing and avoid the duress of an occupied Moscow.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Love the people saying ending a potential coup that would terminate the presidency of Putin is itself the reason that will terminate the presidency of Putin. Like, what rulebook are you guys operating from? What is the correlation? You guys have to come up with this stuff from somewhere. Yeah its a really bad look, and I don't know how you extrapolate more than that

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Barudak posted:

Putin's daughter to be kept in residence for future Wagner Chiefs to claim legitimacy from, blessed by the holy relics of the the russian state the T-34, an AK-47, and a bottle of vodka.

Don't forget the fish cubes!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

Isn't this still a clear victory for Prigozhin? Sure, he's not the new tsar, but he still got what he wanted, right?

It's probably better for him this way. Got to embarrass Putin and an unbelievable scale and he doesn't have to deal with the headache of actually having to run Russia.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Benson Cunningham posted:

Really seems like all he's done is give Putin time to organize a response on a timeline of his choosing and avoid the duress of an occupied Moscow.
And likely stopped the “PMCs get folded into the MoD on July 1” order.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Wait he actually got concessions from Russia? Lol. I can't wait to read the 57 post thread about how this is actually good for Russia.

Seems like Shoigu and Gerasimov belong to Wagner now. Any guesses on how they will be dealt with? A nice permanent stay at a dacha? Or the end of a rope?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

William Bear posted:

If Prigozhin got the concessions he wanted, it means he's the de facto leader of Russia. He has a veto over all military policy.

I have no loving idea what that means for Ukraine. Or Russia. I'm guessing it's bad.

Bad for Russia. Highly likely it's good for Ukraine.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

CommissarMega posted:

Absolutely nothing about this situation is clear, except what it says about Russia's stability: nothing good.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
If the Russian MOD gets replaced by Wagner leaders they're in charge, and they don't have to try this again. Putin can stay in power with their support and the war just gets bigger and more genocidal.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

I mean yeah, if it's legit he kinda publicly controls Putin's decision making.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Oldsmobile posted:

Seems like Shoigu and Gerasimov belong to Wagner now. Any guesses on how they will be dealt with? A nice permanent stay at a dacha? Or the end of a rope?

:redhammer:

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

MiddleOne posted:

Not to mention the foreground. Or everything inbetween.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Wow, what a ride. Have the Russians hosed off back to Russia yet?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

MiddleOne posted:

a submarine imploded

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

That would be brutal af.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Aren't they like, the same age?

Prig is a sprightly 8 years younger than Putin.

He also doesn't have a lot of tragic diseases that even if they don't kill him will, as of this afternoon, require Putin to remain in an isolated, remote location under careful watch of Wagner troops

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Well can't wait to see wtf I'm going to wake up to tomorrow

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Zelensky and the leader of Belarus' opposition in exile are putting out statements.

https://twitter.com/ZelenskyyUa/status/1672662657881571332
https://twitter.com/Tsihanouskaya/status/1672664677191483393

William Bear fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jun 24, 2023

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shoigu is fukken dead as hell, imo.

And not like, a window accident dead but a publically denounced execution kind of dead.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

smoobles posted:

a submarine imploded

huge week for implosions

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Oldsmobile posted:

Wagner seems partial to sledgehammers.

Scarodactyl posted:

Absolutely nothing about this situation is clear, except what it says about Russia's stability: nothing good.

Putin just acquiesced to terrorists. Prighozin now knows that Putin is a weak little bitch who will do whatever he wants.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Also I would expect that the guy who wants more bloodshed in Ukraine to use his new MoD status to really ramp up the recruiting for more bloodshed in Ukraine.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

parthenocarpy posted:

Love the people saying ending a potential coup that would terminate the presidency of Putin is itself the reason that will terminate the presidency of Putin. Like, what rulebook are you guys operating from? What is the correlation? You guys have to come up with this stuff from somewhere. Yeah its a really bad look, and I don't know how you extrapolate more than that

Putin apparently capitulating to Wagner's demands to reshuffle the MOD does not bode well for his strong man image. Putin rules by fear and at this point more than a few people must be thinking "if this Wagner dude can pull a stunt like this unopposed and get what he wants, maybe I can rock the boat as well"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Desperately trying to keep caught up on the thread by swallowing it 200 posts at a time while it leaps ahead faster than I can scroll, meanwhile loading cnn.com in another window and it tells me it's all over? Which obviously doesn't mean "back to the status quo of 4 days ago" drat this is all going down fast

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

lmao history is being written before your eyes and your recommendation is to watch anime? what's wrong with people

:f5:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Generally in strong man regimes once you capitulate the other dudes who you have kept in check will accurately realize, oh, the guy to fear is the dude who just told you to gently caress off.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

This isn't over lol

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Regional commanders have been stockpiling for a couple months now knowing that turmoil was going to come as the war became grammar and grimmer.

Catching up just to lol at this but not at the rest of the content because it is good

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Deltasquid posted:

Putin apparently capitulating to Wagner's demands to reshuffle the MOD does not bode well for his strong man image. Putin rules by fear and at this point more than a few people must be thinking "if this Wagner dude can pull a stunt like this unopposed and get what he wants, maybe I can rock the boat as well"

That's why Prigozhin is going to turn up dead within a few weeks time. I just can't really see another outcome.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

https://twitter.com/i/status/1672673430200635392

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1672663956307968001

Oldsmobile fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 24, 2023

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

we'll call you the pig whisperer

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

parthenocarpy posted:

It's happened before. Once you have one plausible coup, everybody else starts thinking "Hmm, the government CAN be overthrown." As mentioned elsewhere in the thread, the Russian Revolution of 1905 failed, but it also destroyed the credibility of the Tsarist government. The Tsar was forced to make some (fairly minor) concessions, but the point was that he did make concessions. At that point, he was no longer the absolute monarch.

Per Wikipedia: Vladimir Lenin, a revolutionary himself, would later say that the Revolution of 1905 was "The Great Dress Rehearsal", without which the "victory of the October Revolution in 1917 would have been impossible".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Burt posted:

The thing I can't fathom is just exactly WHERE they are going to turn round and return too, because I am pretty sure if they got out of there they won't want to be heading back to Ukraine.

This is where you may see your mutiny.

"Okay boys, back to the meat-grinder!"