Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

smarxist posted:

Any decent single player survival FPS games that have come out recently?

i don't want to base build too much/at all, mostly just roam a big land, maybe scavenge a gun and craft some poo poo and just find my way or w/e

Have you played STALKER Gamma my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

smarxist posted:

i don't want to base build too much/at all, mostly just roam a big land, maybe scavenge a gun and craft some poo poo and just find my way or w/e

stalker gamma op

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

my bony fealty posted:

Have you played STALKER Gamma my dude

hell yeah buddy

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

smarxist posted:

Fallout 76 for 0 brain gaming

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Someone has to flight simulator their planned route while flying on an airplane.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Salt Fish posted:

Someone has to flight simulator their planned route while flying on an airplane.

I've been told this actually happens quite often with the actual pilots

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Spoilering this Signalis post because someone else in the thread is playing it. Late-game.

The fake credits totally tricked me and I was pretty disappointed, thinking it was time to hop online and read people's theories about the story's abstractions, also thinking the game gives you much more weaponry than you need. And then it even takes you back to the start screen and main menu before pulling you back in!

Amazing!

I've played this all drat day and night and am only stopping because I'm too sleepy but I'm excited to finish it tomorrow.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

snoremac posted:

Spoilering this Signalis post because someone else in the thread is playing it. Late-game.

The fake credits totally tricked me and I was pretty disappointed, thinking it was time to hop online and read people's theories about the story's abstractions, also thinking the game gives you much more weaponry than you need. And then it even takes you back to the start screen and main menu before pulling you back in!

Amazing!

I've played this all drat day and night and am only stopping because I'm too sleepy but I'm excited to finish it tomorrow.

yeah Signalis is ownage, but why did you wait so long to play it?

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

the milk machine posted:

the last time i built a pc was maybe 2014 or so and i bent a pin on the processor and had to replace it, lmao owned
I did this too. I tried bending it back into place and thought "what's the worst that could happen?? my motherboard shorts?? haha :mrgw:" but it was fine and lived until I got a new comp

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

the milk machine posted:

pentium 2 w/ a 4090

(i got a deal on a 7700 x and will be getting a 4070)

Honestly if you don't care about ray tracing consider amd cards, they're cheaper and have more vram

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

smarxist posted:

go outside

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

smarxist posted:

pathologic 2

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

the milk machine posted:

an implement with which to play video games

hell yeah

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

video games own.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

signalis is incredible my only complaint is that theres exactly enough inventory space for completing the game and if they had given me just 1 or 2 more it would have cut my run by an hour of backtracking to the box

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i still haven't received my analogue pocket, probably not buying anything from them again.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lpzie posted:

go outside

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Grapplejack posted:

Honestly if you don't care about ray tracing consider amd cards, they're cheaper and have more vram

i thought about amd very seriously but ended up with a good deal on a 4070

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Lpzie posted:

go outside

its currently 41C outside (thats 106F for the metrically challenged), its gamin time

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Ojetor posted:

its currently 41C outside (thats 106F for the metrically challenged), its gamin time

how many football fields is that

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

duomo posted:

Mars First Logistics is great and could be the next thread game. It’s Snowrunner crossed with Besiege

Is it steam only?

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
the dbz rear end eikon fights in ff16 are so sick oh my god

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I wanna play it

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

punished milkman posted:

the dbz rear end eikon fights in ff16 are so sick oh my god

they're so fuckin good, the ifrit v ifrit fight isn't shy about just going for it and it rules

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Grapplejack posted:

they're so fuckin good, the ifrit v ifrit fight isn't shy about just going for it and it rules

That whole sequence is great. Examining your own trauma through the lens of a sick mirror match boss battle within your own mind is cool as poo poo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This is the most comprehensible Diablo since the first one, but actually following the story just leads me to ask why we're so opposed to Lillith. Just started Act IV and she seems like the lesser of the evils here. At least she doesn't want to send everyone in Sanctuary to the Hellraiser dimension. Seems like a real step up from the current guys running Hell.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

voting for the lesser evil hell demon what is this US politics?!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

PostNouveau posted:

This is the most comprehensible Diablo since the first one, but actually following the story just leads me to ask why we're so opposed to Lillith. Just started Act IV and she seems like the lesser of the evils here. At least she doesn't want to send everyone in Sanctuary to the Hellraiser dimension. Seems like a real step up from the current guys running Hell.
it's because she's a woman

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

its her turn

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

She has plans

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

InariusBros keep talking about getting into heaven they need to be realistic about whats possible

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Ojetor posted:

its her turn
she's not hillary, she's marianne williamson

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

she eventually gives an I am bad monolog

your character is going off of instinct and past history in sanctuary (demons are bad )

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

A Buttery Pastry posted:

it's because she's a woman

euphronius posted:

she eventually gives an I am bad monolog

your character is going off of instinct and past history in sanctuary (demonswomen are bad )

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1672221043564642304

going to see the marshal in the new mgs

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Popy posted:

InariusBros keep talking about getting into heaven they need to be realistic about whats possible

we need to appeal to the moderate demon cultists in the kyovashad countryside, not a small loud fringe of urban templars from the Cathedral of Light

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

also from the start your character is possibly corrupted by mephisto

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I played more of totk than I did of botw but ultimately lost interest in both long before the end

I had other interesting gaming facts to post but I don't remember them now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m trying totk now and while the iterative improvements on the botw genre are nice, it’s overwhelming how much there is to do