Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Stux posted:

their entire plan since day 1 has been to offload all their risk to people less fortunate than them and then complain that those people are being too risky. deciding you need the immunocompromised doses more than people at genuine risk do is just a natural extension of being a self centered lunatic.

their reactions to being lightly trolled reinforce the luancy, as many emptyquoters are now essentially terfs and other alt-right shitters

what this has to do with making observations about some people leaving the house in full hazmat and still panicking is unclear to me personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

their reactions to being lightly trolled reinforce the luancy, as many emptyquoters are now essentially terfs and other alt-right shitters

what this has to do with making observations about some people leaving the house in full hazmat and still panicking is unclear to me personally

and of course everyone else has been exposed thusly their brains do not work correctly anymore. so anyone not behaving as they do can be immediately discounted as being no longer capable of understanding reality, unlike them. very normal stuff lol

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I would have simply ignored the light teasing, and maybe tease a little back, but some people are obviously built differently, and I respect that.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
you have to have a pretty high iq to understand covid

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

HazCat posted:

The entire thread dunked on that guy for multiple pages for that post and the OP changed the thread subtitle to 'Be Nice To Your Mom'.

HazCat posted:

Most of the covid thread posters who have posted about their jobs are teachers, medical workers, or 'essential workers'. There are definitely plenty of computer touchers (since this is SA), but the idea that they're a majority is just game of telephone stuff from the old saga thread. And the thread consensus hasn't been to avoid grocery shopping for literally years at this point.

The bonbon post is from March 2021 (before all adults were even eligible for first shots in the US.

Also the only response to it in the covid thread was someone asking 'is this performance art'.

HazCat posted:

You're literally just writing fan fiction about people you don't like doing a stupid thing so you can feel superior to them.

HazCat posted:

I thought this thread's response was fine. Hopefully people will look at it as an example of someone being able to point out a thing they think is bad itt without having a big messy meltdown over it and then getting dogpiled.

And for the record, I'm not picking on these things because I want this thread to 'stop being mean to the covid thread'. I think sharing silly or weird posts from it to laugh at is fine, and I think the meanspirited jokes at its expense at fine. And yeah, anything that crosses lines should be posted in SAD, and if people want to post it here first to see if others agree it's bad enough to take to SAD, that's a good thing too.

But I think the unfunny serious-posting about how 'everyone in [megathread] is [bad trait]' stuff is a big part of why the old Saga thread got closed and I'd like to avoid seeing that happen again. And also I think the grudge posting here makes the covid thread worse in a couple of different ways too, and I like that thread and don't want it to get weird and insular either.

HazCat posted:

lol, this is a good example of why I think the admins had such a hard time explaining the 'problem' with the saga thread. Because this post is funny, but it encourages people to post unfunny stuff, and those posts also aren't bad enough to punish, but the sum result of the bad posts becomes an issue eventually.

Basically this, except I also think more people should post in the CSPAM megathreads because new people posting is what stops them getting insular and weird, and the more people sit here grudge-posting about them the more the only new people they get are the weirdos who hear 'that thread is full of assholes' and go 'sounds like my kind of thread!'

HazCat posted:

I'm at work so I can't grab quotes, but they're the posts I quoted itt recently. If you need me to, I'll requote them when I get home.

But I think I've been pretty clear about what sort of posts I'm talking about (the ones that aren't sourced quotes and aren't jokes, and which paint entire threads as being bad in really specific ways).

Can you explain what part about that is confusing, or is it just framing them as 'grudge posts' you disagree with?

HazCat posted:

One of the most recent pages of the covid has a guy posting a selfie of himself at a rave.

HazCat posted:

Two of the goons in the covid thread got engaged at a multi-day metal festival.

HazCat posted:

No one in the covid thread has given a poo poo about anyone's vax status for at least a year, maybe longer. There are regulars not getting any more booster shots because they get bad side effects from them and the thread consensus is 'yeah fair enough'.

This thread is making up people to be mad at again.

more like HazGrudge

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Covid is boring and old news. There is a new Final Fantasy game out.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

didn't you hear? Final Fantasy is over.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I probably worded it badly but I wasn't saying they don't like that people are vaxxed, but that if each new variant is apparently deadly enough to require a space suit to go outside, what is the point of being vaccinated according to them.

I mean, I get it. The gear treadmill is already brutal enough IRL. Having to craft and level a whole new astronaut uniform weekly loving sucks.

Oxxidation posted:

there is only one submersible in the world specced for that depth and it is owned by gabe newell

I don't believe you this can't be real I'm googling this right now.

... oh my god.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

more like HazGrudge

They're allowed to come in here and say if they think something's off. I dunno. I went and looked at the thread and I do see two people showing off how they went to a music festival and hugging each other in their astronaut gear. lol but also good on them, I guess.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
covidiots killed the raver who masked

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

covidiots killed the raver who masked

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

more like HazGrudge

lol

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I think everyone else already knew he was a submarine guy but it did amuse me to discover that Director of Titanic James Cameron can legitimately claim to be one of the most qualified people to discuss this subject in the entire world

I think my favorite James Cameron moment is a few years ago he got his Titanic research buddies together for a show and they went over new evidence and comparing it to the movie (Mostly boring poo poo like the color of the signal flares). At one point they ran a simulation of the sinking and got all smug pointing out to Cameron that the angle was wrong on the multi-million dollar section of Titanic hull he'd had made for the scenes of the lifeboats loading and kept trying to needle him into making "Titanic: Special Edition" and fixing all the inaccuracies they found.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

pentyne posted:

didn't you hear? Final Fantasy is over.

open ps5 to games

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

HazCat posted:

No one in the covid thread has given a poo poo about anyone's vax status for at least a year, maybe longer. There are regulars not getting any more booster shots because they get bad side effects from them and the thread consensus is 'yeah fair enough'.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

more like HazGrudge

Very cringe but also probably has a point. Thread gets weird when it comes to cspam epic fails. Whatever, the Mr Freeze cosplay guys are funny regardless

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I think everyone else already knew he was a submarine guy but it did amuse me to discover that Director of Titanic James Cameron can legitimately claim to be one of the most qualified people to discuss this subject in the entire world

He’s one of the most qualified people to talk about anything. Guy just absorbs knowledge

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lmao

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

He is called King James for a good reason.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Placeholder....Methinks a Ramp is in order...?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

DaysBefore posted:

Very cringe but also probably has a point. Thread gets weird when it comes to cspam epic fails. Whatever, the Mr Freeze cosplay guys are funny regardless

all the people int he covid thread are mentally ill and delusional. problem?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

HazCat posted:

:qq:

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Stux posted:

scared yet?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Placeholder....Methinks a Ramp is in order...?

photoshopping arfs photoshop to say mega ramp instead.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

It's incredibly sick

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Stux posted:

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I have always found the character design in ff too off-putting to get into the games except I think I tried one of the SNES ones on an emulator

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opBFaCS_PV4

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Stux posted:

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Stux posted:

Bad shoot

DarksydePhilFish
Dec 31, 2004

tabarnak ack ack
I will never understand the mod compulsion to probate funny posters while something funny is ongoing.

Stux posted:

This is not what going on tilt looks like.

This is.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hopefully permabans are being considered for these Boring Trolls

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Stux posted:

this is correct

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I dont think a 24 hr ban is a placeholder

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Stux posted:

(USER WAS FORCED TO TAKE A SHOWER AFTER THEIR PARTNER FOR THIS POST)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Stux was right but you’re a bitch rear end if you care about a 6er, no matter what the reason is.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

One thing the covid thread is right about at least is that office jobs should all be mandatory work from home. No reason to want to be in the office unless you have no friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Terrible Opinions posted:

One thing the covid thread is right about at least is that office jobs should all be mandatory work from home. No reason to want to be in the office unless you have no friends.

it's literally only people who need work for socialization who want to go lol