Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

lol loving goons can’t tell how old they are, zoomers are into 90s music because their parents listened to it because their half of their parents are you, 35-40 year olds. I just met my 37 year old friend’s kid yesterday, he’s 20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

when I was a kid I did have friends who loved led zeppelin and pink floyd like the way medieval people loved roman poo poo. a lost era, mankind has fallen

you're telling me people do that now for Tool?

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

its crazy how good the 90s were for pop culture and the 2000s just... not much. disney channel being the origin of many of today's celebs is maybe the biggest cultural impact

2008 is when the Gaga/Kanye/Taylor Swift era really took off and rock basically was dead and buried. between 2000 and 2008 all the good acts faded away and nothing new with lasting power was born. it was a mourning period for the 20th century

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Antonymous posted:

when I was a kid I did have friends who loved led zeppelin and pink floyd like the way medieval people loved roman poo poo. a lost era, mankind has fallen

i see kids in dark side t shirts about as often as nirvana t shirts

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

yah but they mostly don't listen to it. ask them you'll see. it's a brand now not an artist's work they connect with

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

also by 2008 my favorite genre was disco and Justice released Cross and I basically gave up on american pop and only listened to french disco music til the end of college. I already loved daft punk and Ed Banger was really making some good poo poo

as a commie who loves disco there is a videogame that felt really absurd how made for me it was

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

this is now my blog btw you might want to quit the thread for a minute while I get this nostalgia out of my system

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Maed posted:

lol loving goons can’t tell how old they are, zoomers are into 90s music because their parents listened to it because their half of their parents are you, 35-40 year olds. I just met my 37 year old friend’s kid yesterday, he’s 20

yup that's why they only like music from the 90s, having access to a streaming library of every song ever made has nothing to do with it at all no siree

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

yup that's why they only like music from the 90s, having access to a streaming library of every song ever made has nothing to do with it at all no siree

I had napster at age 12 but still just used it to listen to classic rock my dad played all the time

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Maed posted:

I had napster at age 12 but still just used it to listen to classic rock my dad played all the time

that's cool

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/BusinessInsider/status/1672606224116850690?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol at the pointless shared alley instead of a back yard

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Loud quitting sounds like a lot of work, therefore it's not quitting

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

lol at the pointless shared alley instead of a back yard

Back yards are too much work

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

“the bush era 2000s had no good music” is one of my favorite persistent terrible goon takes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Goons are stupid

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

not one single loving mention of wage

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

you should check out Dua Lipa

:jeb:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Hmmm no, loud quitting is just actually quitting

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Antonymous posted:

largely they still just love led zep and pink floyd like you did, if they're into that kind of music at all, or music in general

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Goons are stupid

i'm not that stupid just old

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
someone's always trying to come up with a new kind of quitting in the hopes their article goes viral. they're throwing poo poo against the wall.

chatgpt, write a short article that begins "you've heard about quiet quitting, but what about horse quitting?"

quote:

When horses feel unsafe or uncomfortable, they have a natural inclination to move away from the source of their unease. This instinctive behavior, known as horse quitting, holds valuable lessons for employees and employers alike.

hire me

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Between the 18% of employees loud quitting and the 59% quiet quitting, Gallup estimates low employee engagement costs the global economy $8.8 trillion and accounts for 9% of global GDP.

thats right

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

gonna lol if/when they try to criminalize low employee engagement

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

misdemeanor time theft

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/BORReport/status/1672622151000805379?s=20

WB having a great time this year

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

The problem with the Flash specifically is that the TV show covered all the cool bits and then went on for another 5 or 6 seasons beyond that.

Guy runs really really fast, big whoop.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

drat they are looking at like a 150 million plus loss

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
grant gustin is a way better flash, should've starred him instead

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

actually a bigger loss if you figure opportunity cost

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

grant gustin is a way better flash, should've starred him instead

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

gonna lol if/when they try to criminalize low employee engagement

The police get to be overseers again

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I forgot that Flash's movie is also a crossover event and it still bombed, lmao

How does Hollywood not know how to write movies anymore?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

comic book fatigue was already showing when the last avengers movie came out

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

skooma512 posted:

The police get to be overseers again

Citizen! Pick up that shift!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the entirety of WB's attempt to get their own cinematic universe off the ground has been such a clusterfuck. it's like if you made someone with a head injury plan a wedding or something

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

the entirety of WB's attempt to get their own cinematic universe off the ground has been such a clusterfuck. it's like if you made someone with a head injury plan a wedding or something

yeah, which is weird considering the budget they have to work with and some of the big names they can associate. In comparison to TV shows in DC have been much better and seem to have a much lower budget.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
maybe dont release movies starring kidnappers ?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

RealityWarCriminal posted:

maybe dont release movies starring kidnappers ?

Somewhere, Roman Polanski nods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

lol that The Boys concedes as a premise that "super fast super hero" is just about as lame an archetype as Aquaman, (which was also used by Entourage as an implausibly stupid superhero feature) and WB made feature movies about both