Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Nix Panicus posted:

I feel like maybe the helicopter guys who got exploded didn't find an optimal outcome

I'm still leaning towards this just being a clown fiesta beyond comprehension, something so inexplicably stupid that the mind reflexively assumes it was planned because otherwise the world is an absurdist nightmare

Optimal outcome always excludes the little people who get vaporised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

shiitake is a scrub mushroom. the best are those tiny ones that survive totally intact in your poo poo the next day

That's a shii take

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I don't know if it was an OP or not.

But the man attempting a coup never said he was attempting a coup, did everything possible to make sure it never succeeded, and then just gave up after about a day.

You can call it whatever you want but it was definitely not an attempted coup in any sense from a practical point view.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
someone translate this into Russian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6VjPM5CeWs

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I can't decide if it's dumber if it was an op or dumber if it was just Prigozhin throwing a tanty

and if mcfail thinks it was an op thats a pretty good sign it wasnt lol

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Don't you get it? The Russians negotiated peace with themselves to prove that they can negotiate peace with others.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Chillgamesh posted:

I can't decide if it's dumber if it was an op or dumber if it was just Prigozhin throwing a tanty

when workers blockade a highway with tractors everyone itt has an orgasm

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

Nix Panicus posted:

I feel like maybe the helicopter guys who got exploded didn't find an optimal outcome

I'm still leaning towards this just being a clown fiesta beyond comprehension, something so inexplicably stupid that the mind reflexively assumes it was planned because otherwise the world is an absurdist nightmare

5 dead chopper jocks vs. urban warfare in some of Russia's most important cities. Seems obvious what the optimal solution was.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

Don't you get it? The Russians negotiated peace with themselves to prove that they can negotiate peace with others.

This is a good thing!! There are no losers in an honest negotiation :shobon:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/MyLordBebo/status/1672719294013030405

Why does he only dye his moustache

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

that’s where he stores all his negotiation mana

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

As a student of this war I can say that I've seen hundreds of pictures like this, and have shown little to no emotion. The pictures were just windows to an Eastern Europe I've never lived in, people who I never knew or would ever know. But this picture made me stop and evaluate. Putting Leopards and Bradleys in made me actually look at what is really happening. Putting something that everyone is familiar with in a situation that no one knows, and to make those people feel those emotions well, that takes amazing talent. Thank you.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1672763036086460418?s=20

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/siahsargus/status/1670967632999202817

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

I am still processing that in 2023, close to half of the brigades of US Army are apparently WW2 style footslogging infantry without any organic motor transport

This is just in the tradition of Wehrmacht infantry

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

14 out of 88

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
https://twitter.com/Bensam123TV/status/1671007505424457728?s=20

https://twitter.com/Bensam123TV/status/1671044219194974208?s=20

https://twitter.com/Bensam123TV/status/1671083466044350464?s=20

Owns that theres like millions of This Kind of Guy, arguing floor is lava rules but with their favorite war toys

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/AliVelshi/status/1672709822238605313?cxt=HHwWgoC27ZGu1LYuAAAA

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

5 dead chopper jocks vs. urban warfare in some of Russia's most important cities. Seems obvious what the optimal solution was.

I agree with this statement, but if the whole thing was an op then urban warfare in some of Russia's most important cities was never a thing that was going to happen so the 5 dead chopper jocks were completely unnecessary

E: Sorry, Im trying to push back against the idea that anyone had any idea what was happening at any time over the last 24 hours, which may not have been the point you were trying to make

Nix Panicus has issued a correction as of 01:40 on Jun 25, 2023

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
lmao, one of the replies in the COD comparison tweet.

https://twitter.com/Bensam123TV/status/1671007505424457728

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nix Panicus posted:

I agree with this statement, but if the whole thing was an op then urban warfare in some of Russia's most important cities was never a thing that was going to happen so the 5 dead chopper jocks were completely unnecessary

I'm definitely on the side of "this was way too stupid to be an op." I mean, covert operations can be pretty stupid but this was so clearly motivated by one guy's bloated ego and a fear that his clock was running down.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

the wagner guy being a loving moron seems to be the simpler explanation than an elaborate op that only seems to have embarassed Putin and cost helicopters and human lives.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

gradenko_2000 posted:

This is just in the tradition of Wehrmacht infantry

dude, these guys are gonna buildup for six months for the heavy equipment to come at the guanxi border and then form a massive armored thrust into yunnan, that how wars work

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm definitely on the side of "this was way too stupid to be an op." I mean, covert operations can be pretty stupid but this was so clearly motivated by one guy's bloated ego and a fear that his clock was running down.
remember the time some dudes peed themselves in Venezuela

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Main Character Syndrome is definitely the biggest overlap between this and January 6th. I wonder what the guys who rode with Prigozhin thought they were gonna get out of this.

Wolfy posted:

remember the time some dudes peed themselves in Venezuela

You mean the filibuster, or when Guaido's rebels got scared after firing on an army base and went home?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm hiding all 2000 of Ukraine's tanks in my backyard, under a tarp.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

the wagner guy being a loving moron seems to be the simpler explanation than an elaborate op that only seems to have embarassed Putin and cost helicopters and human lives.

the standard rules for evaluating news are just as true in Russia as elsewhere: whatever is the dumbest and most embarrassing explanation is always the correct one.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Alpha 1 posted:

Prigozhin is truly the breakout character of season 2 of The Ukraine Show.

Too bad about the wroters strikez it really felt like they rushed through hjs storyline and it was over before it could get started.

(Though lol at all the Lib freaks who came into gloat for some reason only to slink back off once it ended and Ukraine was still screwed)

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You mean the filibuster, or when Guaido's rebels got scared after firing on an army base and went home?

I think it was the Bay of Pigs 2 boat guys that came from the US to do some death squad poo poo and got owned by some local farmer with an AK

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

Majorian posted:

Explain what you mean by this, please?

America has failed and is no longer world police

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

You couldn't mess up whatever this was as badly as Prigozhin did by just being a moron.

A moron would have had a better chance at succeeding.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Main Character Syndrome is definitely the biggest overlap between this and January 6th. I wonder what the guys who rode with Prigozhin thought they were gonna get out of this.

have you considered that you simply cannot imagine the vitality of a man striving for a life of greatness?

https://twitter.com/witte_sergei/status/1672728303105630208?s=20

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chillgamesh posted:

I think it was the Bay of Pigs 2 boat guys that came from the US to do some death squad poo poo and got owned by some local farmer with an AK

Filibustero is the Spanish word for "freebooter," and filibustering is what they'd call it when some American psycho with a bunch of money and guns would try invading a Latin American or Caribbean country.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Tankbuster posted:

lmao, one of the replies in the COD comparison tweet.

https://twitter.com/Bensam123TV/status/1671007505424457728

This guy with 500 followers seems like a dumbass

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/asillygayboy/status/1672700710805200900?s=20

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

lol

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Filibustero is the Spanish word for "freebooter," and filibustering is what they'd call it when some American psycho with a bunch of money and guns would try invading a Latin American or Caribbean country.

I think I remember hearing this word a long time ago in reference to the whites coming into late 18th century Texas from the US. Thanks for unlocking a childhood memory

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

have you considered that you simply cannot imagine the vitality of a man striving for a life of greatness?

Yeah man you wish you could overflow with fulminating essence like the dude who's going to get thrown out a window in two weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

I’m in my Belarusian arc. I’m a lukashenkopilled negotiationcel.