Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Communist Thoughts posted:

I played more of totk than I did of botw but ultimately lost interest in both long before the end

I had other interesting gaming facts to post but I don't remember them now

same but i will finish somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

botw and totk are great games to play for like 20-30 minutes and you achieve between 1 and 3 shrines/quests/whatever and then turn it off and because there are about 10,000 things to do it is a game you can play for several years.

like a picross game where you play 1-2 levels on the subway or candy crush or whatever. it's not meant to be completed, not really

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

also from the start your character is possibly corrupted by mephisto

I'm not corrupted. Mephisto's my boy is all. Good dude that guy.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

PostNouveau posted:

I'm not corrupted. Mephisto's my boy is all. Good dude that guy.

:yeah:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

diablo 4 being an okay not great not terrible game was the best possible outcome because nobody is happy

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'm happy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
its fun, i still havent figured out any melee builds i like. i wish the level scaling was a bit less aggressive but whatever

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

diablo 4 will be great after the first expansion, that’s just how diablo works

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Stop it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

dance with me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wheeee posted:

diablo 4 will be great after the first expansion, that’s just how diablo works

no gem tab in inventory until season 2

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

i saw an ad for diablo 4 all about the story and it was like 12 minutes long? i like story heavy games but i don't need this from diablo, just say hell is invading and i need to go kill demons. maybe throw a few fun characters to talk to in towns it doesn't have to be complicated

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

if diablo doesn't deliver your pizza to you in 30 minutes it's free. you will tear the world asunder to ensure this prophecy comes to pass

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SomethingBeautiful posted:

i saw an ad for diablo 4 all about the story and it was like 12 minutes long? i like story heavy games but i don't need this from diablo, just say hell is invading and i need to go kill demons. maybe throw a few fun characters to talk to in towns it doesn't have to be complicated

theres only 2 high production value cgi cutscenes the rest are in engine skippable dreck. the ad you watched was probably the first one of these two

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1672293147152470016/pu/vid/1280x720/kGhxfC51SEo9L_1j.mp4?tag=12

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

SirSamVimes posted:

That whole sequence is great. Examining your own trauma through the lens of a sick mirror match boss battle within your own mind is cool as poo poo.

L3 + R3 TO ACCEPT THE TRUTH

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

theres only 2 high production value cgi cutscenes the rest are in engine skippable dreck. the ad you watched was probably the first one of these two

wow. diablo 2 managed like 6 or 7 fmvs, standards have really gone down

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

theyre pretty good cutscenes tho

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

snoremac posted:

Spoilering this Signalis post because someone else in the thread is playing it. Late-game.

The fake credits totally tricked me and I was pretty disappointed, thinking it was time to hop online and read people's theories about the story's abstractions, also thinking the game gives you much more weaponry than you need. And then it even takes you back to the start screen and main menu before pulling you back in!

Amazing!

I've played this all drat day and night and am only stopping because I'm too sleepy but I'm excited to finish it tomorrow.

I finished it today and feel satisfied. Apparently there are multiple endings depending on your playstyle, plus a secret one you have to unlock on a second playthrough? But I feel like it put a bow on everything well enough to leave it be.

The story is supposed to be open to interpretation I reckon, there's various paths it could take between "everything is real and its a time loop and somehow the robot teleports to another planet" to "nothing is real and it was all Alina's dream." The cancer metaphor sticks out pretty hard so I gotta favor "dying dreams of irradiated psychic cancer woman" for most of what happens.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

- Bom video.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Popy posted:

InariusBros keep talking about getting into heaven they need to be realistic about whats possible

For every peasant we lose in rural Scosglen we'll pick up two Knights Penitent in Kyovashad

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

gradenko_2000 posted:

For every peasant we lose in rural Scosglen we'll pick up two Knights Penitent in Kyovashad

can we just have a simple plot about how the worldstone's destruction released the true latent power of the humans and they are now taking the fight to heaven and hell

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Palladium posted:

can we just have a simple plot about how the worldstone's destruction released the true latent power of the humans and they are now taking the fight to heaven and hell

gently caress yeah kill all those fuckers

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Palladium posted:

you should play smt

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Has a goon unironically taken his Steam Deck to a rooftop party yet?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I took mine on a work trip

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

sometimes I play on the couch just to snuggle with my puppo

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

sometimes I play on the couch just to snuggle with my puppo

sometimes I play on your couch just to snuggle with your wife

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

sometimes I play on your couch just to snuggle with your wife

that's not my wife that's my mecha

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

it's been long enough that Diablo 4 should've been about attacking and dethroning God by now

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I have an album of pictures of hotel room TVs that I've hooked up my Switch to. It's a small thing but "you can bring a console with you in a bag" just fills me with childlike wonder.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
fail fantasy imo

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

fail fantasy imo

harsh but fair

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

you could call doing dmt a pineal fantasy

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ff16 has more cutscenes than mgs4

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

triple sulk posted:

imagine going back to 2006 and telling FF12 players we will regress from a semi open world and playable character count on hardware a thousand times faster

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i heard ff16 is pretty linear like ff13; man i cant wait to play FF16 when its good on pc.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

triple sulk posted:

theyre all good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

triple sulk posted: