Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’m not even convinced £100m would be money well spent. Take that cash and spunk it on three Serie A midfielders instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
English player tax

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

United back in for Mason Mount at £55M

I've never really *got* him as a player, is he good? Southgate seems to rate him and he's won Chelsea POTY twice so I suppose yes.

Eriksen cover/upgrade/replacement presumably.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sebzilla posted:

I've never really *got* him as a player, is he good? Southgate seems to rate him and he's won Chelsea POTY twice so I suppose yes.

One or both of McFred should/will probably leave, and Donny van de Beek surely has to go so there's a gap in midfield for sure. Don't think they're keeping Sabitzer permanently either.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Donny van de Beek doesn't play for a club, he just exists to make people 'oh yeah that guy' and then disappear again

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

the sex ghost posted:

Donny van de Beek doesn't play for a club, he just exists to make people 'oh yeah that guy' and then disappear again

I've said it before but he's Toby Flenderson in a football shirt

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

the sex ghost posted:

He’s still upset he lost Joey to Pacey

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sebzilla posted:

The thing I've seen about Mason Mount in online football nerd analysis is that basically he's somebody who does everything pretty well, works hard, and is good at following managers' instructions, so he's not likely to win a game on his own but he'll make the players around him better and help the manager get their tactics working by doing what he's told, which is why every manager loves him and wants him on their team.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

The thing I've seen about Mason Mount in online football nerd analysis is that basically he's somebody who does everything pretty well, works hard, and is good at following managers' instructions, so he's not likely to win a game on his own but he'll make the players around him better and help the manager get their tactics working by doing what he's told, which is why every manager loves him and wants him on their team.

Manchester United have been missing a John O’Shea since John O’Shea left

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Can he nutmeg Figo?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i've never seen this guy play but i've come to the conclusion he's incredible

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1672327649136394248?s=20
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1672326798955126786?s=20

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
big fuckin kylo ren vibes in that turtleneck

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

is Dominik Szoboszlai good and since he appears to be a midfielder and we're already seemingly signing tonali will he fit in?

hermyownee
Jun 5, 2011

Jose posted:

is Dominik Szoboszlai good and since he appears to be a midfielder and we're already seemingly signing tonali will he fit in?

Per my FM side he will be instrumental in winning us the league and CL double 24/25. Left inside fwd or mezzala in the centre. Leão a big part of that team too so Eddie may as well get him in same time as tonali

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/1672555427052044288?t=ulZxhB6Zl5h3H6CJRWTZUA&s=19

:letsgo:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Nothing's final until it's done, there's so much shite that gets talked in transfer windows

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lol ok

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Too bad arteta is moving to psg.

Silly season is truly upon us

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Heard rice called man city incredibly fail and he could never respect a bald manager. Huge if true

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

the sex ghost posted:

Heard rice called man city incredibly fail and he could never respect a bald manager. Huge if true

It's true op

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jose posted:

more of an attacking/number 10 type, can't remember if he can play off the wing as well but more creativity and finishing. has been coming through the Red Bull pipeline for a while.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I too, am convinced Declan Rice would rather go out in the CL group stages and then play out his career in the Europa Conference League than join the reigning CL champions.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i said it about tielemens and it was seemingly true but I don't think people take into account the absolute massive ballache of uprooting your life depending on what the options are. Particularly when Rice's entire family work for him to make more money as agent, commercial deals etc

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Dudley posted:

I too, am convinced Declan Rice would rather go out in the CL group stages and then play out his career in the Europa Conference League than join the reigning CL champions.
He might be one of the good guys.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Xabi posted:

He might be one of the good guys.

Tell that to the Irish

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

TheRat posted:

Tell that to the Irish

I believe they've already been told

The good lads who play well get an England shirt, and then the bad players with an Irish grandparent get to stay in the Ireland age-group teams forever and displace actual Irish players

why waste money on an actual youth development program when you can just stand outside St George's Park offering free family trees to people

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Supposedly Rice likes living in London with his family and since he can get a big money move to the #2 team in the league while staying in London and not changing much else about his life, the move to Man City is less appealing. I still wouldn't be surprised if he picks them though because they can just double his salary or whatever, fly him in on a private helicopter from London for training every day, who knows.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Chelsea have spent 35m on Nicolas Jackson, a striker who had an okay season with Villarreal last year.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Chelsea have spent 35m on Nicolas Jackson, a striker who had an okay season with Villarreal last year.

can't believe they'd get one half of the Young Bucks for that sort of money, but here we are.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

harperdc posted:

can't believe they'd get one half of the Young Bucks for that sort of money, but here we are.

all of my young bucks jokes (the physios should have caught the back injury, going to collect so many reds when a studs up tackle literally explodes) turn out to be about matt jackson. which is a missed opportunity.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jun 27, 2023

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Jose posted:

i said it about tielemens and it was seemingly true but I don't think people take into account the absolute massive ballache of uprooting your life depending on what the options are. Particularly when Rice's entire family work for him to make more money as agent, commercial deals etc

It's literally 4 hours away in a car ffs. Imagine not going to the best club in the world and winning everything because you're a bit too far away from your mam. Buy them a house in Manchester, buy them one halfway between Manchester and London as well, why not

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Paperhouse posted:

It's literally 4 hours away in a car ffs. Imagine not going to the best club in the world and winning everything because you're a bit too far away from your mam. Buy them a house in Manchester, buy them one halfway between Manchester and London as well, why not

yes, he should commute 8 hours a day

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He could afford a helicopter

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Vegetable posted:

He could afford a helicopter

That might be why tielemens signed for another localish team

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009