Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

evilmiera posted:

You know that could actually be a thing. Some RNG isn't quite so R depending on how it's been programmed.

iirc megamek uses a mersenne twister

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

sounds painful

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Captain Foo posted:

iirc megamek uses a mersenne twister

Having started using megamek for the first time a couple days ago, I've decided the RNG is based around "what would be the most maddening". Mechwarrior with 2 piloting seems to make about 40% of their unmodified PSRs. I've started warehousing dozens of actuators.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

evilmiera posted:

You know that could actually be a thing. Some RNG isn't quite so R depending on how it's been programmed.

The MM RNG has been extensively statistically tested because people feared things just like this. It is no less random than the pair of dice that come in the box.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

True randomness is streaky, but randomness is often deliberately constrained with bad luck protection because a streak of bad luck is unsatisfying.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wiegieman posted:

True randomness is streaky, but randomness is often deliberately constrained with bad luck protection because a streak of bad luck is unsatisfying.

I know there’s an option for initiative streak protection in Megamek

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Preston’s Last Stand: Turn 3

A slight frown creased Louis Belkof’s brow as the enemy Firestarter stalked towards him. Well-armed, highly mobile, and with decent armour for its weight, the 35-ton light mech was one of the deadliest battlemechs of its class. Its Flamers were potent area denial weapons that could send an opponent’s heat levels spiralling out of control after only a few seconds of exposure. Reddish-orange flames flickered at their muzzles, the only bright spots against the Firestarter’s grimy purple paintwork. The Reverend was fifteen tons heavier and outgunned the Firestarter significantly, but those flames still made Louis feel uneasy. Being burnt alive in your cockpit was every mechwarrior’s worst nightmare.

Thinking quickly, Louis backed the Reverend up into the woods, trying to bait the lighter mech into range of his AC/20. The Firestarter pursued him, triggering its Flamers as it ran. The tiny flames flickering on its bodywork became roaring jets of superheated plasma, the sheer heat briefly whiting out Louis’s IR sensors. The billowing flames bracketed the Reverend, scorching the foliage on either side. Trees and shrubs burst into flames the instant the fire touched them, their dry, oily bark unable to withstand the heat for even a single moment.

A lifetime of military discipline kept Louis’s hands steady as he took aim. A handful of cheesy one-liners crossed his mind as the crosshairs centred on the Firestarter’s boxy profile. The AC/20 is a fire and forget weapon. Looks like this is your baptism by fire. Time for you to flame out. Didn’t your momma ever tell you not to play with fire?

In the end, he went with the old classic. “Ashes to ashes…” he intoned as he depressed the firing stud, “…dust to dust.”

The Firestarter rocked backwards as the enormous shell smashed into it, obliterating its right arm along with a good chunk of its torso. Its Flamers cut out as the pilot struggled to keep his balance, fighting to keep the momentum from spinning the mech around and sending it tumbling to the ground. Louis kept his crosshairs centred, but the Firestarter stabilised itself and jumped away before his AC/20 could finish reloading.

Before Louis could pursue Archibald’s voice spoke over the comms. “Hey, Bruiser. Is it just me, or is something going on with the DropShip?”

Frowning, Louis toggled the zoom function on his viewscreen. At first he wasn’t sure what Archibald was talking about. The Union stood tall and inert amongst the encircling hills, like an enormous metal golf ball stuck in a foxhole. He opened his mouth to ask what he was supposed to be looking for when he saw it. The DropShip’s gun batteries were moving, its weapon blisters slowly rotating towards Sterling Lance. A quick glance at his IR readouts confirmed Louis’s burgeoning fears – the Eagle Standard’s internals were cold, but those blisters were red hot.

Louis immediately switched to lance-wide comms. “Be advised everyone, the DropShip’s weapons are online. I repeat, the DropShip’s guns are operational.” As he spoke a swarm of missiles erupted from the vessel and streaked towards his position like a cloud of angry wasps. Louis gritted his teeth and hunched over, doing everything he could to keep his balance as warhead after warhead slammed into the Reverend’s chest and legs.

Weapons fire for Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player):
-Fires Large Laser at Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers); needs 7, rolls 11: Hits Left Leg! Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers) takes 8 damage to Left Leg, 0/5 Armour, 1/4 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Left Leg! Two Critical Hits sustained! Critical Hit on Hip! Critical Hit on Upper Leg!
-Fires Large Laser at Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers); needs 7, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers); needs 9, rolls 7: Misses!

Weapons fire for Hunchback HBK-4G (Player):
-Fires AC/20 at Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 8: Hits Right Arm! Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers) takes 20 damage to Right Arm, 0/6 Armour, 0/6 Structure remaining. Right Arm destroyed! 8 damage transfers to Right Torso, 3/11 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 7: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 7: Misses!

Weapons fire for Trebuchet TBT-5N (Player):
-Fires LRM15 at Trebuchet TBT-5S (Prowlers); needs 6, rolls 7: 12 missiles Hit! Trebuchet TBT-5S (Prowlers) takes 5 damage to Left Arm (5/10 Armour remaining), Centre Torso (17/22 Armour remaining), and 2 damage to Centre Torso (15/22 Armour remaining).
-Fires LRM15 at Trebuchet TBT-5S (Prowlers); needs 6, rolls 10: 9 missiles Hit! Trebuchet TBT-5S (Prowlers) takes 5 damage to Centre Torso (10/22 Armour remaining) and 4 damage to Left Arm (1/10 Armour remaining).

Weapons fire for Warhammer WHM-6D (Player):
-Fires PPC at Trebuchet TBT-5S (Prowlers); needs 7, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires PPC at Trebuchet TBT-5S (Prowlers); needs 7, rolls 6: Misses!

--

Weapons fire for Eagle Standard (DropShip) (Prowlers):
-Fires LRM20 at Hunchback HBK-4G (Player); needs 9, rolls 9: 16 missiles Hit! Hunchback HBK-4G (Player) takes 5 damage to Right Arm (11/16 Armour remaining), Left Leg (15/20 Armour remaining), Centre Torso (21/26 Armour remaining), and 1 damage to Centre Torso (20/26 Armour remaining (Through Armour Critical!)).
--Critical Chance in Centre Torso! No critical hits sustained.
-Fires LRM20 at Hunchback HBK-4G (Player); needs 9, rolls 9: 16 missiles Hit! Hunchback HBK-4G (Player) takes 5 damage to Centre Torso (15/26 Armour remaining), Right Arm (6/16 Armour remaining), Centre Torso (10/26 Armour remaining (Through Armour Critical!)), and 1 damage to Right Leg (19/20 Armour remaining).
--Critical Chance in Centre Torso! No critical hits sustained.

Weapons fire for Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers):
-Fires Flamer at Hex 1807 (Ignite); needs 4, rolls 9: Hits! Needs 4 to ignite, rolls 9! Fire started in Hex 1807!
-Fires Flamer at Hex 1707 (Ignite); needs 7, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Flamer at Hex 1607 (Ignite); needs 4, rolls 9: Hits! Needs 4 to ignite, rolls 4! Fire started in Hex 1607!

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers):
-Fires PPC at Trebuchet TBT-5N (Player); needs 8, rolls 8: Hits Left Leg! Trebuchet TBT-5N (Player) takes 10 damage to Left Leg, 5/15 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers):
-Fires Medium Laser at Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player); needs 9, rolls 7: Misses!

Weapons fire for Trebuchet TBT-5S (Prowlers):
-Fires Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 9, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 9, rolls 8: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 9, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires SRM6 at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 9, rolls 6: Misses!
-Fires SRM6 at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 9, rolls 7: Misses!

Weapons fire for Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Prowlers):
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4G (Player); needs 8, rolls 8: Hits Left Leg! Hunchback HBK-4G (Player) takes 5 damage to Left Leg, 10/20 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 #2 (Prowlers):
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4G (Player); needs 10, rolls 3: Misses!

Weapons fire for Goblin Medium Tank (Standard) (Prowlers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Scorpion Light Tank (Standard) (Prowlers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Scorpion Light Tank (LRM) (Prowlers):
-Fires LRM-5 at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 11, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires LRM-10 at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 11, rolls 2: Misses!

No melee attacks this turn!

Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player) gains 20 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 3 heat.

Hunchback HBK-4G (Player) gains 14 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 1 heat.

Trebuchet TBT-5N (Player) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Warhammer WHM-6D (Player) gains 21 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 3 heat.

--

Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers) gains 11 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 1 heat.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 1 heat.

Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers) gains 5 heat, sinks 5 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Trebuchet TBT-5S (Prowlers) gains 19 heat, sinks 18 heat and is now at 1 heat.

Eagle Standard (DropShip) (Prowlers) has fired its weapons and must check for electrical feedback! Rolls a 9! No feedback! Eagle Standard (DropShip) (Prowlers) will fire next on Turn 5!

--

Piloting checks for Hunchback HBK-4G (Player):
-Took 20+ damage this turn: Needs 6, rolls 8: Succeeds!

Piloting checks for Trebuchet TBT-5S (Prowlers):
-Took 20+ damage this turn: Needs 6, rolls 10: Succeeds!

Piloting checks for Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers):
-Took 20+ damage this turn: Needs 6, rolls 8: Succeeds!

Piloting checks for Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers):
-Upper Leg Actuator Hit: needs 9, rolls 10; Succeeds!
-Hip Actuator Hit: needs 9, rolls 6; Fails!
--Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers) falls on its left side, suffering 2 damage to Left Torso, 4/6 Armour remaining.
-Harathi Vraman must roll a 9 to avoid a pilot hit; rolls 6: Fails!

--

Harathi Vraman (Stinger STG-3R) has taken 1 damage this turn! Harathi Vraman must pass a consciousness test or fall unconscious!
-Harathi Vraman must roll a 3+ to remain conscious! Rolls 8: Succeeds!

--

Stray weapons fire from Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 #2 (Prowlers) has a chance to start a fire in Hex 1707!
-Medium Laser: Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 3: Possible fire! Needs 9 to ignite, rolls 9: Fire started in Hex 1707!

Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers) is attempting to stand. Needs 9, rolls 10: Succeeds!

Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers) is running with a damaged Hip – must pass a piloting test or fall! Needs 9, rolls 4: Fails!
-Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers) falls on its left side, suffering 2 damage to Left Arm, 2/4 Armour remaining.
-Harathi Vraman must roll a 6 to avoid a pilot hit; rolls 9: Succeeds!

Player Status

Enemy Status

Special Abilities:
-Toughness: Grants bonus to consciousness rolls.
-Multi-Tasker: When splitting fire between multiple targets, secondary targeting penalties are reduced by 1.
-Hopping Jack: Pilot suffers a +2 penalty when firing after jumping instead of +3.

Primary Objectives:
-Defeat Josiah Preston (0/1)
-Neutralise remaining Prowler forces (0/9)

Secondary Objectives:
-Secure the crash site without damaging the Eagle Standard (250,000 C-Bill Reward)

Next Orders Due: Tuesday 27th 9:00PM GMT.

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jun 28, 2023

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
That is a lot of action, wow

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

That AC/20 hit in the single worst place.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

ilmucche posted:

That is a lot of action, wow

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Blackjack

Alright, the Stinger's effectively out of action this turn and the Firestarter's RT is a soft breeze away from exploding.

Biggest threat this turn is probably the Treb. 'Hammer can run to 2310 and still have two hexxes of light woods + PPC long range protection from the Scorpion, while our Treb can run for the woods where the Hunchie and I am for cover.

Let me know where you wanna move to and who you want to focus fire on. I've got several options and don't want to accidentally bodyblock anyone making for the woods.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
[b] Trebuchet [\b] (for some reason this doesn’t work on the mobile browser. Will fix when I get home)

I can get to the woods the Blackjack is currently occupying, 2006 I think. I haven’t run the math yet but from there my only options are the stinger, firestarter, and the enemy Treb (if I turn and torso twist to face them) and they’re all too close for me to use my LRMs. I could probably hurt the Stinger enough to break something but I doubt it would kill it. And I’m not too keen on firing multiple lasers while in range of a firestarter. Not sure what else to do though since I think the firestarter is untouchable for me (4 base, 2 from running, 3 enemy evasion, and either 1 or 2 woods.)

Defensively I could also retreat further to get out of range of most enemies but I don’t want to do that and leave you guys to fight.

How much heat damage do flamers do in this game?

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i think the hunchback and/or the blackjack have enough movement to run up and kick the prone stinger, which might not be the best move but is definitely the funniest move

glwgameplayer posted:

How much heat damage do flamers do in this game?

3 heat + 3 damage, thanks to the optional rule Scintilla's using

biosterous fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jun 25, 2023

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pew pew pew thunk thunk BLAM WHOOSHSHSHSHSH sizzle man i love Battletech

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

With a hip and a leg actuator out, the Stinger's effectively mission-killed. It's a short range mech, has to spend MP (and make a PSR) to even stand up, then has to make PSRs if it wants to run without falling over. It will be very difficult for it to pose any kind of threat.

Pick it off as a target of opportunity if you don't have anything better to spend the heat on, but don't waste ammunition or focus on it.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Oh my god that tac :stonklol:

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022

biosterous posted:

3 heat + 3 damage, thanks to the optional rule Scintilla's using

Trebuchet

Okay… so that’s a current max of 9 heat right now. I would be safe from heat penalties if I only fire one laser, if I wanted to be spicy I could fire two and hope one of the flamers miss. It’s kinda rough only having the base 10 heat sinks. I basically have 2 plans of attack (and a meme optionright now

1. Circle around the enemy’s back and apply pressure. I can run to 2708 turn directly north and fire all three lasers into the enemy Treb’s backside. 8+ isn’t great odds, but it only takes one to shred it’s rear torso armor. More importantly if it wants to retaliate it will have to back straight up or turn around, sharply cutting it’s evasion. Or it can ignore me and run forward. The two Galeons will get a 10+ shot on me with their M lasers but I don’t think I am in danger from anywhere else.

2. I could run into the spot the Blackjack is currently occupying. I don’t think I have any hope of hitting the fire starter but I could try and mess up the stinger some more. But since it’s leg is already busted I’m not sure if the stinger will be a problem . The fire starter is also very bad for me because I only have 10 heatsinks.

3. The meme option I get behind the trebuchet or in front of the fire starter and try to sweep the leg. If I gently caress this up I might fall directly on my rear end

How do we feel lads?

glwgameplayer fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 25, 2023

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I think the Warhammer can get directly behind the treb and shoot it's lasers plus kick. The treb only has a choice of two ML or 1 laser 1srm to shoot something behind it, so it's going to be taking the worse part of that exchange.

The firestarter is basically impossible for me or any of us to hit this turn, the best case scenario is needing a ten on the dice. I think the treb is our best target for now, the firestarter does basically nothing if you're further than 3 hexes away from it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Space Kablooey posted:

Oh my god that tac :stonklol:

Oh yeah two ct tacs are terrifying

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
I’m an idiot, I plotted my course as if I needed to go around the warhammer, when I don’t need to at all. That gives me more options for flanking the enemy Treb.

Question, how does like of sight work when it comes to shooting around your allies? If the warhammer gets right into the Treb’s back slot will I be able to hit them there? Or should I try a different angle. If I sprint I can fit pretty flexibly in the area behind the Treb, I just want to be sure before I commit

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

glwgameplayer posted:

Question, how does like of sight work when it comes to shooting around your allies? If the warhammer gets right into the Treb’s back slot will I be able to hit them there? Or should I try a different angle. If I sprint I can fit pretty flexibly in the area behind the Treb, I just want to be sure before I commit
'Mechs do not interfere with LOS, either ally or enemy.

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

glwgameplayer posted:

I’m an idiot, I plotted my course as if I needed to go around the warhammer, when I don’t need to at all. That gives me more options for flanking the enemy Treb.

Yeah the hex/mech scale is not 1:1 with what it portrays. Hexes are big, the mech doesn't occupy the entire hex, so shooting past a friendly mech or navigating through its hex is trivial.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
Trebuchet

In that case I think I’m gonna go to 2807, turn north, torso twist if I have to, and then fire all my lasers at the enemy Treb. (Still on mobile I can’t bold my orders)

Between me and the Warhammer we might be able to break something

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

glwgameplayer posted:

Trebuchet

In that case I think I’m gonna go to 2807, turn north, torso twist if I have to, and then fire all my lasers at the enemy Treb. (Still on mobile I can’t bold my orders)

Between me and the Warhammer we might be able to break something

Warhammer

If I can ever roll a 7+, yeah! :argh: (Also the reason you can't bold is you're using \ instead of /)

But yeah, even with the Galleons moving up to threaten I'm willing to take some damage to get the Trebuchet off the field. I'm going to 2606 via 2407 to get a move mod and giving him the MLs+SLs+kick. A torso twist should also give me a pity PPC shot on 12 at the Firestarter since I have Multi-Tasker. I'd consider throwing some punches instead for the chance to hit high on the Treb, but I'm pretty sure I'm taking an extra to-hit penalty because the Warhammer has pool noodles instead of hand actuators. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong there.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Warhammer
I'd consider throwing some punches instead for the chance to hit high on the Treb, but I'm pretty sure I'm taking an extra to-hit penalty because the Warhammer has pool noodles instead of hand actuators. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong there.

It's -2 to rolls to kick vs +0 to punch, but no chance of falling over if you miss a punch.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Gwaihir posted:

I think the Warhammer can get directly behind the treb and shoot it's lasers plus kick. The treb only has a choice of two ML or 1 laser 1srm to shoot something behind it, so it's going to be taking the worse part of that exchange.

The firestarter is basically impossible for me or any of us to hit this turn, the best case scenario is needing a ten on the dice. I think the treb is our best target for now, the firestarter does basically nothing if you're further than 3 hexes away from it.

Hunchie, where are you planning to move? Was thinking of going 1907 > 1908 > 2007 to get a move mod in before firing on the treb, but I don't wanna bodyblock you if you'r planning on moving through the woods too.

+1 to-hit against me is nice to have but not at the expense of lessening your AC/20's to-hit chances.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
We can't block each other so long as we end in different hexes. I'm not sure where I'm going to try moving yet. I think it'll be an attempt to get shots on the trebuchet though. Have to math out various spots on my PC.

I think leaving the stinger alone is good, it's crippled and will probably kill itself. The firestarter is also no threat outside 3 hexes. The treb has the most firepower ATM by far.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
We are like a group of sharks that smell blood in the water. We sensed the Trebuchet’s weakness and immediately swarmed it.

It would be kind of beautiful if we just speared it from 4 different angles at once.

Edit: also it would be hilarious overkill. But it would be really funny if we fired the AC 20 at the Stinger

glwgameplayer fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 25, 2023

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Gwaihir posted:

We can't block each other so long as we end in different hexes. I'm not sure where I'm going to try moving yet. I think it'll be an attempt to get shots on the trebuchet though. Have to math out various spots on my PC.

Edit: I'm an idiot and did the math wrong - can't move 3 hexes to 2007 so I'll have to settle for a 1-hex movement there that should put me at 7s to hit with my LLs and the enemy Treb at 8s with its arsenal.

I currently don't see any way for you to get into short range for your AC, so you might be best off running to my current spot in 2006, which should give you and the Treb 9s to hit each other. You might be in range of the Firestarter, but there are two hexes of woods between you plus partial cover because of the level 1 hex in 2005 which puts the other at 10s or 11s to hit.

anakha fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jun 25, 2023

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

glwgameplayer posted:

But it would be really funny if we fired the AC 20 at the Stinger

This, and also include more cheesy one-liners in the fluff!

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

glwgameplayer posted:

We are like a group of sharks that smell blood in the water. We sensed the Trebuchet’s weakness and immediately swarmed it.

As they should, 2xSRM6's and 3xML's can do serious damage if they manage to get behind anyone.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Warhammer

If I can ever roll a 7+, yeah! :argh: (Also the reason you can't bold is you're using \ instead of /)

But yeah, even with the Galleons moving up to threaten I'm willing to take some damage to get the Trebuchet off the field. I'm going to 2606 via 2407 to get a move mod and giving him the MLs+SLs+kick. A torso twist should also give me a pity PPC shot on 12 at the Firestarter since I have Multi-Tasker. I'd consider throwing some punches instead for the chance to hit high on the Treb, but I'm pretty sure I'm taking an extra to-hit penalty because the Warhammer has pool noodles instead of hand actuators. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong there.

The lack of hand actuators does in fact hurt your punches. The other thing to consider is that a successful kick forces a PSR, and doing more than 20 damage in a round also forces a PSR. A kick from a 70-ton Mech should do 14 damage, meaning that if you also hit with as many as two of the lasers you'll get to 20.

Not to mention that a kick is almost guaranteed to hit the legs, so a successful 14-point kick will take the Treb down to one point of armor on that leg, a serious vulnerability.

Your other option would be to Run to 2908 and dump your PPCs into his back. That would come at a noticeable heat cost.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Gnoman posted:

The lack of hand actuators does in fact hurt your punches. The other thing to consider is that a successful kick forces a PSR, and doing more than 20 damage in a round also forces a PSR. A kick from a 70-ton Mech should do 14 damage, meaning that if you also hit with as many as two of the lasers you'll get to 20.

Not to mention that a kick is almost guaranteed to hit the legs, so a successful 14-point kick will take the Treb down to one point of armor on that leg, a serious vulnerability.

Your other option would be to Run to 2908 and dump your PPCs into his back. That would come at a noticeable heat cost.

Thanks, I was pretty sure that was the case. I can't make it to 2908 as a 4/6, I could torso twist and shoot from 2808 but I think I'm better off going for the kick and taking the chance to cool off in the process. So: confirmed, taking the Warhammer to 2606 and backshot-kicking the Trebuchet, and now that I look at it again I notice I should have a slightly better PPC shot at the Galleon instead of the Firestarter so I'll make them the secondary target instead.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

quote:

Pilot: Nathan Howell
Mood: Euphoric

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

aniviron posted:

Pilot: Nathan Howell
Mood: Euphoric

He's in his happy place.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

He's also pretty 'armless now :v:

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022

Space Kablooey posted:

I will say, cutting off a fourth of the Firestarter's flame damage is pretty great because without it the Firestarter could deal enough heat damage to completely kneecap me in particular since I only have 10 heatsinks. Not that it's having much luck actually hitting us with those things. A max range of 3 is really rough.

Hitting it in the arm is still the worst thing that could have happened. Blowing a torso or a leg off would have been way better

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Space Kablooey posted:

Bah, 'tis but a scratch.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.

Scintilla posted:

Bah, 'tis but a scratch.

Careful he doesn't... bite your... kneecaps?

I don't think I'm doing it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Obviously Black Knights need to be excluded from the mobility kill rule