Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Mr.PayDay posted:

How does it weaken him if the most battle ready units that could have just kept on marching into the core of Russia made a 180° turn while beeing an unstoppable force , shooting down air vehicles and their leader suddenly going “I got a call, we have an agreement, good luck and good bye”.

That call based on a narrative where Putin gave the order to.

The weakend Putin survived the weekend?
Is he beeing replaced? Does the special operation end?

I fear the worst for the Ukrainians if your perspective/interpretation is correct, so I hope I am wrong.

Part of the deal is that those aforementioned most battle ready units will no longer be participating in any battles.

He almost got couped, showed that he gives in to threats easily, is unable to keep the Russian homeland safe for Russians AND his sterling deal is that the only soldiers who were making any accomplishments in the war are now just out.

Ukraine just had Russian manpower reduced by 25,000 plus 10 aircrafts and possibly more since it’s looking like there will be MoD purges now and this is somehow good for Russia?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/NXC2yB8.mp4

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I'm just throwing this out there, but trying to pull a purge in this day and age where news can travel extremely fast and you've just proven rather spectacularly that your state's internal defenses are basically theoretical seems like a bad call.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Tankies are right-wingers who realize being too right-wing is unsavory but also interpret left-wing as being morally and intellectually superior to you loving Liberals so if they sprinkle in stuff like free healthcare and women's rights it is much more acceptable to push for the real stuff they want, which is to say subjugating that country full of filthy loving idiots who Have Always Been Like That and they need a big strong smart leader from my country to make all of the decisions for them after 20% of the population finds out what it's like inside a white phosphorous cloud and they were inherently fascist if not by their genetics then by the part of they world they were born in because they were not pure enough to exist with sovereignity. And something something Make Communism Great Again.

It is also very funny and refreshing to watch them deal with Russia losing a genocidal war it started with Ukraine that isn't willfully pretending :tif: because they cannot come to terms with anything other than "USA = bad, anything that says the USA is bad = good"

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.
Lots of people can’t deal with any ambiguity or unknown factors in the news so everything rigidly fits into conspiracy theories or ideological tunnels.

Like we just don’t know what happened yesterday.

Everyone involved is a devious liar who constantly uses propaganda. There’s no free press. We don’t have any access into the inner thoughts or inner workings of anyone involved. There’s a constant fog of war. Even basics like casualty reports are deep into who the gently caress knows territory.

We can only know the big observable events but interpretation is very difficult without the missing data.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
So how much money do we think prig was given to call it off? 1billion?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

MEAT STORY

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

1460 Meat Story is a fine dining spot in Rostov-on-Don that specializes in meat dishes. The ambiance is cozy and inviting, with live music providing a pleasant background. The interior design is sleek and modern, with a wall of celebrity photographs showcasing the establishment's popularity. Prices are reasonable for a high-end eatery, with main courses ranging from 400 to 700 rubles.

Located in the historic center of Rostov-on-Don, 1460 Meat Story offers outdoor seating for those who prefer to dine al fresco.

Sounds nice.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

steinrokkan posted:

2) what media do you consider good

Papa Smurf Lick My rear end is a pretty good song

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

"Tankie" is a fun word and all but can we cut to the chase and just call them commies? Cause it's what they are. I know someone's gonna be like "but Marx etc., etc.!" But come on, that ship sailed generations ago. When people talk about "communists," this is who they're referring to.

Like if someone asks "why the hell would anybody be on Russia's side" and you tell them "they're tankies," you'll still have some explaining to do. But if you say "they're commies," they'll understand exactly the type of person you're talking about immediately.

they're Stalinists

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

"Tankie" is a fun word and all but can we cut to the chase and just call them commies? Cause it's what they are. I know someone's gonna be like "but Marx etc., etc.!" But come on, that ship sailed generations ago. When people talk about "communists," this is who they're referring to.

Like if someone asks "why the hell would anybody be on Russia's side" and you tell them "they're tankies," you'll still have some explaining to do. But if you say "they're commies," they'll understand exactly the type of person you're talking about immediately.

No.

Interesting that you think being a communist is a pejorative though.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.
Genocide aficionados

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Tank enjoyers might be my favorite meme-y description of them.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Commies = good
Weird too online alternate reality aggro sociopath authoritarian american exceptionalist "tankies" = bad

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Armchair wannabe fash, cowards who just want to vomit word salad to distract from the fact that they are morally debased? "tankie" is fine, also, they have as much to do with communism as Mcartheyism has to do with a big mac.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Vire posted:

No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn5lEuiwtfQ

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

shortest russian novel

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

invasion going so well I gotta purge my military brass like its 1941

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
rename wagner to priggie's glizzies

also lol this is the 4th iteration of this thread and I appreciate the reminders that instead of hating putin, we all just have some growing up to do

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
another name for them is Putin's useful idiots.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

In between all this wasn't there some chat about Russia advancing on that nuclear plant?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

staberind posted:

Armchair wannabe fash, cowards who just want to vomit word salad to distract from the fact that they are morally debased? "tankie" is fine, also, they have as much to do with communism as Mcartheyism has to do with a big mac.

:yeah:

It's also hilarious when you see those people call themselves the real left while they repost Jackson Hinkle tweets and cite Fox News 'experts' as gospel. The hate speech alignment seems to be the core here. Like, say, having zero problems with a vociferous homophobe/transphobe from Canada acting as their main military expert.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Alan Smithee posted:

shortest russian novel

War and Meat

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Schweinhund posted:

another name for them is Putin's useful idiots.

(P)utins
(U)seful
(D)umbasse(s)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

Lots of people can’t deal with any ambiguity or unknown factors in the news so everything rigidly fits into conspiracy theories or ideological tunnels.

Like we just don’t know what happened yesterday.

Everyone involved is a devious liar who constantly uses propaganda. There’s no free press. We don’t have any access into the inner thoughts or inner workings of anyone involved. There’s a constant fog of war. Even basics like casualty reports are deep into who the gently caress knows territory.

We can only know the big observable events but interpretation is very difficult without the missing data.

Lol remember how using the word “nuance” in regard to things like Iraq and terrorism became a badge of ridicule, only to be used by ivory-tower eggheads who don’t understand how the real world is a struggle between good and evil

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Terminally Bored posted:

:yeah:

It's also hilarious when you see those people call themselves the real left while they repost Jackson Hinkle tweets and cite Fox News 'experts' as gospel. The hate speech alignment seems to be the core here. Like, say, having zero problems with a vociferous homophobe/transphobe from Canada acting as their main military expert.

Buddy, everyone knows if you have a lanyard then you are an expert.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
when are they gonna get to the meat story??

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

InsertPotPun posted:

when are they gonna get to the meat story??

*opens picture book* We start here at Floor 1, café at street level...

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

Vire posted:

No.

I'm sure the version of Communism that exists in your head is great, but every example of Communism as practiced has ended up being a horrific police state, so yes in the real world Communist is absolutely a pejorative.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Meat Story was my favorite pixel indie game before it got run into the ground by knockoffs

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016
Here's a novel idea:

How about we just.. NOT talk about tankies?

They're not worth it anyway

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

thekeeshman posted:

I'm sure the version of Communism that exists in your head is great, but every example of Communism as practiced has ended up being a horrific police state, so yes in the real world Communist is absolutely a pejorative.

Hi posters, i never read or post in GBS but I checked it out just now for some war info (I definitely don't want to read the cspam or dnd threads), but is this the level of posting that happens here? Or is this guy just a moron and not indicative of the thread? Thanks, and god bless.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

A Name means nothing on a battlefield, after a week no one has a name

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

nawilo_420 posted:

Hi posters, i never read or post in GBS but I checked it out just now for some war info (I definitely don't want to read the cspam or dnd threads), but is this the level of posting that happens here? Or is this guy just a moron and not indicative of the thread? Thanks, and god bless.

If Communism's so great how about you gently caress off to a Communist country so we'll be rid of your stupidity.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

nawilo_420 posted:

Lmao

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

No you see all the genocide wasn't communism it was all Stalin, and if it wasn't Stalin then it didn't happen, and if it did happen they deserved it

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Look, if you consider a spherical communism in a vacuum...

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

the problem is there's lots of types of communists.

freshly minted college students with new ideas, 1960's soviet factory workers, brutal regime overlords, chinese government office workers, etc.

They all hate Jesus and I think that's the real problem here.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

nawilo_420 posted:

its 520 pages of us arguing about the definition of a word. yes, bye then.
whuat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

thekeeshman posted:

If Communism's so great how about you gently caress off to a Communist country so we'll be rid of your stupidity.

Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses.