Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kyber crystals are the magnets of the star wars universe, and the Jedi are Shaggy 2 Dope and Sith are Violent J

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Finished Wind Temple in TotK last night btw, it was badass

It was on the scale of BotW dungeons rather than classic Zelda ones but the leadup to it where you're flying around the sky islands in the blizzard probably counted as part of the dungeon too, and the concept (fleet of ghost ships floating inside a giant storm cloud with a flying ice serpent imprisoned within) was metal as gently caress

Probably gonna go check out the Hylian corner of the map now so I can visit those towns before I start hunting for another temple

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gotta say I really appreciate how this is the first Zelda game that actually does something interesting with Zelda's character (besides possibly Wind Waker)

like, it actually appears to be giving her a legend :eyepop:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

olives black posted:

every star wars game with lightsabers has had to mod in proper gore/dismemberment afaik

jedi knight 2/3 had it in the base game, you just had to enable it through the console

incidentally, they're now playable on your quest/pico, sabering through troopers in VR is so loving amazing

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Oh, I also like that it brought back masks

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Truga posted:

jedi knight 2/3 had it in the base game, you just had to enable it through the console

incidentally, they're now playable on your quest/pico, sabering through troopers in VR is so loving amazing

empire watching rodian gangsters with instant hit aimbot rifles: could we use them instead? nah that is too dishonorable

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Epic High Five posted:

Kyber crystals are the magnets of the star wars universe, and the Jedi are Shaggy 2 Dope and Sith are Violent J

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SirSamVimes posted:

it's okay for a boss fight to finish with a series of qtes if the visuals are adequately sicknasty

I'm realising No More Heroes basically used motion controls for QTEs and that is absolutely the best way to do it

it is not the same game if I'm not slashing the controller to cut heads off dudes

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Went to JC Penny Family Photo Studio yesterday and my infant girl was a star. Big smiles and attentive head posing. She was a dream.

Toddler boy went everywhere except the little red dot that triggers the flash.

I highly recommend a Department Store style photo session for you family. It makes you shower, dress up nice, and get in the car.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Arthur Chu's reddit found

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

love video gamin' in 2023

smarxist has issued a correction as of 15:33 on Jun 25, 2023

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
ff16 is a very good video game, it is also a very bad final fantasy game

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

is it only ps5?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

smarxist posted:

lmao

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I bought a second Steam Deck for the ants.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

CaptainBeefart posted:

oh really well how about you give me some money, rockefeller

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

smarxist posted:

your local used games store has good console stuff that doesn't require a network connection

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Lpzie posted:

go outside

just pulled a tick off of my leg this morning. was outside for all of 30 minutes yesterday.

so gently caress that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CaptainBeefart posted:

the ants are probably living in the deck like gaben left his lunch in there and they only come out when the guy stops moving it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

euphronius posted:

is it only ps5?

Yup

Methinks shan't etc etc etc

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

euphronius posted:

is it only ps5?

Only for now, it comes out on everything else in a few months

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

ants love those sweet vent fumes

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe games should have an offline mode

Just a thought

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

Only for now, it comes out on everything else in a few months

That's cool, I thought it was next year

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Risutora posted:

ants love those sweet vent fumes

yeah i find the ones on the switch smell real nice unironically

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Maybe games should have an offline mode

Just a thought

a thought that was immediately placed in the trash by the shareholders and their elected ceo, sorry

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

one time when i worked at a game store in texas two dudes wearing overalls and no shirts came in to sell their old gamecube but when i went to hook it up and test it i saw literally dozens of roaches living inside and had to turn em down...they were really nice about it though

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

It's gonna be hella hosed up if I make it thru this whole console generation without being tempted to buy one

I desire my consumer gadgets

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Palladium posted:

yeah i find the ones on the switch smell real nice unironically

this guy just admitted to being an ant

get out of here ant!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

BoothBaberGinsburg posted:

one time when i worked at a game store in texas two dudes wearing overalls and no shirts came in to sell their old gamecube but when i went to hook it up and test it i saw literally dozens of roaches living inside and had to turn em down...they were really nice about it though

🪳

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

BoothBaberGinsburg posted:

The American Mario Brothers

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Communist Thoughts posted:

It's gonna be hella hosed up if I make it thru this whole console generation without being tempted to buy one

I desire my consumer gadgets

the ps5 might get me if only to have a back-up blu-ray/PS4/Youtube player

the new Xbox thing though -> :lol:

olives black has issued a correction as of 17:31 on Jun 25, 2023

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

smarxist posted:

lol diablo iv is the laggiest loving game i've ever played even when blizzard isn't getting cyber crimed. i lost three hardcore characters to lag/random disconnect before i gave it up and just played eternal

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

BUSH 2112 posted:

lol diablo iv is the laggiest loving game i've ever played even when blizzard isn't getting cyber crimed. i lost three hardcore characters to lag/random disconnect before i gave it up and just played eternal

this is why they never improve

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hardcore d4 is a fools errand ive seen so many deaths from server gently caress ups in compilation vids

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Grapplejack posted:

this is why they never improve

they never improve because video games aren't a novel medium anymore. they're a decades old culturally entrenched industry run by billionaires who are hellbent on sucking every last dime out of people, and this is especially true of established brands like blizzard

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Baby napped on me for two straight hours of Zelda today while still getting to feel like I was doing important parenting work, love to see it

So hard keeping this baby calm, I almost can't find all these bubbulfrogs

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

wake your baby up and ask them to look it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the first 6 months of parental leave fatherhood is the most productive gaming time you will ever have and then boom they can crawl off the baby pillow one day and its over