Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carebear
Apr 16, 2003

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno you will won't.
A Let's Play video of A Week of Garfield, possibly made by a goon. A quote: "I hate this game, who made this game." The video is hilarious and I haven't been able to find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

mr_jolly posted:

Here's a bit of an obscure and maybe impossible one! Can anyone identify what old film this clip is from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmL7gBezIpQ

Backstory, I've got a compilation CD with loads of obscure but sometimes good songs on (the trip by saint Etienne) and this is one of the songs on it. Had a look on YouTube to see if there were any other songs by the singer and noticed this video someone had made.

I thought one of the dancers might have been Judy garland but hard to tell with the quality of the clip.

Looks like someone has asked the uploaded a few years ago where the clip came from but no reply.

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHmmS6XquYA

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

Whoah! Brilliant thanks! I thought it was black and white and really badly recoloured but it was colour after all!

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
Almost a full year ago, I posted here asking about adorable dragon tchotchkes. I found them - they're the "Dragon Keep by Marty Sculpture" line. And, again, a year ago, I found a collector's guide that listed every design, the release and retirement dates, all that stuff.

Because it was useful, I obviously didn't bookmark it.

I'd like to read over it again but I have no idea where it is, or even what search terms I used to find it. What I really care about is the years of manufacture of model #5013, "ahhh", and what differences there were between production years / runs, but even if I can find just that, I'd still be interested in the full guide.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
sorry i'm just posting to see if i've posted in this thread before . if not i'll post what i'm looking for thanks for listening. there's probably a better way of doing this idk

edit: looks like i didn't so here it is

years ago in the music subforum there was a thread about sharing new music or something like that. someone posted a music video from youtube and the singer who I think was bald sang in an extremely deep weird voice in an empty art gallery. people around him were just looking at blank walls as if there was art on them. i need to watch it again because i remember it being really unintentionally funny. please help me brothers and sisters

Sarah Bellum
Oct 21, 2008

Hungry Squirrel posted:

Almost a full year ago, I posted here asking about adorable dragon tchotchkes. I found them - they're the "Dragon Keep by Marty Sculpture" line. And, again, a year ago, I found a collector's guide that listed every design, the release and retirement dates, all that stuff.

I can't help with the guide you're looking for, but you've reminded me that when my eldest son was very little, I gave him an avocado stone and told him it was a dragon egg. For about two weeks he cared for that avocado stone, made a little nest and put a facecloth on it to keep it warm, and every night before bed I'd tell him a dragon story and get him all excited about the "egg" hatching. After about two weeks, late one night I cut the avocado stone in half and put it back in the nest with one of those gorgeous wee dragon figurines. Oh, he was so excited and happy that his dragon had hatched, even if it wasn't a living, breathing creature. What a lovely memory. Thanks for reminding me of that. I must ask him if he still has it, twenty-some years later.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

This is more like trying to find for days, but I've been looking for a 3 or 4 panel web comic that depicts a happy medieval scene in a marketplace where everyone is going about their business and dressed in colorful clothes then in another panel a film or tv director says something and a bunch of dirt is thrown on everyone and then the next panel is everyone looking drab and unhappy in the style of contemporary "gritty" medieval media

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Hungry Squirrel posted:

Because it was useful, I obviously didn't bookmark it.

I'd like to read over it again but I have no idea where it is, or even what search terms I used to find it. What I really care about is the years of manufacture of model #5013, "ahhh", and what differences there were between production years / runs, but even if I can find just that, I'd still be interested in the full guide.

This perhaps isn't what you want, but here's a start to my efforts:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1756746747...emis&media=COPY
eBay auction for complete set but it gives # and name for all 42. Going by white noise ebay/etsy/worthpoint/etc. search results, it looks like random people will appear and say "OMG That's #5570 'Arfgobbler' made in 1989! My aunt gave this to me..." whenever one of these things is listed so maybe go from there once you have a name? (Not sure if you're trying to ID some, or don't remember by sight, etc.)

e: I'm also seeing some posts referencing info from the artist's official website (i.e. full lists of sculptures in each line by the artist), which currently seems to 404 at every page linked (http://www.martysculpture.com)
Didn't try to Wayback Machine etc. it yet

e2: Another popular (currently dead/404-ing) reference page: https://armiks.com/dragon-keep/
e3: Welcome to 2005!

Teketeketeketeke fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 23, 2023

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Carebear posted:

A Let's Play video of A Week of Garfield, possibly made by a goon. A quote: "I hate this game, who made this game." The video is hilarious and I haven't been able to find it.

There was a forums one in 2008, suspect this isn't the one you're looking for though. Mildly notable that the videos are still kicking around considering they're on vimeo, who did a big let's play purge a long time ago because they didn't meet vimeo's standards of being ~creative~.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I think it was Dall-E 2 or Midjourney art. It was a digital painting of a fantasy dude in a trenchcoat (face not shown) but inside the trenchcoat were kittens of various colors hanging in the pockets. Like a black market kitten dealer. My D&D players recently established a kitten orphanage, and it would be perfect to use as an NPC portrait....if I can find it again.

ETA: vvvvv God bless you, good goon.

Dienes fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jun 25, 2023

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Dienes posted:

I think it was Dall-E 2 or Midjourney art. It was a digital painting of a fantasy dude in a trenchcoat (face not shown) but inside the trenchcoat were kittens of various colors hanging in the pockets. Like a black market kitten dealer. My D&D players recently established a kitten orphanage, and it would be perfect to use as an NPC portrait....if I can find it again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/12tk4t9/cats_resident_evil_4_merchant_got_some_rare/

It’s a resident evil 4 meme technically

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

80's fantasy movie targeted to children. I remeber there was a kid that had some sword of noteriety. I vaguely remember there being some crack in a mountain where he might have transported to a fantasy world and the villain was a guy named Kartow or similar

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Hammu-rob-i posted:

80's fantasy movie targeted to children. I remeber there was a kid that had some sword of noteriety. I vaguely remember there being some crack in a mountain where he might have transported to a fantasy world and the villain was a guy named Kartow or similar

Mio in the Land of Faraway? Christopher Lee plays the villain Kato

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

ZombieCrew posted:

Brought to you by the author of Pippi Longstocking :sweden:

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

axolotl farmer posted:

Brought to you by the author of Pippi Longstocking :sweden:

And a very young Christian Bale is in it too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvB4BlCLniQ

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

ZombieCrew posted:

Having looked up images and a vid nothing for certain clicked that this was it but with Kato being the bad guy and the seperate fantasy world it's gotta be it. Thanks

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

axolotl farmer posted:

Brought to you by the author of Pippi Longstocking The Brothers Lionheart :black101: :sweden:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

gently caress, Bröderna Lejonhjärta is such a good book.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

There’s a BBC drama/documentary thing from about 2010 presented as a live news broadcast and based on “what if Russia kicked off.” It ends with the 4 minute warning going off, and there’s a really memorable scene where a reporter in Warsaw goes “we are hearing sirens… I should-“ and there’s a flash and the video cuts off.

For obvious reasons it’s either vanished completely from YouTube, or at least is completely concealed amongst all the actual “what if Russia kicked off” content. Anyone know what it was called, and where it might still be found?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

~Coxy posted:

If there's anything we've learned in this thread it's that youtube search sucks so much that if you search for, say, "PBS Stay Fresh" it won't surface a video that has all those words in its title.

it's dogshit now, they show you like 5 videos that may or may not be relevant and then go oh hey here's some unrelated poo poo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sanford posted:

There’s a BBC drama/documentary thing from about 2010 presented as a live news broadcast and based on “what if Russia kicked off.” It ends with the 4 minute warning going off, and there’s a really memorable scene where a reporter in Warsaw goes “we are hearing sirens… I should-“ and there’s a flash and the video cuts off.

For obvious reasons it’s either vanished completely from YouTube, or at least is completely concealed amongst all the actual “what if Russia kicked off” content. Anyone know what it was called, and where it might still be found?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cAZZR_Jki0

Seem about right?

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Sanford posted:

Is it this one?

EDIT: thought it was different but just seems to be a different version of the above.

Zathril fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jun 27, 2023

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

gently caress, Bröderna Lejonhjärta is such a good book.

It really is, I should reread that. It seems kinda heavy for kids in retrospect but I remember loving it as a child.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
I can't remember if it was SomethingAwful or some other satirical website but I remember reading these astronaut quote blurbs and the last one was just about him being on a space station seeing another astronaut at the airlock begging to be let inside while his crewmate inside begs him not to open the door, and how it puts things into perspective.

Sort of a vague description but I can't find this and I can't think of any better details that would help me narrow down my search for this... article?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Revitalized posted:

I can't remember if it was SomethingAwful or some other satirical website but I remember reading these astronaut quote blurbs and the last one was just about him being on a space station seeing another astronaut at the airlock begging to be let inside while his crewmate inside begs him not to open the door, and how it puts things into perspective.

Sort of a vague description but I can't find this and I can't think of any better details that would help me narrow down my search for this... article?
It's from clickhole
https://web.archive.org/web/20180411101435/http://www.clickhole.com/post/incredible-we-asked-these-astronauts-what-its-be-s-2186

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Wayback Machine

I had somehow forgotten that the Wayback Machine existed. Thank you for that, and the links! I learned two things: The dragon that I am positive is the one that was gifted to me in the late nineties, stopped being produced in the eighties.

:iiam:

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Hungry Squirrel posted:

I had somehow forgotten that the Wayback Machine existed. Thank you for that, and the links! I learned two things: The dragon that I am positive is the one that was gifted to me in the late nineties, stopped being produced in the eighties.

:iiam:

This last point is to me at least, not that weird. Growing up in the nineties there was a local toyshop called Alladins cave, and it was quite a small shop, but just packed floor to ceiling with toys. Toys would be stacked up, too, and in the piles would be other things. And it all just sat there, building up. Some stuff would come and go, obviously, but loads of stuff just stayed there. I definitely picked up action figures from the 80s in the mid 90s and thought it was normal. I reckon that must have been true of a lot of toyshops back then, and this was a tiny one.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sanford posted:

Did we get it

FlapjackMcKnuckles
Jan 26, 2010

Every time I roll by this thread, I think about my white whale, then I try to google it again to no avail. I’ll give it a shot here.

I saw scans of a comic or graphic novel years ago on an old tumblr account. It looked like it was illustrated in the 80’s, and from what I remember, there was little to no dialog. The story was set in a post apocalyptic world where everyone was partially made of machine or robot parts. At one point, a woman who doesn’t have robotic parts is captured, and exiled. She wanders until finding a metal roboty tree with a single apple, which she eats. She undergoes a psychedelic transformation into an egg, which hatches into a grotesque human robot thing.

It’s been stuck in my brain for years, but I can’t remember the name of it, and no amount of googling has found it again.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Sounds a lot like a Heavy Metal/Metal Hurlant sort of thing, if you haven't specifically looked for that yet.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

More specifically, this could be from The Incal, by none other than Jodorowsky.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

FlapjackMcKnuckles posted:

Every time I roll by this thread, I think about my white whale, then I try to google it again to no avail. I’ll give it a shot here.

I saw scans of a comic or graphic novel years ago on an old tumblr account. It looked like it was illustrated in the 80’s, and from what I remember, there was little to no dialog. The story was set in a post apocalyptic world where everyone was partially made of machine or robot parts. At one point, a woman who doesn’t have robotic parts is captured, and exiled. She wanders until finding a metal roboty tree with a single apple, which she eats. She undergoes a psychedelic transformation into an egg, which hatches into a grotesque human robot thing.

It’s been stuck in my brain for years, but I can’t remember the name of it, and no amount of googling has found it again.

While it could be a reprint or a similar story it seems to be in Heavy Metal's July 2006 issue Volume XXX No 3. The story is called Hybris by Royo and Altarriba.

FlapjackMcKnuckles
Jan 26, 2010

Maigius posted:

While it could be a reprint or a similar story it seems to be in Heavy Metal's July 2006 issue Volume XXX No 3. The story is called Hybris by Royo and Altarriba.

That’s it! Thank you!

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Does anyone remember a scene from the 90s Beavis and Butthead where they are sitting in a class somewhere laughing really hard? It was their typical "huh huh huh" "heh heh heh" laughs but like super rapid and high pitched. I can hear it in my mind but I'd like to watch it again.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Barry bonds yams gif

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

Mr. Lobe posted:

This is more like trying to find for days, but I've been looking for a 3 or 4 panel web comic that depicts a happy medieval scene in a marketplace where everyone is going about their business and dressed in colorful clothes then in another panel a film or tv director says something and a bunch of dirt is thrown on everyone and then the next panel is everyone looking drab and unhappy in the style of contemporary "gritty" medieval media

Was it this one?
https://twitter.com/glass_zealot/status/1349465899284180993

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Does anyone remember a scene from the 90s Beavis and Butthead where they are sitting in a class somewhere laughing really hard? It was their typical "huh huh huh" "heh heh heh" laughs but like super rapid and high pitched. I can hear it in my mind but I'd like to watch it again.

This, maybe?
https://youtube.com/watch?v=RRt4ody2r-Q&feature=share8

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Hahaha, that's a great guess, but no. The scene I'm thinking about, they're openly laughing as someone is speaking. That youtube video game me a hearty laugh though :)

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yes! Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Here's an interesting one: When I was really little (late '80s), I remember watching some kind of Muppet thing; I don't remember if it was a special or an episode of The Muppet Show but it wasn't one of the '80s movies. Something about Kermit talking wistfully about his early years in his swamp? My memory was that he was under the influence of truth serum or something like that, but this could be a false memory.

I've looked and I've never found what this could have been.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jul 12, 2023