Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

HazCat posted:

The PAPRs are much more expensive for very minor comfort benefits (plus they look extremely silly), which is why basically no one wears them.

hes wearing it w another ventilator its not for comfort its pure strain uncontrolled paranoia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
was gonna respond but stux knocked it out of the park

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
First you have to kill the COVID virus in your head.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

did you buy an N95 on Amazon?

Good. Now throw that poo poo away.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Smirking_Serpent posted:

did you buy an N95 on Amazon?

Good. Now throw that poo poo away.

Cackling at the thought of french onion respirators

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
those people really don't look cool

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Climbed some unreasonably dinky stairs up a tower to go on a bridge overlooking the greater part of a small forest reserve looking out to the city skyline, sun on my face as fat white clouds billow slowly across the horizon. Went down and checked out some monkeys playing with their child and stealing half an ice cream bar from a giggling toddler. A friend snipped off leaves and stems off a plant. We washed off the mud in a nearby stream and hid it in a folded up brochure. We lay on grass and pondered buying ice cold bottled water, feeling the warmth of the earth staining our shirts.

i just got back from a daybreak hike, gorgeous views and i saw two woodpeckers, no monkeys tho

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
in general more nature chat and less covid chat of any kind would b good

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Stux posted:

hes wearing it w another ventilator its not for comfort its pure strain uncontrolled paranoia

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Climbed some unreasonably dinky stairs up a tower to go on a bridge overlooking the greater part of a small forest reserve looking out to the city skyline, sun on my face as fat white clouds billow slowly across the horizon. Went down and checked out some monkeys playing with their child and stealing half an ice cream bar from a giggling toddler. A friend snipped off leaves and stems off a plant. We washed off the mud in a nearby stream and hid it in a folded up brochure. We lay on grass and pondered buying ice cold bottled water, feeling the warmth of the earth staining our shirts.

just loving tell us how to make the mashed potatoes already

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
smoking weed every day made my lungs too hostile of an environment for covid to flourish. i recommend this

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

fun hater posted:

smoking weed every day made my lungs too hostile of an environment for covid to flourish. i recommend this

This didn’t work for me, but once I got it I didn’t want to disturb an already fragile ecosystem by stopping.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Stux posted:

its a powered respirator. they wear them in a bunch of industrial work, or in labs when actively handling stuff like covid or other even worse stuff, but theyll just use the papr bcos the other respirator is completely redundant at that point. however if youre so paranoid you think everyone laughing at you has covid brain damage youll wear both anyway to Feel Safe.

Ball Park Goon is definitely not wearing a PAPR, that's just a regular-rear end half-mask respirator and a cheap plastic faceshield to increase performativeness:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

New lore dropped:

Whereas a PAPR would look more like this:

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
when mask mandate lifted a bunch of artists i knew would get incredibly furious about masks being optional at conventions as if a paper mask was capable of protecting you from breathing the same air for 8+hours while people are shoved nuts to butts in a room the size of a mcdonalds

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Catching diseases has been a whole meme about cons for years, even after they started telling people to please shower and use deodorant, and possibly giving lessons on how.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Catching diseases has been a whole meme about cons for years, even after they started telling people to please shower and use deodorant, and possibly giving lessons on how.

I remember the daily 321 (hours sleep, meals, shower) principle being mentioned at a con I went to in 2002.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cthulu Carl posted:

Ball Park Goon is definitely not wearing a PAPR, that's just a regular-rear end half-mask respirator and a cheap plastic faceshield to increase performativeness:

Whereas a PAPR would look more like this:

ur right i t looks liek the papr is a seperate thing he uses for busking NOT for baseball. was mixed up cos some of them do only cover the front of ur face

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Improbable Lobster posted:

there are people, that aren't on forums dot something awful dot com

:dafuq:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Covid 19 is epic.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

fun hater posted:

one of my favorite random data points when covid first was released (by the CDC) was that smokers were statistically underrepresented in covid patients and that therefore smoking helped protect you from covid. was this ever disproven

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I've seen people say that expecting people to shower at cons or making fun of smash bros tourneys for being rank as hell as being ableist lol

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
you may now be disqualified from official Yu-Gi-Oh! tournaments if you smell bad enough

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
lmao @ this thread

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I AM GRANDO posted:

I know this is a little outside the bounds of this thread, but I just watched this video about the investigation into the source of the original backrooms photo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxkvmsEzvAY

One of the leads mentioned is an old gbs creepy images thread here on SA. It’s just someone’s anonymous recollection and I’m almost certain that they’re wrong, but is there any way to investigate the old creepy images threads? Waffleimages is lost, right?

I'm still watching this but the original backrooms 4chan post was written by goon black August

Black August posted:

Oh, yeah, I forget if I mentioned it here but I was the one who wrote the Backrooms blurb to begin with. I had no idea what it had become until months and months later.

In this game you’re seeing some of the ideas I’ve been working on all this time that the Backrooms / The Back came from.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

one of my favorite random data points when covid first was released (by the CDC) was that smokers were statistically underrepresented in covid patients and that therefore smoking helped protect you from covid. was this ever disproven

Wasn't that because they just immediately died and weren't technically 'patients'

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i want my bb

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

pentyne posted:

Wasn't that because they just immediately died and weren't technically 'patients'

Or that they thought they're horrible cough was just a normal part of smoking

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

i cant play final fantasy 16 and do not expect to be able to anytime soon since my pc is also really old and bad, so i am instead catching up on venerated rpg history by playing the legend of heroes: trails in the sky :cheersdoge:

I’m jealous of anyone getting to play to play SC for their first time.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Feels Villeneuve posted:

you may now be disqualified from official Yu-Gi-Oh! tournaments if you smell bad enough

the ygo players at my lgs bring a smell and vibe i find most unpleasant

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I went to a midnight release for Pokemon X/Y at a small Gamestop and it was probably the most offensive smelling place I've ever been in my life. Regretted it immensely lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

TheMightyBoops posted:

I’m jealous of anyone getting to play to play SC for their first time.

same, but starcraft