Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Azhais posted:

This is an outrage

No it isn't

Fishing minigames suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i cheat at fishing minigames. not a fan, but often neat rewards. WoW fishing was my favourite because it was really fun setting up the sneaky little fishing bots and things. You could tell the devs were also having fun each expansion adding new stuff to make it harder to use the fishing bots without really stopping them. Then they figured out the ultimate trick of forgetting to do anything special for it at all so that nobody even wanted to fish let alone bot about it.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

The Lone Badger posted:

Can I romance the planet?

Solaris gameplay elements, along with portraits of Gagarin, have been removed from the game

Cross-Section posted:

But enough about the eventual(?) Mass Effect 4 thread

Cope all you want, Mass Effect: Andromeda still exists

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

moon and planet, quebec day, a day for starfield? Can you go there? Run out of coffee for sure. You can go to that planet and explore. Romance and human interactions baby. What are we to do? go get jam.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

moon demon posted:

how is moon formed. how make babby moon

I think that was the Dead Space 3 plot?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

No it isn't

Fishing minigames suck

smoke a doob and try it then

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

If SF's creative director wanted the interviewer to clarify their definition of fishing only to then outright deny the sportfishing method with a rod, and if there's potential for harvesting resources for crafting/outposts, it could logically mean only one thing:

Tankbuster posted:

the aurora drug is based off the fish iirc. So you are probably going to be doing industrial fishing.
You're gonna be able to dump all reduntant life support and instead hook up fuckoff nets to your lego starships to trawl water planets for alien sardines and crab.

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 25, 2023

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Everyone is going to feel so silly when they find out that the reason Todd can't say more about the fishing in this game is because they got the creators of Bass Pro Fishing 2017 to put the entire game into Starfield as the fishing minigame. Can't wait!

imadethis
Jul 14, 2012

fuck off polisie car

Cardboard Fox posted:

Everyone is going to feel so silly when they find out that the reason Todd can't say more about the fishing in this game is because they got the creators of Bass Pro Fishing 2017 to put the entire game into Starfield as the fishing minigame. Can't wait!

Starfield: it’s like Bass Pro Fishing with guns!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Who cares about fishing when there's dino hunting.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I wanna capture animals and make a space zoo

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gorgolflox posted:

I wanna capture animals and make a space zoo

And you shall be named Conroy Bumpus

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

John F Bennett posted:

Who cares about fishing when there's dino hunting.

Who cares about dino hunting when there's sandwich hoarding?

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
ObsidianAnt is a government psy-ops project to see how far the limits of milquetoastness and vacuousness can be pushed while still gaining YouTube subscriptions and the agents running it are terrified and appalled at the results

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

moon demon posted:

how is moon formed. how make babby moon

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Cancel your physical preorders if you ordered anything but the constellation edition:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1672977162792587265

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

(Bethesda will probably clarify this eventually)

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
How am I suppoed to gently caress a planet if there are no physical dicks?

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

imadethis posted:

Starfield: it’s like Bass Pro Fishing with guns!

You land on a seemingly barren and deserted planet only to discover what looks like the remnants of an ancient long dead civilization, a giant silver pyramid gleaming though the dust and haze.

You approach the structure and as you get closer you make out what looks like alien writing on the side.

"Bass Pro Shops".

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

how do I scratch this Starfield itch until the game comes out...

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Aphex- posted:

You land on a seemingly barren and deserted planet only to discover what looks like the remnants of an ancient long dead civilization, a giant silver pyramid gleaming though the dust and haze.

You approach the structure and as you get closer you make out what looks like alien writing on the side.

"Bass Pro Shops".

cyberpunk is unironically doing this wrap it up starfailures

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

frajaq posted:

how do I scratch this Starfield itch until the game comes out...

Skip the itch entirely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w_cm26Mbes

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.

ZeeBoi posted:

Cancel your physical preorders if you ordered anything but the constellation edition:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1672977162792587265

Good news, game badly behind schedule, not ready for printing, hence no disks. :toot:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it should ship with shattered fragments of a disc, like the magic artifact

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Oovee posted:

Good news, game badly behind schedule, not ready for printing, hence no disks. :toot:

Meh, the way this usually works is you ship all the large assets and then require a day-1 patch to even start the game. The parts that are still being worked on will only be relatively small compared to the 100+ GB of the entire install.

Something else is going on here.

Tuna-Fish fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 26, 2023

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

apparently bethesda have clarified, normal version has disc

https://twitter.com/StarfieldNews/status/1673007007291301889?s=20

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
"Collector's Item" is apparently a replica Credstick.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Is this game going to be good?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

ChocNitty posted:

probably, but then i was gullible enough to pre-order fallout 76 so i could be wrong

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

marktheando posted:

probably, but then i was gullible enough to pre-order fallout 76 so i could be wrong

Can’t believe you would post something so brave

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

ChocNitty posted:

its going to be mid like every other game in the last few years

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

ChocNitty posted:

Doesnt have as many technologies as Star Citizen, so no

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

It’ll actually be the next Skyrim

Edit: Starrim

Tenacious J fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 26, 2023

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

ChocNitty posted:

If past Bethesda games are any guidance, the writing will be kinda crap, the main quests will be stupid, and the game will have tons of issues of all kinds... but it will provide the player with a living world that's amazing to explore and inhabit, to a level that's rarely reached by any other games.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Tenacious J posted:

It’ll actually be the next Skyrim

Edit: Starrim

Skyrim with guns

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Starrowind.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
No Mans Fallout

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

So I'm thinking a big advantage to planet themed exploration is that modders can easily introduce new areas without struggling to integrate them in terms of cells and overall geography. That'll go a long way, hopefully, towards mitigating some of the load order hell.

Of course I'm sure some crazy people are gearing up to make Planet Morrowind or something.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

Did you think Fallout 4 was good? Did you think No Man's Sky is good?

If yes to the former, then it will be good since it doesn't take much to qualify. If yes to the latter, then it will be good unless the multiplayer and terrain persistence and takeoff is very important to you.

Good, bad, or worst, I'd say Bethesda games are worth the price of admission. Even if it's bad it's the kind of bad you remember and can talk about years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think I will enjoy starfield a lot.