Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Ciaphas posted:

i just can't stay away from the things, can i :negative:

the build is failing ciaphas! GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Armitag3 posted:

the build is failing ciaphas! GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Armitag3 posted:

Hey quiggy, you ever been confused for a man?
No, have you?
(gunners have bad rear end smart guns and are alien killing machines)

hell yeah

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
these alien game screenshots look a lot like xcom

please tell me it's like xcom i need a new game oh god

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

psiox posted:

these alien game screenshots look a lot like xcom

please tell me it's like xcom i need a new game oh god

I’ve been watching a friend play and it’s xcom

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Unfortunately doesn't have XCOM's levity, the customization options just aren't really there. But it does play really well!

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

oh drat, just when I was wondering what might scratch the xcom itch next

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

you don't command individual units tho iirc

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Dijkstracula posted:

oh drat, just when I was wondering what might scratch the xcom itch next

check out rimworld OP

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
wait what game is this?

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

rotor posted:

wait what game is this?

Armitag3 posted:

Playing the Aliens Dark Descent tactics game. Really enjoying it so far, kind of like a faster paced XCOM in the way it plays (realtime, not turn based) but the missions are so long and the maps so big that you have to be real systematic and methodical in the way you control your squad, or they're gonna get creamed. If you liked XCOM, give it a shot.

e:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lol

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Armitag3 posted:

Hurrah to ashes, marines

*looks up 'conspirator'* yep ha ha that's me

Armitag3 posted:

I regret to inform that Kenny and Ciaphas just died fighting the alien queen

but because the rest of the squad got killed afterwards trying to save a god damned veterinarian, I have to start the whole mission over, so it's a mulligan for those two
roller coaster ride of a post

Armitag3 posted:

Rousing success

Kenny was promoted to MEDIC, since as a Canadian he's more of a lover than a fighter

it me i'm that

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Ciaphas posted:

been playing that again recently too. i am haaard stuck on the fifth boss atm because i can't cheese it all with valkyrie :cry:
there is no downside to using house rules beyond getting through a single player game faster

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

also armitage i am honored to be chosen for your uhhhhh meat grinder simulator

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Kenny Logins posted:

also armitage i am honored to be chosen for your uhhhhh meat grinder simulator

a day on the corps is like a day on the farm, you'll love it there

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Armitag3 posted:

a day on the corps is like a day on the farm, you'll love it there

every thread's a banquet! every post a fortune!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

psiox posted:

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/Jesuiscontent0/status/1671947617033486354?s=20

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

The last squad has the Tired debuff which prevents me from using my strong marines too often in a row in deployments, so say hello to our next batch of idiots

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

give em the ol' rusty rotor

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

this entered early access yesterday and I'm digging it: what if SnowRunner and Besiege had a baby and sent it to Mars

this appears to be extremely my sort of thing; tyvm for bringing it to my attention.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

psiox posted:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Armitag3 posted:

The last squad has the Tired debuff which prevents me from using my strong marines too often in a row in deployments, so say hello to our next batch of idiots

Nice. Give me a shotgun too, that's what I always take in games

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I might check out the alien game, mandalore gave it a pretty positive review

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

helllll yeah

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

thinking about trying Battlebit Remastered but i'm remembering that i always get really excessively nervous in multiplayer team games. it's weird and frustrating to me that i'm almost never able to relax, doubly so when i'm playing poorly, and that no amount of practice or, well, weed has ever changed that

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad

Ciaphas posted:

thinking about trying Battlebit Remastered but i'm remembering that i always get really excessively nervous in multiplayer team games. it's weird and frustrating to me that i'm almost never able to relax, doubly so when i'm playing poorly, and that no amount of practice or, well, weed has ever changed that

Same, kinda. Mostly stick to cooperative games now, or fighting games where it's one on one and thus there's no teammates to end up letting down or get mad over.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

DRG is probably the only game i can think of that hasn't done that to me, probably solely on the power of mashing V. more games need a rock'n'stone button like that

actually now i think about it i haven't checked out the new DRG season yet

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
It's p good, the new enemy types add some decent variety and the new jumpboots can cause some real wild caves to get generated if they spawn on a mission.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
battlebit is like 64v64 or 128v128 or something nuts so you dont need to worry about doing well or letting down your team

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Shaggar posted:

battlebit is like 64v64 or 128v128 or something nuts so you dont need to worry about doing well or letting down your team
sure, but try telling my brain that :v:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
i was in the dota trenches on battle.net circa 2004 and i do not miss that multiplayer experience one bit

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i honestly have no idea how i put up with two years of league

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
except the one time i was pudge and long-range meathooked a rikimaru teammate out of a 5v1 middle of the burning enemy base certain death and into the safety of the forest. everyone praised me and i felt good about myself and what i did for my team that day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

i honestly have no idea how i put up with two years of league

its unbelievably bad. 5v5 is the ultimate in toxicity generation and then on top of that you add in the random unbalanced poo poo-fest that is a moba.