Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
AAA games have been permafucked ever since Capcom realized with the RE4 remake that you can just wait until the reviews are out before sneaking in microtransactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Psycho Society posted:

subnautica's on sale for switch, worth getting?

if you've never played it yes, once you get a handle on the survival mechanics, it's one of the most chill and engrossing survival / exploration games

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Psycho Society posted:

sub auto a kicks aaa but I wouldn’t play it on the switch. it’s buggy and performance starved enough on the PC. plus with base building you really want a mouse and KB

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Psycho Society posted:

subnautica is great and has a lot of little and big surprises in it. highly recommend. has the sub that was just crunched in it which is really loving funny sale timing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
hey subnautica is in the news for some reason, we better throw up a sale

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The GBA was pretty much the peak of portable gaming, everything since has lost 3 things it did well to improve on 1.

Basically it's probably not even possible to top the GBA and Switch until we get holographic quantum batteries or something, that's the big limiting factor for any system.

If anybody is interested in FFXVI but don't have the $570 minimum to play it, just watch an anime while mashing the square button on a controller during the fight scenes

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Think I'll grab the switch one for ten bucks and get the PC one if I want more later. thanks dudes

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Al! posted:

wonder if Iron Lung is going to follow suit

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

my hot take is that OLEDs are cool and all but the issue of burnin is still enough that they go bad after like 3-5 and as such they're not worth the purchase

there's a video where a guy left his oled switch on a single image for over 400 days and at that point it got kinda bad yeah

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The nice thing about the Switch Subnautica port is that the stuff it struggles with is the same stuff it struggles with on PC. The pop-in is bad but it is on the PC as well lol, but in every other way it's one of the best games I've played and is a steal at :10bux:

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

loquacius posted:

One time my GBA battery ran out while I was saving my game in FFTA :negative:

when the power light goes red you only have about 2 hours left

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I hope nintendo re-releases another classic Nintendo game for $70!!!

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Al! posted:

no joke the game pays royalties to the oceangate company. because they trademarked the name cyclops for subs and sent a letter to the game I guess

your subnautica purchase helped to kill those billionaires

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Mr Hootington posted:

the front mission remaster was the first switch game I was gonna get in quite awhile but I saw it's coming out on steam now and I canceled my order

I'm deffo gonna get the mario rpg remake tho sorry hooty

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

90% of my switch time has been tetris 99 and I still think it's worth it

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Antonymous posted:

no joke the game pays royalties to the oceangate company. because they trademarked the name cyclops for subs and sent a letter to the game I guess

:lol: that owns

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Buck Wildman posted:

the front mission remaster was the first switch game I was gonna get in quite awhile but I saw it's coming out on steam now and I canceled my order

I'm deffo gonna get the mario rpg remake tho sorry hooty

Just play Mario rpg on your steam deck

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I found out I have the same birthday as Sonic The loving Hedgehog

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Just play Mario rpg on your steam deck

I have!

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

a.lo posted:

I found out I have the same birthday as Sonic The loving Hedgehog

you should give him a good gently caress for his birthday

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Antonymous posted:

better reason than most to do another Subnautica play through

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
are final fantasy x-2 or 12 worth playing

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mr Hootington posted:

Square-Enix would never

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

olives black posted:

sure why not

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

like I need a reason

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

olives black posted:

FFX2 is dumb as poo poo but fun and FF12 hits its stride eventually but it's been like 15 years since I played either game

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

you can play any final fantasy you want champ *pinches cheek*

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tragic news today as another private deep sea venture company reports loss of a prototype one man exploration suit, which has been found immovably wedged between the sea floor and an overhang that was just barely too low to allow the suit to move. Experts report that the pilot "should've known better, what did they think was going to happen"

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

my nostalgia maxes out with ffX so that's the best one

12 was cool that it was more political I guess and the MMO style combat was fine. Ivalice is definitely the best final fantasy setting

I only ever played 7 X and 12

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

oh drat I did play 13 but that game is literally forgettable. you just hold the stick forward and press A over and over during combat and there's no interesting story at all. I formed no memories will beating it on xbox

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

olives black posted:

12 is really good in a lot of ways that aren't the main story (which does get decent by the end)

if you loved FF8, and you like more open ended exploratory gameplay, it's probably the last great FF for you

you gotta vibe with the gambit system tho

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Antonymous posted:

oh drat I did play 13 but that game is literally forgettable. you just hold the stick forward and press A over and over during combat and there's no interesting story at all. I formed no memories will beating it on xbox

it's a really long, slow build to a pretty obvious resolution, like someone at Square was like "ohhh all our games are about killing GOD eh, well let's just make a story about killing GOD" then you kill God

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

olives black posted:

x2 is really good yea, I don't have an opinion on 12. It's fine I guess.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FFXII was one of my favorites. I'd given up on the direction the series was going with X but it turns out I was exactly one single player installment too premature and it was after THAT one that all the stuff I liked about the series got removed or sidelined

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Buck Wildman posted:

sure why not

loquacius posted:

FFX2 is dumb as poo poo but fun and FF12 hits its stride eventually but it's been like 15 years since I played either game

Buck Wildman posted:

you can play any final fantasy you want champ *pinches cheek*

Antonymous posted:

my nostalgia maxes out with ffX so that's the best one

12 was cool that it was more political I guess and the MMO style combat was fine. Ivalice is definitely the best final fantasy setting

I only ever played 7 X and 12

smarxist posted:

12 is really good in a lot of ways that aren't the main story (which does get decent by the end)

if you loved FF8, and you like more open ended exploratory gameplay, it's probably the last great FF for you

you gotta vibe with the gambit system tho

Grapplejack posted:

x2 is really good yea, I don't have an opinion on 12. It's fine I guess.

Epic High Five posted:

FFXII was one of my favorites. I'd given up on the direction the series was going with X but it turns out I was exactly one single player installment too premature and it was after THAT one that all the stuff I liked about the series got removed or sidelined

aight cool I'm gonna get both, thanks everyone :)

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Psycho Society posted:

Think I'll grab the switch one for ten bucks and get the PC one if I want more later. thanks dudes

Subnautica on switch works well enough and you can even use console commands so when it inevitably fucks up and your mech suit clips through the seafloor you can just spawn another

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

olives black posted:

wonder if Iron Lung is going to follow suit

https://twitter.com/DUSKdev/status/1671498543771574273?s=20

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Ff12 and the xenoblade switch game both have combat systems where I look back and forth at the game and the camera going "is... Is this really it? Is it this bad on purpose?"

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

its good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Is Aliens Dark Descent good?