Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Somehow the GBS Star Wars thread returned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

THE THREAD SPEAK!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Yolomon Wayne posted:

yeah its only been 3 and a half years, why not post

Sorry I didn't mean to disturb your repose LOL

Somebody must have crossposted it and I didn't see, sorry

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Film still poo poo so what

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Threads fly now!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It was an extremely bad film of course, but you have to admit it did iconically capture 2019 becoming 2020

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Luke you turned off your targeting computer!

* proceeds to give a lovely tattoo*

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I was wondering what the hell this thread was

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Saalkin posted:

Luke you turned off your targeting computer!

* proceeds to give a lovely tattoo*

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

the movie that killed cinema so hard Tom cruise had to use scientology treasure and rent the whole US navy to resurrect it

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Star blows

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Owlbear Camus posted:

the movie that killed cinema so hard Tom cruise had to use scientology treasure and rent the whole US navy to resurrect it

I wonder how many people walked out of it at the end and , like me, thought “right that’s it. gently caress Star Wars. I’m done. “

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

smellmycheese posted:

I wonder how many people walked out of it at the end and , like me, thought “right that’s it. gently caress Star Wars. I’m done. “

For me it was 'You gave in to the shrieking shitgoblins and it's gonna cost you.'

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

“They fly now?” “They fly now??!!?” “They fly now…” still lives rent-free in my brain.

Just such a shallow attempt at Marvel-style quips, and you can tell whoever wrote that thought it was gonna be the funniest thing ever.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
John Boyega was pissed at that line because: "They've been doing that poo poo since the Clone Wars".

Disney took a Star Wars superfan and by the end of three films his attitude was: "You ain't gonna Disney Plus me!"

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"
Sorry about your husband, Vim. But what a beautiful tribute! When things are darkest, please remember the words of Master Yoda, "Luminous beings we are, not this crude matter.”

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

smellmycheese posted:

This was me during Force Awakens and Last Jedi marathon I went to when Last Jedi dropped. And so far, I stand by that decision.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Still never seen it after The Last Jedi killed any love I had left for the series. :smuggo:

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010
The reappearance of this thread brings to mind how tlj was so bad i had to cut myself off from the force.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

it's time for the star wars to end

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

the rat fandom posted:

The reappearance of this thread brings to mind how tlj was so bad i had to cut myself off from the force.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Outpost22 posted:

Still never seen it after The Last Jedi killed any love I had left for the series. :smuggo:

I wish I'd been as smart as you. TLJ should have been my warning.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
TLJ was good.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Colin Tevorrow's (sp but I'm not looking it up) ideas for the movie seemed really cool and unique, which is why Disney said "lol hell no JJ you're doing this again"

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Rise of Skywalker was like an anthology movie, but instead of a collection of three or four unconnected 30 to 45 minute stories, its 10 second stories for 2.5 hours.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Gutcruncher posted:

Rise of Skywalker was like an anthology movie, but instead of a collection of three or four unconnected 30 to 45 minute stories, its 10 second stories for 2.5 hours.

lmao that's exactly what it was

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gutcruncher posted:

Just people running into the room yelling quick follow me no time to explain! over and over again

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

God this is a perfect summation of the movie

It didn't at all feel like Star Wars and now I know why

Carrie Fisher's death really just scrambled that movie. Not blaming her but they should have been able to pivot rather than shoehorn her in

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This thread keeps popping back up and giving me PTSD about how astonishingly dogshit it was.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I am a hog who laps up slop from the star wars content trough and even I have seen that movie exactly one (1) time.

I went in spoiled rotten from leaks and has my expectations set at "at least if Palpatine is back for narratively and thematically bankrupt reasons McDermott will be chewing scenery and having fun, but that was not enough.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Owlbear Camus posted:

I am a hog who laps up slop from the star wars content trough and even I have seen that movie exactly one (1) time.

I went in spoiled rotten from leaks and has my expectations set at "at least if Palpatine is back for narratively and thematically bankrupt reasons McDermott will be chewing scenery and having fun, but that was not enough.

Same. I tried to watch again when it came out on Blu-ray but fell asleep and never bothered again.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
When I saw Rise of Skywalker, about 5 minutes in I had to rewind and start over assuming I must’ve missed a bunch of stuff.

I didn’t.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
RoS is much like Pulp Fiction, in that it is a film

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Abrams - “you have to take this incredibly seriously. This is more important than life itself. Meanwhile I’m just gonna scribble a couple of ideas for the whole fuckin plan on the back of this napkin”

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1751278110568321161?s=46

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

*extremely ian mcshane "it's just tits and dragons people" voice*
it's just ray guns and space ships. it's not worth getting an upset tummy over, let alone an ulcer.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
they should have dropped a moon on chewie

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

What a sick nasty film that I hope no one ever watches again

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

she's got her lightsaber the wrong way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Outpost22 posted:

That was my plan too, but RoS opened on my loving birthday and my friend got us tickets.