Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Power of Pecota posted:

My favorite pool 2 deck had Quicksilver and Domino in it, I feel like that part of the game is all about finding something that you find fun.

For me that was Jubilee and Infinaut, I'm still running them in my main deck at pool 3 complete

Odin reveal carried me through pool 1. Pool 2 I used a Heimdall turn 6 deck that got me a lot of cubes on unsuspecting people

Kitty Pryde
Nightcrawler
Angela
Medusa
Morph
Storm
Cosmo
Warpath
Klaw
Spider-Woman
Heimdall
America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Just got hit by an absolutely wild Galactus setup in the proving grounds that caught me totally off guard the first time: Wong -> Cloak into whichever lane I dumped power into early + Forge into Wong's lane -> 11 power Galactus that forces me into a coinflip situation. They played Zabu too, so presumably they also had Shuri in the deck as another potential playline, albeit more predictable.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
15 wins with a card I don't want to use over two days for 150 gold is really unfun, great work second dinner

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

cinnamon rollout posted:

15 wins with a card I don't want to use over two days for 150 gold is really unfun, great work second dinner

I don’t disagree it’s lame but it is effectively just a token challenge for something to do on the weekend. I don’t think they’re gonna get more creative/rewarding so they can basically be ignored per player.

token as in representation of a fact, not like the currency

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

I'd fully resigned myself to being locked out of the Spider-Ham mission, but I just got him out of a Cache.

That was a quick four wins!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If it were just play 15 games that would at least be doable, but 15 wins is asking a lot, especially since so many people work weekends

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Got a variant that wasn't a pixel from a season pass cache! Inconceivable!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I just slid her into an Agatha deck and played that a bunch while barely paying attention.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
Conquest needs a few tweaks.

1) Sideboard between matches.

2) 8 cube max - not 10.

Thoughts?

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
C2 is finally a competitive deck by the untapped stats at least.
I'm torn as C2 is one of my favorite decks, but now my old degenerate self is happy they made red skull a card again too.

It probably doesn't matter because Shuri is a fair deck right now so he probably wont see much play.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Psyker posted:

Conquest needs a few tweaks.

1) Sideboard between matches.

2) 8 cube max - not 10.

Thoughts?

1) This is a real monkey's paw moment you're setting yourself up for here. Prepare for every sideboard to be some combo of Wave, Shang-Chi, Cosmo, and Enchantress.

2) I like that you can lose 8 and technically come back and win it all.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

GarudaPrime posted:

C2 is finally a competitive deck by the untapped stats at least.
I'm torn as C2 is one of my favorite decks, but now my old degenerate self is happy they made red skull a card again too.

It probably doesn't matter because Shuri is a fair deck right now so he probably wont see much play.

I love my C2 deck but it's bad for conquest, you really need that element of surprise

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Devo posted:

1) This is a real monkey's paw moment you're setting yourself up for here. Prepare for every sideboard to be some combo of Wave, Shang-Chi, Cosmo, and Enchantress.

2) I like that you can lose 8 and technically come back and win it all.

I agree that game is fundamentally built to not have sideboards as the decks are only 12 cards, and this would make the Conquest mode worse. It would also probably make some decks completely insane.

The way to get a better skill expression from snap competition is a multiple deck selection and banning system or multiple match system. Neither of which is appropriate for Conquest per say but that's ok in my opinion.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

GarudaPrime posted:

I agree that game is fundamentally built to not have sideboards as the decks are only 12 cards, and this would make the Conquest mode worse. It would also probably make some decks completely insane.

I think HE lockdown would be literally unbeatable if you could sideboard two cards.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I can't believe how well I've done with that movement deck. I'd barely touched Conquest before today really and cleared a Silver ticket and very nearly cleared a Gold. I still think it takes too drat long but its nice to be able to try decks without losing your main rank.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

GarudaPrime posted:

The way to get a better skill expression from snap competition is a multiple deck selection and banning system or multiple match system. Neither of which is appropriate for Conquest per say but that's ok in my opinion.

Changing decks would be interesting. Against the same opponent, you'd have to wonder if they were going to switch decks or not and whether you should as well. Go with what works? Keep the element of surprise? Pick a counter for what you think they'll go with?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Lobok posted:

Changing decks would be interesting. Against the same opponent, you'd have to wonder if they were going to switch decks or not and whether you should as well. Go with what works? Keep the element of surprise? Pick a counter for what you think they'll go with?

It sounds very interesting but I can see most people just using the same deck twice, tweaked slightly, effectively having a sideboard

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Psyker posted:

Conquest needs [one] tweak.

auto-snap for both players on every match.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I like the idea of making double snapping the full HP. 10 HP is an odd number for betting 1,2,4, or 8 anyways

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
honestly just make it so you can snap for more then the max hp. It loving sucks losing 8 cubes then having to win 5 in a row to come back.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Jehuti posted:

honestly just make it so you can snap for more then the max hp. It loving sucks losing 8 cubes then having to win 5 in a row to come back.

I seem to recall someone raised that as a question, and the devs said (paraphrasing) "we like it this way because it rewards good snapping early".

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Lockjaw needs to be a 4/1 and it'd still be better than jubilee

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I love Proving Grounds. Signed up just to grind out my quests. Ended up T'Challa-ing two lanes for, like, 130 and 260 respectively and then conceded after the first round. I imagine my opponent was a bit surprised.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Lockjaw needs to be a 4/1 and it'd still be better than jubilee

Make it Ongoing so I can do something about it

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
To be honest it turns out the Lockjaw change a couple months back was actually a buff! Now you can cycle Wasp AND play your Hulk/other big card and have it stick around.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

I tried Vipering a 4 turn Kitty Pryde over to the enemy on turn 5, before Weirdworld swapped our hands, but I forgot that the card returns to hand after the location goes off.

Totally doable on Turn 4, though!

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i just took sunspot out of the deck i was already using for ghost spider to get these 15 wins done but its actually been kind of fun! sometimes its functionally 2 energy for 5 power (use her to pull nebula out of the lane you originally put her in, dodging their first play which would normally stall nebula's growth) but i just had one where i yanked nebula blind into lane 3 which ended up being worldship, along with evolved cyclops and prof x in hand to really shut the game out

e: just pulled nebula out of the way of an elektra lol

quite stretched out fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 26, 2023

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I assumed Weekend Quests would end on Sunday night reset, but they actually don't end until tonight's reset in case you're still waiting to get in some wins.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Concurred posted:

Make it Ongoing so I can do something about it

I thought this too for a long time, but Wham! Mystique exists! Oops! Stealth buff!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Speaking of Mystique, who is she turning into on her base card art? Is it supposed to be someone in particular?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
loving Christ, they need to fix this Luke Cage animation slowdown.. I was in the proving grounds against a Wong-Mystique-Hazmat-Odin it felt like I was being held hostage for 5 minutes by some rapidly emoting man-child while the game flat out refused to Fast Forward. Yeah, I get it, you Hazmatted my team to puddles of goo, can we move this along please?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Lobok posted:

Speaking of Mystique, who is she turning into on her base card art? Is it supposed to be someone in particular?

It looks like she's turning into Mystique from someone Agent 13-ish.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Red posted:

It looks like she's turning into Mystique from someone Agent 13-ish.

Yeah, that's who I was thinking as well but it seemed odd to go for someone who doesn't have an iconic costume.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Lobok posted:

Yeah, that's who I was thinking as well but it seemed odd to go for someone who doesn't have an iconic costume.

Possibly a good choice so that the character of the card is unambiguously featured.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Man, do I ever hate whatever you call the HE/JaneJaw mashup deck (not all of them are full JaneJaw, maybe just Jaw). Mostly because I have all the cards but just cannot get it to ever work for me.

Oh, they played Lockjaw and Wasp? Guess I'm getting hit for -2 (because I'll never draw my Luke Cage) and they'll bring their Hulk or Dracula (who will always discard a 9+ power card).

Oh, they Storm-ed a location and then did Jubilee T4? Yup, pulling in a big boy (or maybe like just Cyclops that whittles my guys down every turn.)

When I play the deck, Lockjaw or Jubilee will pull in HE himself, like...40% of the time, I swear. One time, I sent Wasp onto Lockjaw, she pulled in Jubilee who then pulled...Wasp back. And they had Luke Cage out, so didn't even at least get a potential -4 to their power.

I have better luck just playing straight up Destroy decks, honestly...and they're more fun! The worst part lately is getting my Death or Knull pig'd.

Oh, and speaking of, you better believe when I Pig something, it's Infinaut or Giganto, essentially buffing it...or maybe it's just a Hulk but it's T2 or T3 so he already got a buff.

I'm wondering if they are going to go back to NOT showing what an Ongoing buffed card's power is in your hand anymore? Because of this Pig nonsense, as said, an HE Hulk can get bufffed and the pig is the new power, because the Puig takes the power currently shown in the hand (likewise, if you get a Death Pig'd later, the pig has her reduced cost as well.) I haven't seen a Knull get Pig's after he's started gainign power, but I imagine he works like HE Hulk does?

But then there's poor Morbius. For some reason, he doesn't show his Ongoing power in-hand like Knull or HE Hulk does. Or they "fix" him (never understood why he doesn't show it in hand if Knull does?) so he can get Puig's but still have some power? (though what kind of hand do you have if a 2-cost if the one to get Pig'd? IDK, but if there was ever a hand that COULD get to that state, it's a Discard deck.,

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

The Hulk/Knull thing is a bug. I would expect it to get fixed in the next patch. They have Hulk and Knull show their power in hand because it's hard to keep track of otherwise, but however they coded it messes with Ham.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Wong needs to be just a card ability like lockjaw. He's got three freaking counters as an ongoing and Cosmo alone would still do it just fine

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Wong needs to be just a card ability like lockjaw. He's got three freaking counters as an ongoing and Cosmo alone would still do it just fine

What's the third?

(assuming Cosmo and Enchantress are 1 and 2.)

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Juggernaut, Stegron, Magneto on 6, Echo soon, Cosmo, Enchantress, Rogue — Wong is definitely a most hated card, but his effect is also so strong that he needs to be counter able with some kind of regularity. I think making him act like Lockjaw or Shuri (no ongoing, or painting the location itself) wouldn’t be a bad idea because it would only kill Rogue, Enchantress, and Echo as counters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

DrBouvenstein posted:

What's the third?

(assuming Cosmo and Enchantress are 1 and 2.)

Rogue.

And yeah being an ongoing that enables on reveals makes you vulnerable to both counters with no way to protect Wong. His effect is so strong though that i don't really mind the counters. Invis woman is pretty good protection.