Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Which splits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
Bearpope Enduro finished second! Looks like we were split 18, holy crap there were a lot of splits. This was a 2.7k sof for the LMDh and GT, only 1.3k for the LMP.

DPP, the LMDh in our split, finished eighth I think?

Not sure where the other two GT teams ended, for I collapsed after the finish.

necrotic fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jan 22, 2023

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
Quote is not edit

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
We had a series of tech and driver mishaps, Bearpope DDT (gt3) ended up like 17th of 29 in split 11/18.

by driver mishaps i mean i crashed 3 times

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

We had a series of tech and driver mishaps, Bearpope DDT (gt3) ended up like 17th of 29 in split 11/18.

by driver mishaps i mean i crashed 3 times

Dang, last slot only had 18 splits? Slot 3 had 42

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Grats to the teams! Well done. I was sad I couldn't join you this year but hopefully i'll be around for The Ring.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Bearpope zero finished p9 with only one real incident, the most uneventful enduro ever for me!

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Which is surprising considering how much grass is available

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
"Only one real incident" is a very understated way to say "13 mins repairs that took us out of podium contention because prototype drivers have no brain"

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
It’s not in my brain because nobody posted the clip! I didn’t see it so it didn’t happen!

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug

Vando posted:

"Only one real incident" is a very understated way to say "13 mins repairs that took us out of podium contention because prototype drivers have no brain"

My brain is enormous and perfectly smooth, thank you very much.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

njsykora posted:

It has a 70s F1 car but that's it, the problem with historics usually is no-one actually wants to race them.

It's this, unfortunately. The '87 NASCAR has better participation than either of the Lotuses by a long shot but even it doesn't always go official. The highest-participation splits I see for either the L49 or L79 is when they're acting as a stand-in for '60s and '70s Indycar and running at an oval.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Picked up a huge strat from watching my 7-year old attempt to lap road America in the gt3 Ferrari last night:

Say hello and goodbye to the guy holding the stop/go sign every time you leave the pits. Big time morale booster after you crash

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I've been watching GPlaps on youtube and got real high last night so I bought the Lotus 49, 70 and the Nissan GTP with the intention of creating my own AI season races.

We'll see how that goes.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
There's a special event this year with the Nissan and Audi at Road America that looks pretty based

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

One day when I have infinite money I'll commission a game that is a high fidelity recreation of historic racing series from the 1930s all the way to 1990ish including F1, world sports car. All the right drivers, cars, historically correct tracks, points systems and seasons. All of it.

And VR optimized out of the box

I'd also rebuild Monzas oval properly and undo all the loving chicanes. Make Curva Grande great again dammit. Make it like it was originally but modern F1 safe compliant.

Also bring back old hockenheim and Spa layouts. Yes I know people live there, I don't care.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Feb 3, 2023

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Or just use ACC as a base for a grand prix legends remake. That would be a good start. Modders would probably do the rest.

I am red, mad and nude about old racing cars

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Goon luck with the 12 Hour.

My 2 man team is probably finishing 15th after maybe an hour all up in meatballs.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
We ran four teams.

Enduro P10
DDT P10
Zero P13

And finally, DPP won!

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I think I'm going to RP an entire F3 season and see how it goes. get a good tradingpaints scheme and pretend its an F1 season with the goal of beating/comparing to my regional and divisional rivals.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 23, 2023

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017

Carth Dookie posted:

I think I'm going to RP an entire F3 season and see how it goes. get a good tradingpaints scheme and pretend its an F1 season with the goal of beating/comparing to my regional and divisional rivals.

Honestly you should look for a league, I've been doing my first one this season with a bunch of other goons and its awesome - 1 race a week, same people every race, multiple driver classes in the same car so despite a huge range of skill theres always someone to race, and really fun to get to know the other drivers and how they drive. This league is GR86 and some people are doing a GT3 league but I'm sure theres a F3 league out there you can RP to your hearts content.

Also our races get broadcast on youtube with a commentator and it makes me feel like a real race car driver.

meowmeowmeowmeow fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 24, 2023

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Carth Dookie posted:

I'm always happy to hop in F3 practices if you're looking for other goons to lap with. Sorry if you know me in the discord I can't be bothered to keep track of people with different usernames it's impossible.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

lol at the 800 hp arca bug being so cool they just decided to add it

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

poo poo rules. Gen 4 forever.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

When did iracing stop being unredeemably grognardy and start doing cool fun things? Because I'm really liking it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

KillHour posted:

When did iracing stop being unredeemably grognardy and start doing cool fun things? Because I'm really liking it.

I don't know exactly when but I'm here for it. IR01 on ovals is loving awesome and a great middle finger to [redacted]car.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
It got me to buy the ARCA car so I guess it's a win. Probably gonna run at least a few of the Gen 4 Cup races to remind me how poo poo I am at stock cars vs open wheelers on ovals.

iRating go brrr

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly
I made a dumb livery for the new Renault Clio, in the lovely colours of the Renault F1 team.

Click here for pink car paint

There are also some other more or less unconventional paints in my showroom on Trading Paints.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Ok fine I'll join the discord.

GOD

:corsair:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

anyone else get iRacing credits for some reason in the last couple of months for something?

I have about $6 of credits and I don't know why - it can't be from participation because I haven't raced enough.

My guess is a partial car refund of some kind but I can't think of which one it might be.

Thoughts?

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Carth Dookie posted:

anyone else get iRacing credits for some reason in the last couple of months for something?

I have about $6 of credits and I don't know why - it can't be from participation because I haven't raced enough.

My guess is a partial car refund of some kind but I can't think of which one it might be.

Thoughts?

iirc they did a refund on the 991 GT3-R

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

iirc they did a refund on the 991 GT3-R

that sounds right.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

What did they replace it with?

e: ohhh the 991. Yeah maybe. I have a 2.99 credit that's probably from that. It wouldn't be $6.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

VelociBacon posted:

e: ohhh the 991. Yeah maybe. I have a 2.99 credit that's probably from that. It wouldn't be $6.

unsure what currency mine is in. Could be mine is in AU dollerydoos and yours is in freedombucks.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
It was prorated based on long you'd owned the car.

Wild battle recently shared by the official iracing YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dd8jGkICr4

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Carth Dookie posted:

unsure what currency mine is in. Could be mine is in AU dollerydoos and yours is in freedombucks.

Oh my god man I'm not American :c but I thought the credits in iracing were always converted to their money?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I have no idea, it was just a theory

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

VelociBacon posted:

The credit amount was based on when you bought the original 911 GT3R, it could have been six depending on when darth bought it!

And the new one is the 911 GT3 R (992), not to be confused with the 911 GT3 Cup (992) xD

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

It was prorated based on long you'd owned the car.

Wild battle recently shared by the official iracing YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dd8jGkICr4

Kamel quickly became my favorite series, must try for anyone who hasn't. The audi is a real bitch to shift properly though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
Yeah it's a blast, I wanted to do the Road America 500 but couldn't make it work. We did a couple of fun practice events and I really enjoyed the 90, trying to do some officials is on my to-do list this season.