Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
That fight can be fairly easily won by positioning Joshua so he can flicker two or more enemies and spreading out your party so their AOE attacks can't hit more than a single person. Then get rid of the weaker enemies before focussing down the big guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
If you're going to cheat and ignore the battle system, just watch a YouTube video or read CakeAttack's Let's Play.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Or, they could play the game as they want to

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
If they want to cheat let them cheat, it's fine. It's still much nicer to have the cutscenes play out at your own reading speed even if you're not gonna engage with the gameplay.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You cheated not only the game but yourself...

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Motto posted:

based on hajimari's trailers I was under the impression that the VR mainly exists for ogling people at the beach

Has that infested Kuro as well?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its barely even infested hajimari, its a single minigame thing they chucked in because sony was handing out money to anyone who integrated PSVR into their games

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

I didn't cheat enough to just onehit people, moreso to make the fight winnable. I hate the overworld fights enough that I think I was severely underleveled. I tried that fight five or so times and most times I'd lose two people on the first two rounds or so.

I was able to beat it with cheats, but still took damage, had to use food, and kind of had to think. Even moreso when a surprise second (and third? not sure) fight followed . I think it got me to a pretty decent difficulty level without being hands off keyboard easy.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Can I instead ogle the beach with people?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
what a gauntlet on the last stretch of Azure, finally realized the strat for the whole game in every boss is drag the boss with llyod to one corner, and rest on the other side. Still haven't finished the game cause keep getting side-tracked, but need to get this taken care of before starting FF16.

Just beat Arios and learned the truth about Guy's death. Guy seems like a cool dude.
drat you Mr.Grim, never trust a lawyer.
Still don't really forgive Arios.

Shirley and that punk fight was neat. I liked how they felt bad for KeA.
Laughed that Shirley had her gun pointed at me when I was exiting thru the portal. Never change.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

GateOfD posted:

what a gauntlet on the last stretch of Azure, finally realized the strat for the whole game in every boss is drag the boss with llyod to one corner, and rest on the other side. Still haven't finished the game cause keep getting side-tracked, but need to get this taken care of before starting FF16.

Just beat Arios and learned the truth about Guy's death. Guy seems like a cool dude.
drat you Mr.Grim, never trust a lawyer.
Still don't really forgive Arios.

Shirley and that punk fight was neat. I liked how they felt bad for KeA.
Laughed that Shirley had her gun pointed at me when I was exiting thru the portal. Never change.

You are literally two bosses away from the ending. May as well just finish tonight.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just enough time to finish FF16 before Reverie comes out.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

On Wednesday I panickedly finally finished Tears of the Kingdom. Now to coast for two weeks doing side quests until I panickedly finish FF16 in time for Reverie.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Will the next Ys game be in VR?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sir Tonk posted:

Will the next Ys game be in VR?

:barf:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ys VRemake

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
First person immersive wall crushing

A Sinister Rap
Oct 19, 2012
Dogi's pecs will take up 80% of your view

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
the random characters they're picking to make figurines of.

Like Rixia, I understand.

Crow... (i don't like him, but i know some people somehow do)

But then Fie? Was she really that popular? Out of all the Cold Steel characters to choose from.
Wish I put in my pre-order for Renne though.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

GateOfD posted:

But then Fie? Was she really that popular? Out of all the Cold Steel characters to choose from

Yes? Much moreso than Elliot or Machias or Gaius or Ash or Toval or whoever

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fie's very popular and also shes in kuro so shes still relevant

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fie is the most popular Class VII girl (except Altina) yeah

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

GateOfD posted:

But then Fie? Was she really that popular? Out of all the Cold Steel characters to choose from.

FIE ON YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Fie owns

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

She has the best "Chest Detected" line in the series. To this day whenever I see a treasure chest in any game I remember it's "the goods."

A Sinister Rap
Oct 19, 2012
Fie's definitely my favorite of Old Class 7, though I'm surprised that there's no Towa figurine yet.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Fie's probably one of the most popular Cold Steel characters and she's also one of the few that consistently gets good content in basically every game even 4.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Infinity Gaia posted:

She has the best "Chest Detected" line in the series. To this day whenever I see a treasure chest in any game I remember it's "the goods."

it's Fie's Cooking Power Hour

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Laura owns more but I shan't complain about a Fie figure

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
yeah Fie is cool and good

Moofia Boss Val
May 14, 2021

A Sinister Rap posted:

Fie's definitely my favorite of Old Class 7, though I'm surprised that there's no Towa figurine yet.

Towa doesn't have a design that screams "anime fantasy adventurer" like Fie does. Which means Fie has higher probability of selling merch to people who aren't into Trails. Towa has a more mundane student or teacher/uniform, wields a mundane pistol, has normal haircolor, and doesn't strike cool poses.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Laura owns more but I shan't complain about a Fie figure

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

GateOfD posted:

Yeah? Not only is the most popular next to Altina, she's also the character who has made the most playable appearances by far in the series. She's playable in Cold Steel 1, 2, 3, 4, Reverie, a guest character in Kuro 1 and playable in Kuro 2.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
argh, the last boss in azure suck rear end

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."

GateOfD posted:

argh, the last boss in azure suck rear end

I don't know exactly how far you got so, spoilers.

The fight is divided into three parts with no break. The first part is tough but doable if you're patient. I can't get past the second part even after watching videos of people clearing it on nightmare. I finally put it down out of frustration for a while.

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

Azure final boss:
The second part of the final boss (the first stage of the big monster fight after Mariabell) is basically a specialized test on quickly getting damage in. The four adds it spawns have their double physical/magical shields and replenish those shields if you don't kill them fast enough, effectively requiring you to focus down one at a time. This is further complicated by the fact that IIRC the main boss can absorb an add if the add gets low enough on health, or I think if the main boss itself is low on health. The main boss absorbing its adds is the key thing to prevent in this fight as best you can (though I think at least one absorption cycle is guaranteed), because for every add it absorbs it will regain 25% health once it "dies". Once you've killed off two or three of the adds (they don't respawn, so you can make permanent progress) it's not impossible to finish off the main boss before it can absorb the ones that are left, but you're guaranteed an eventual win as long as you can take out all four adds over time.

The second stage of the big monster fight is much more of a normal fight, although the main boss does pull out the occasional all-cancel and Vanish attacks which I never really figured out the trigger for, but as long as you can sustain yourself through the various Vanishings and other shenanigans it shouldn't be too unreasonable of a fight.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

JavaJesus posted:

Azure final boss:
The second part of the final boss (the first stage of the big monster fight after Mariabell) is basically a specialized test on quickly getting damage in. The four adds it spawns have their double physical/magical shields and replenish those shields if you don't kill them fast enough, effectively requiring you to focus down one at a time. This is further complicated by the fact that IIRC the main boss can absorb an add if the add gets low enough on health, or I think if the main boss itself is low on health. The main boss absorbing its adds is the key thing to prevent in this fight as best you can (though I think at least one absorption cycle is guaranteed), because for every add it absorbs it will regain 25% health once it "dies". Once you've killed off two or three of the adds (they don't respawn, so you can make permanent progress) it's not impossible to finish off the main boss before it can absorb the ones that are left, but you're guaranteed an eventual win as long as you can take out all four adds over time.

The second stage of the big monster fight is much more of a normal fight, although the main boss does pull out the occasional all-cancel and Vanish attacks which I never really figured out the trigger for, but as long as you can sustain yourself through the various Vanishings and other shenanigans it shouldn't be too unreasonable of a fight.

Azure final boss spoiler:

The Vanish attack is an automatic counter if you inflict too much damage (around 5-digit damage) on it in a single turn. Because this is an actual counter, it happens immediately after your hit lands and the boss doesn't need to wait for his turn, it can even do this during a burst. I THINK the All-cancel is a prelude to it doing a powerful hit-all attack if you let it absorb the ads it spawns in the second phase, meaning that unless you're cloaked, you WILL get hit.

Anyway, Azure's final boss is specifically geared towards countering every mechanic you've been abusing up to this point, so it's not weird people are put on the back foot when facing it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Hot take: Short hair Fie was superior

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Erpy posted:

Anyway, Azure's final boss is specifically geared towards countering every mechanic you've been abusing up to this point, so it's not weird people are put on the back foot when facing it.

This is somewhat funny for me as I don't recall struggling at all, and normally late-stage bosses kick my arse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
I played the JP version of Azure Evo so I'm not sure if it got changed in later version, but after a couple of tries on the last boss, I managed to find a foothold by giving either Elie or Tio anti-Mute accessories. I'd have them cast a fast-charging Arts, which would make the boss use its full-screen interrupt, then just have them use Arts again to keep that loop going. Barely had to worry about any of the more annoying attacks.