Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Hey quick question. Where the hell are synthesis maps in the market (what category)? They’re not under maps, memories, misc map items or map fragments. Where the hell are they?

E: nm, found them

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
yeah i made a spectral shield throw champ this league because i wanted to see how the insane build worked and try it out for a bit and, well, i blasted some 100% delirious maps and basically called it a day.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

whypick1 posted:

No official word on that yet. I could see it going either way. One the one hand, they're not afraid to completely nuke league items after it ends (:rip: Recombinators), but on the other, I could see them not wanting to touch players' equippable items. Not to mention there are already Crucible'd items floating around in Standard due to :rip:s in league HC.

^^^ I don't remember that at all

Arivia posted:

It was during the FAQ, a question Chris Wilson got asked. I guess finding it again would require scrubbing the whole video manually on twitch so gently caress that lol

Thanks for the replies, I started playing a couple weeks ago after a long break and missed every announcement, faq, etc. I'm gonna watch the crucible faq later today.

I think I'm going to try to make a 30% increased dex iron commander for my siege ballista guy in standard (lol) before I quit the league. How painful is it to get 4 passives on an item? I mean t2-t5, I'm not gonna bother with the t1 dex stacking passive since it seems to be extremely rare and mutation-only.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
getting a tree on a unique means basically getting the tree on a non-unique death bow and then chancing it into an iron commander. i'd eyeball the price to just buy one at 100-150 divine. that's including a fat chunk of profit for the seller, but it gives you an idea of how obnoxious the crafting process is especially at this point in the league.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Just buy the drat thing. You're far less likely to want to quit PoE entirely in the process of farming up ~200div compared to if you were to try to craft such a bow yourself.

My level 100 character had to settle for having just a single good Crucible mod on it. I was trying to get a 4 mod staff, working on adding mods one at a time back-to-front, making sure the trees were laid out such that the mods I wanted wouldn't be orphaned and had such a path where a wanted allocated mod wouldn't have to compete with an unwanted allocated mod...

...I *never* got 2 mods I wanted on the same weapon.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Is there anyway to influence the number of nodes on a crucible tree? Throwing endless junk into forges to have it pop out with 5 nodes is getting old

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I take it this is about the Ever-Extending Evolution challenge?

Crucible Passive Skill Tree wiki posted:

The available passive skills and their tiers, amount of experience required, and maximum possible depth are based on item level.

Re-read that post I quoted about how to speedrun this challenge.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

I take it this is about the Ever-Extending Evolution challenge?

Re-read that post I quoted about how to speedrun this challenge.

Oh ok. I was thinking I had to do all 5 of those for some reason. I'll just skip the one with 11 nodes. I have uniquest ready to go but looking for a reasonable price on a primordial remnant with the +50 unique monsters mod on it and having a tough go of it.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011
Yeah looking at the price range on these bows is pretty discouraging. Even the ones without the dex stacking passive are quite expensive. I'm not on trade, so I guess I'll aim for 10% dex+t5 siege at first and then decide if I want try to build a more ambitious tree on another bow. Honestly almost anything is better than my current no-crucible-tree iron commander

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Godammit. I finally found a reasonable primordial remnant with the +50 rare monsters mod. Finished the evolution challenge and got the achievement for 10 rares in a primordial map but only 4 uniques spawned. This is frustrating as hell and there's no way to reliably farm primordial remnants. Hilariously, I hit the 11+ nodes requirement when I combined uniques.

That's all I have left. Is there a remnant mod JUST for uniques? Reading what I had, it just says "rares" which doesn't mean anything when it comes to uniques. Rolling the dice at 3-5 div a pop is going to get really ugly fast,

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 26, 2023

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

There is a remnant mod for more unique monsters.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Einwand posted:

There is a remnant mod for more unique monsters.

Ok I’ll keep looking for it then.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

This is the search query you want

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Frank Frank posted:

Rerolling Kiracs’ daily maps don’t reroll his sale inventory though so that’s useless since I need the maven to witness these kills. I found the node but it’s incredibly far away from anything I have right now so I’ll have to wait to do that until I’m done farming breach shards.

Only reason I went back into breach rather than just buying breachstones is because some dickhead keeps buying them all and relisting them for 2x what he paid and I refuse to give that fucker a cent. Chaylua basic stones were 120cc a few days ago and now they’re 2 div. gently caress that

Yeah, I guess reroll can mean more than one thing with Kirac. I meant just burn missions to refresh his inventory, unless you see an elderslayer mission in which case run it for the card. Anyway, looks like you can/will just buy them though so that's obviously going to be drastically more straightforward. Didn't know if there'd be any supply on console.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

search engine posted:

Yeah, I guess reroll can mean more than one thing with Kirac. I meant just burn missions to refresh his inventory, unless you see an elderslayer mission in which case run it for the card. Anyway, looks like you can/will just buy them though so that's obviously going to be drastically more straightforward. Didn't know if there'd be any supply on console.

I've got it down to just Chaluya (sp) and have about 40 more splinters to go. I'm gonna give the Feared a single shot and if I lose I may or may not try it again depending on how bad it goes. The forgotten went fine with zero deaths. The hidden, I lagged RIGHT as I activated the thing, the game froze for 20 sec and then when it unfroze I was dead. So I've had zero issues with the breach bosses because they die so quickly but lemme tell you, with all 4 of them going at once it wasn't fun - especially that guy who filled the entire arena with DoT spikes. I won but it wasn't pretty.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Frank Frank posted:

I've got it down to just Chaluya (sp) and have about 40 more splinters to go. I'm gonna give the Feared a single shot and if I lose I may or may not try it again depending on how bad it goes. The forgotten went fine with zero deaths. The hidden, I lagged RIGHT as I activated the thing, the game froze for 20 sec and then when it unfroze I was dead. So I've had zero issues with the breach bosses because they die so quickly but lemme tell you, with all 4 of them going at once it wasn't fun - especially that guy who filled the entire arena with DoT spikes. I won but it wasn't pretty.

You can use harvest bench to change splinters to different types

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Tenkaris posted:

You can use harvest bench to change splinters to different types

Oh you told me that before. Thanks for reminding me.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

Oh you told me that before. Thanks for reminding me.

:ocelot:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

This is the search query you want

I'll give it a whirl. Thanks.

E: Funny thing about this Feared encounter is that normally I like to build up at least 2 attempts at a boss before i go in. That way in case I wipe, I can read a guide or two, process what just happened and go back in but I can't do that here. Oh and if I wipe, it is gonna cost me a bunch of money to try again. I don't feel like I have much of an option though. I need 3 of the 5 remaining challenges. Of those:

-Towering Titans is a lock, assuming I have just a little bit of luck on this 3 div remnant I just bought. That leaves 2.
-Peak Pinnacle Prowess is a no-go. I'm not going to kill 4 uber bosses. Still 2.
-Gear Grinding Goals is possible. I am actually looking at finding a day where Argus is in the beginning of the lab and just spamming argus kills and restarting. I really don't want to do level 100. It wouldn't help me much and would take far too much time.
-Awakened Atlas is possible if I can clear the feared but that's a big "if"

-Fortuitous Feud. Anyone got tips on this one? I have 2 done and need one more. My options are:
* Uber Atziri without getting hit by storm call (good loving luck with this one esp when she splits and casts it blanketing the entire screen)
*Crystal King without pods opening. I've never seen this boss.
*Trialmaster picking up all hostile currency. I killed him once but I'm not going back in there. It's too expensive to practice.

Open to suggestions.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 26, 2023

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I was going to say "Uber Atziri", but then I took a look at the Uber Atziri frags on PS4 trade :eyepop:
I am still going to say "Uber Atziri" though. If the split phase is what's loving you up, practice that on the normal encounter while being a pacificist to get a feeling for the timing and see how long you can go without getting hit.

Aul is one of the 3 Delve bosses, depth >=130. I don't think I've ever actually fought him.

Trialmaster one is rough especially because the encounter is so rare.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I actually have that aul thing done. I died to him but you can retry, and I just watched this video after my first try

https://youtu.be/VRnjvy67mDU

He's not that hard to find, you just need to seek out the cold/blue city clusters

I really like the delve atlas node that just feeds you sulfite for completing maps, I'm spamming for conquerer and synth map drops anyway, might as well

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

I was going to say "Uber Atziri", but then I took a look at the Uber Atziri frags on PS4 trade :eyepop:
I am still going to say "Uber Atziri" though. If the split phase is what's loving you up, practice that on the normal encounter while being a pacificist to get a feeling for the timing and see how long you can go without getting hit.

Aul is one of the 3 Delve bosses, depth >=130. I don't think I've ever actually fought him.

Trialmaster one is rough especially because the encounter is so rare.

I killed trialmaster but I don’t want to farm that key again. He killed me while I was picking up currency :smith:

Atziri - I don’t know what I am looking for. I assumed it was the small gold ring spam she does and not the small/large red rings but it’s so fast it’s hard to react to - doubly so when she does it while “split”. I typically save my Vaal BVs for the split but even so, she blankets the screen in those yellow bolt circles.

Aul seems like he might be easier if I can find him with the only rule being “stay in the middle of the arena”

E: wait, hold up. I’ve never died to a delve boss before. Do you only get one shot at it?

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jun 26, 2023

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Atziri - I don’t know what I am looking for. I assumed it was the small gold ring spam she does and not the small/large red rings but it’s so fast it’s hard to react to - doubly so when she does it while “split”. I typically save my Vaal BVs for the split but even so, she blankets the screen in those yellow bolt circles.

Atziri really only has 3 moves:

Spear Throw - Throws a spear at you, dealing physical damage and always causing bleeding. Empowered version throws a series of spears in an arc.
Flameblast - Quickly expanding ring, deals fire damage a second or so after reaching maximum size, always igniting. Empowered version is 2 simultaneously and has fire penetration.
Storm Call - Series of beacons follows the player, each beacon deals lightning damage after 3 seconds. Empowered version is yellow, spawns more beacons, deals more damage, and lowers the delay to 2.5 seconds.

In the split phase you have to deal with just the regular versions.

But if you can find Aul, by all means go kick his rear end instead.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jun 26, 2023

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Frank Frank posted:

I killed trialmaster but I don’t want to farm that key again. He killed me while I was picking up currency :smith:

Aul seems like he might be easier if I can find him with the only rule being “stay in the middle of the arena”

E: wait, hold up. I’ve never died to a delve boss before. Do you only get one shot at it?

You get to retry the delve boss, but lose your spent sulphite, as many times as you want. This is assuming you've found your own Aul, not trying to buy it from someone.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
aul is not that rare i've run into aul 3 times in the last week after using a total of about 50 sulfite scarabs

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Einwand posted:

You get to retry the delve boss, but lose your spent sulphite, as many times as you want. This is assuming you've found your own Aul, not trying to buy it from someone.

On console there's no such thing as "buying boss carries" to my knowledge

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I'd like to think that if Frank could get to 35 challenges down in a little over 3 months on console all thanks to us that if he started on PC he'd have already posted his "thanks for 10000 subs" video. :3:

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Frank Frank dips his toes into PC next season and farms 5 mirrors in 3 days and beats uber sirus with a melee build blindfolded.

Two days later, it is revealed that Frank Frank is actually an alt account shared by 2 of the PoE thread regulars.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I'm actually just several small dogs wearing a trenchcoat

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Frank Frank revealed in another thread that he used to look like a Jersery Shore guido. He hasn't provided evidence yet. He's more legend than man at this point.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Three incredibly orange dogs in a designer trenchcoat. Got it.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

poemdexter posted:

Three incredibly orange dogs in a Gucci trenchcoat ordering Jaeger bombs. Got it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I think I found out which dogs

It could be these ones as well, as they're already in a coat

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

poemdexter posted:

Frank Frank dips his toes into PC next season and farms 5 mirrors in 3 days and beats uber sirus with a melee build blindfolded.

Two days later, it is revealed that Frank Frank is actually an alt account shared by 2 of the PoE thread regulars.

You mean Frank and Frank?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
lol I don't think I can do this rare cruicible/primordial thing. I've wasted 6 div. They one-shot me too often and there's literally nothing I can do to mitigate it. The first remnant I used had the "monsters always crit" mod which was obv no good, so I tried again on one without it and still only killed like 2 before dying and running out of portals. I just can't tank them and I don't have enough vaal BVs to try to keep them at a distance. Bummer.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Can you cancel that mod out by using the poison mastery? They can hit you before you get poison on them of course but just wondering if there's a way to salvage it before you kill the portals

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Can anyone explain what makes a timeless jewel "good" vs. one that sells for 20cc? I've had 3 drop so far (2 elegant hubris, 1 glorious vanity). Was looking at the market trying to figure it out and can't really discern what makes one valuable. I get that there are 2 modifiers on each jewel: the numeric value (commission/sacrifice whatever) and who the tribute is to (Doryani etc). Is there any way to tell what's good and what isn't?

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Timeless jewels mostly come down to manually checking the number in PoB or https://vilsol.github.io/timeless-jewels/tree this place, with some consideration to the keystone replacement since people do use some of those as well. Realistically if you're selling them you probably just bulk them at some multi div price and lower it until it sells or it turns out to be worthless.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Timeless jewels (mostly) add to or change the effects of passives in their radius, with modifiers drawn from a large pool of potential options based on which jewel it is. The number on the jewel is the seed for the random modifier selection, so all Glorious Vanities with, i dunno, seed 17415, will have the same effects on the passive trees. Valuable timeless jewels are the ones that happen to roll into really valuable stats; I think there's one Super Bullshit 64 brutal restraint seed that gives +20% chance to do double damage in a really popular location on the passive tree and that one sells for like half a mirror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Frank Frank posted:

Can anyone explain what makes a timeless jewel "good" vs. one that sells for 20cc? I've had 3 drop so far (2 elegant hubris, 1 glorious vanity). Was looking at the market trying to figure it out and can't really discern what makes one valuable. I get that there are 2 modifiers on each jewel: the numeric value (commission/sacrifice whatever) and who the tribute is to (Doryani etc). Is there any way to tell what's good and what isn't?

99% of them have a value that is just the keystone + direct effect of the jewel, which is usually 300c down to about 20c depending upon when in the season it is. some jewels that are moderately good wrt what nodes they change are worth 2-10 div because they're significantly powerful for specific builds. demand is very low though os usually people just put throw them in a tab listed for 2-4div and leave them there

a handful of jewels are incredibly op in specific spots for specific builds (eg getting like 20% double damage chance, onslaught, 15% strength or w/e from some of the best ones) those ones can be worth a ton, but outside of just knowing them, there's not really much reasonable way to price them that's worth the time it takes.