Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

AParadox posted:

Is anyone using Yanqing? I'm thinking about leveling him since MoC 8-9 is so hostile to JY but he has such a feast or famine looking kit that could drive me crazy in any challenging content. Am I reading him wrong and he is actually just good?

very good with gepard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

AParadox posted:

Is anyone using Yanqing? I'm thinking about leveling him since MoC 8-9 is so hostile to JY but he has such a feast or famine looking kit that could drive me crazy in any challenging content. Am I reading him wrong and he is actually just good?

He really really wants Gepard. His buff doesn't go away if he gets hit while shielded.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
If I don't have gepard m7 won't do due to the increased agro on her shield right?

Also how well can he deal with mobs without his ult? 60% of his crit rate being tied to his ult and only lasting 1 turn makes me think that you need another dps to deal with a 4+ mob wave or it would take you longer to kill them than a real boss.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Walla posted:

Guess that's the problem. I don't have an imgur account, I just upload through the app.

I'm working on building effect hit on Gepard. I love crowd control.

Just use the SALR addon in the browser, it still works

or the AWFUL mobile app

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

acumen posted:

Yeah I was the same way and only squeaked out a 0-star win against it. Normally keep fireMC/M7 on one side and Nat on the other but had to mix things up a bit to get enough survivability and aoe damage. My teams were:

A: Seele / Tingyun / M7 / Welt
B: fireMC / Jing Yuan / Silver Wolf / Nat

Yeah I tried just about every combination with my built characters that I could. I just need to work on my dudes more, I guess. I'm pretty happy with where I got considering five days ago I couldn't even beat level one.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

how can you guys leave numbers unmaxed???????

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021

AParadox posted:

If I don't have gepard m7 won't do due to the increased agro on her shield right?
It's awkward. In my experience, between Yanqing spamming his skill and March keeping his hair from getting tussled, combining the two often leaves no skill points at all to spare for the rest of the team.

Since I already built Yanqing, I sometimes run him with Fireblazer's skill redirecting the attacks, but that doesn't work against the subset of elites and bosses that have area of effect attacks that hit the whole team - Fireblazer's shield is not strong enough to keep Yanqing from taking HP damage.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Just use the SALR addon in the browser, it still works

or the AWFUL mobile app

The screenshot on my phone is too large for the app. It's not a big deal though.

Meowywitch posted:

how can you guys leave numbers unmaxed???????

Because the effort to max those numbers is less fun than increasing numbers on someone else.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I somehow did 190000 damage during this Remembrance SU run. Didn't even see where exactly it happened, but got the achievement after.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Remembrance is the best. I can't believe this worked.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Walla posted:

Remembrance is the best. I can't believe this worked.

This is almost the exact same spread I had, though I was doing World 5-3. I got the Preservation blessings for the "chance to remove debuff on shielding a character" to use against Kafka's charm.

Remembrance seems very strong if you can reach a certain threshold of blessings (though that's kinda true for most Paths). And 9 blessings (same as I ended up with) is even pretty bad; I probably could have kept Kafka perma-frozen with more. As is, she resisted it a couple times.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah, Svarog woke up several times and had 3 hands by the end. Somehow I was able to freeze him almost every turn and he only grabbed March and Gepard once each but it was drat close. Also the only one with decent traces is Sushang and he's neutral to her on phases 2 and 3. Asta was needed for breaking. A previous attempt had SW but it just wasn't enough.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sushang!

But her Break Effect is bugged. E4 is supposed to up it by 40%, but it doesn't show in her stats in or out of battle and I don't have the means to test if it's working or not.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 26, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 21 hours!)

@ lv43 on the monthly pass thing, gonna be nice to unlock the bonus side at 50 and redeem all in one go.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

more or less satified with my Sushang relic set. Could use a better helm and a better rope and circle piece, but its not a priority, hopefully get lucky during the next few double SU days. So many defense rolls...

trying to raise up my Natasha now, while trying to slowly build up my Silver Wolf's traces.
these traces cost are kind of crazy lv9+

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 26, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Wait do traces go above ten?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

No. Traces cap at 10, but eidolons (and maybe future skills) can gice them up to +2

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
E3 and E5 will boost your skill, ult, and basic attack trace levels beyond their normal caps though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

lmao nihility rules :allears:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Remembrance can do crazy damage with just two blessings, the one that does dissociation on hit on a frozen enemy and the one that removes dissociation on hit for extra damage. If you have fast dudes and the enemy is imprisoned/slowed then you just add and remove dissociation for massive damage.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I probably went 20 SU runs without picking up any of the last 5 blessings that I was missing (and intentionally picking blessings that would lead to them the whole time), and then I grabbed all of them in the same round. Now I am just missing 4 events and 1 of the detrimental relics.

I can pick whatever I want now.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jun 26, 2023

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

AParadox posted:

My understanding is he isn't really viable without Gep shields, but then he is almost as good as Seele for single target. I just got Gepard so I plan on building a Yanqing ice team now. Gepard/Pela/Yanqing+whatever.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The call of Herta.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I feel like I was just loving up in all my early SU runs by not going heavy into a specific Path. I remember being confused at all the people doing stuff underleveled, but now it's really obvious how that's possible.

My next run or two will be Remembrance, since I think it's the only Path where I haven't used all the Resonance buff cards.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The basic rule of SU is pick any path, and do whatever it takes to get as many blessings of that path as possible. The power of Resonances and synergies make off-path choices always your second choice, no matter what they are. Honestly I would call this a flaw as a roguelike, as it's a pretty boring way to meet a victory condition.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Clarste posted:

The basic rule of SU is pick any path, and do whatever it takes to get as many blessings of that path as possible. The power of Resonances and synergies make off-path choices always your second choice, no matter what they are. Honestly I would call this a flaw as a roguelike, as it's a pretty boring way to meet a victory condition.

I used to feel this way but it's actually grown on me - in isolation (e.g. 3 random, evenly matched choices) this is true, but situationally it often ends up being right to take the off piece if it's a particularly powerful blessing. Common ones that I take off path over path related stuff: Hunt energy regen on kill, Destruction cheat death, Destruction heal on low health, Remembrance freeze on 70%, Remembrance freeze on attack count, Nihility DoT on Broken target, Nihility Effect Res Down, Hunt crit/crit damage, Preservation MaxHP Shield, etc.

It also matters a lot whether or not you've hit your threshold for 3/6 on your Resonance ability. Some abilities are also more forgiving than others - Hunt really wants 3 levels (ability/crit+regen/Hit harder) where Destruction/Nihility/Remembrance can deal with less.

Realistically the right answer is get powerful enough you can ignore all the mechanics to finish faster but the optimal thing to do is way less fun :(

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Nihility's break efficacy is also a solid one to grab. And Elation's follow up break efficacy if you run e.g. Jin Yuan. Really speeds up chunking down the break bar.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Another self-modeling resin, another ER rope 3D printed because the SU is determined not to give me nice things.

You better be grateful, Gepard.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Oh this new Memory of Chaos is going to be fun. :getin:

I wonder if defense shred can force a target into the negatives...

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Wooh, finally hit EQ 60

*20 minutes later*

welp i'm broke

I had put SW in a kind of generic cowboy set but decided to go the break route and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Snagged a break rope and am at 140% break with 91% hit and having some fun popping bosses in SU.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Has anyone ever bought the Express Pass? I didn't get my jade today.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
With next month's ember passes, I'll be coming up on my second standard banner pity window. I managed to dodge Gepard E2 the first time around, but I know I can't escape my fate forever...

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

Walla posted:

Has anyone ever bought the Express Pass? I didn't get my jade today.

This happened to me like twice but I figured it was a fluke. I wasn't paying enough attention to my jade to tell if I still got it despite the express pass graphic not showing that day. If it happens more I might hit up support.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FractalSandwich posted:

With next month's ember passes, I'll be coming up on my second standard banner pity window. I managed to dodge Gepard E2 the first time around, but I know I can't escape my fate forever...

Imagine being upset at hard crowd control which synergizes with at least 2 other characters. I'll give you my E0 Gepard in trade.

MuffinsAndPie posted:

This happened to me like twice but I figured it was a fluke. I wasn't paying enough attention to my jade to tell if I still got it despite the express pass graphic not showing that day. If it happens more I might hit up support.

I did get logged out when I started the game. Hopefully it's just a fluke.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I really, really like this new Memory of Chaos effect. :getin:

I have no idea if defense shred goes past zero and into the negatives but a 90k Entanglement pop is a new personal record. :toot:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Sometimes when I log in for a fresh day, I don’t see the timer countdown for the daily 90, but I notice the 90 did get added when I checked

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Walla posted:

Imagine being upset at hard crowd control which synergizes with at least 2 other characters. I'll give you my E0 Gepard in trade.

A new character is more fun and, often, better utility for your account. A new tool for the kit, instead of just sharpening an existing tool

I got Bronya E1 and she's great but I'd rather have another action figure to play with

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I agree if it's a character I'm not using. E1 Arlan is useless to me, but E1 Gepard means he works better in his role. Plus I'd rather get a dupe I am using than a new character that I have zero interest in.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

I have no idea if defense shred goes past zero and into the negatives but a 90k Entanglement pop is a new personal record. :toot:

Def shred is capped at the enemy having 0% defense.

Which is probably for the best because otherwise it would start scaling in an extremely unbalanced way, and have silly interactions like your character doing more damage the lower their level was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

hit button posted:

Def shred is capped at the enemy having 0% defense.

Which is probably for the best because otherwise it would start scaling in an extremely unbalanced way, and have silly interactions like your character doing more damage the lower their level was.

Alas.

I guess that means I should probably split up the Pela and Silver Wolf Defense Shredtacular for this MoC wave.