Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Harvey Birdman posted:

Same, this is absolutely the spot for a Portal-type "The Part Where He Kills You" joke. please let this landddd

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

We did it, everyone!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
:hmmyes:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
:toot:

Patware posted:

you'll all be back on this side of the line again soon enough
I think all the positive responses are proof this never just became a hate or mock thread. Coyote is here and he's already coyoteing and we're happy to go along for the ride.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

It's because Coyote actually does things rather than have things happen at him and stand around with slackjawed expressions while someone else explains the plot

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Tom, are you reading this thread? Fess up.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Macaluso posted:

I'm actually gonna be really disappointed if the next chapter isn't actually named "Coyote knew this would happen"

Congratulations!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Randalor posted:

He used to anyway. I wouldn't post here either if I were him.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Randalor posted:

he shouldn't

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I hope not, I don’t want to feel bad insulting someone’s artistic work to their face. I might hate the direction but that’s different in fan discussions vs directly with the author.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Oh, no, I was just making a joke about how the chapter title was the (utterly appropriate) obvious joke that someone called out in the thread.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the setup and payoff were telegraphed pretty clearly, I doubt he needed someone to give him the idea

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I knew this would happen

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

coolusername posted:

I hope not, I don’t want to feel bad insulting someone’s artistic work to their face. I might hate the direction but that’s different in fan discussions vs directly with the author.
Tom has an account and posted here further back in the comic’s earlier years. I imagine he is too busy to post, or the thread got too much traffic/goony posting to keep up, but there is a chance he still reads it.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

here's to seeing if leaning on THIS beloved character will help things, or whether his plot/mystery must also submit before the loup dating sim juggernaut

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

At this point I would just like the comic to come to a conclusion so I can see what Tom does next.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

coolusername posted:

I am the sole non-artist in a household full of professional artists, and I will be straight with you, rattling someone by the shoulders and telling them where exactly they're loving up has eventually resulted in thanks more than several times

given that the thread has been harping on him for years I also very much doubt that he comes in here anymore

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jun 26, 2023

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

It's because Coyote actually does things rather than have things happen at him and stand around with slackjawed expressions while someone else explains the plot
Yeah but I mean we're mostly going "heck yeah coyote!" And "coyote did a coyote thing yay!" Instead of finding things to nitpick

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Pants Donkey posted:

Tom has an account and posted here further back in the comic’s earlier years. I imagine he is too busy to post, or the thread got too much traffic/goony posting to keep up, but there is a chance he still reads it.
Last post was in 2020 about a possible animated adaptation.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
The armchair psychology that was applied to Tom as the comic devolved was deeply uncomfortable to read even as someone who has nothing to do with him, I can't imagine sticking around and reading this thread if it were me.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

Osmosisch posted:

The armchair psychology that was applied to Tom as the comic devolved was deeply uncomfortable to read even as someone who has nothing to do with him, I can't imagine sticking around and reading this thread if it were me.

a lot of that was based on things he's said in the retrospectives, not just wild speculation. some conclusions may have been (e: extreme over-)reaches, but we were trying to figure out why our beloved comic managed to fall off this hard. it was at the exact same time as those reviews stopped being produced, what else were we supposed to do? we extrapolated from the information that we had, once the reliable source stopped existing.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Before we get too excited about coyote remember that Loup was his idea

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
also if you think jerrek is gone lol

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Niavmai posted:

what else were we supposed to do?

nothing, lol

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
honestly

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Farg posted:

also if you think jerrek is gone lol

Yeah I don’t even feel like the comic is acting like this is the end of Jerrek and I am not certain why people are acting like he died. But also some of the page to page logic of this comic has been a little hard to track lately so maybe people just have gotten some better sense of the new rhythm than me.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

It wouldn't be the first time goons chased a webcomic author off the website, fwiw

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020
Loup is good, actually.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Now that he's dead, sure

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Macaluso posted:

I'm actually gonna be really disappointed if the next chapter isn't actually named "Coyote knew this would happen"

GunnerJ posted:

Congratulations!

Also, am I supposed to know who this white-haired girl is that seems like an author stand-in, or did I just forget who she is? I realize that might sound like a jab, but it's not, honest question, I think I've forgotten more things than I remember about the comic by now.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Tea-San, same name as Tom's account, she is just an author stand-in narrator for the between bits.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
She also appears with another author stand-in that never shows their face to announce comic breaks, and each time their surroundings and environmental props show an increasingly more post-apocalyptic situation.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Nettle Soup posted:

Tea-San, same name as Tom's account, she is just an author stand-in narrator for the between bits.

That's basically what I thought I remembered, thanks! Except for the name, which I will probably forget again within the hour.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Even if Loup/Jerrek isn't dead, we get at least a handful of pages of Coyote fun time. Coyote's just such a fun character that it's hard for him to be on-screen and not have it be enjoyable.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
brb telling an ai to draw coyote with jerrek hanging from his toothy snout like an anglerfish lure

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Sam Sanskrit posted:

Yeah I don’t even feel like the comic is acting like this is the end of Jerrek and I am not certain why people are acting like he died.
Because we want to have nice things

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.

Osmosisch posted:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

isasphere posted:

She also appears with another author stand-in that never shows their face to announce comic breaks, and each time their surroundings and environmental props show an increasingly more post-apocalyptic situation.

brexit is hitting everyone hard ok

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Okay, Coyote, yer layin' it on a bit thick now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I'm surprised there isn't an end of chapter symbol.